• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Switch from Caribe to Vistana Villages?

sparklemom

Mouseketeer
I currently have reservations for Caribe Royale starting on Saturday but can save $250 ($300 if you count the free wifi) by switching to a Mousesavers deal at Sheraton Vistana Villages. I'm torn because I would love to save the money, but I dislike (and my husband really, truly hates) timeshare pitches, even just being approached in the lobby. How bad is it at Vistana? Can anyone weigh in with other reasons besides money that are pros/cons for the switch? Are the pools warmer at one resort than the other? Rooms brighter? Drive more convenient? General feeling more luxurious? Any input is appreciated. Thank you!!

I currently have reservations for Caribe Royale starting on Saturday but can save $250 ($300 if you count the free wifi) by switching to a Mousesavers deal at Sheraton Vistana Villages. I'm torn because I would love to save the money, but I dislike (and my husband really, truly hates) timeshare pitches, even just being approached in the lobby. How bad is it at Vistana? Can anyone weigh in with other reasons besides money that are pros/cons for the switch? Are the pools warmer at one resort than the other? Rooms brighter? Drive more convenient? General feeling more luxurious? Any input is appreciated. Thank you!!

SVV will have multiple pools (3, I think). One of them has a pirate ship theme that is a big hit for younger kids. Caribe appears to only have one pool.

Parking and internet are both free for guests at SVV. I just checked the Caribe website, and it appears at least internet is a surcharge there.

What types of rooms do you have booked at Caribe? SVV will have a washer and dryer in both their one bedroom units. Caribe looks like they only have washers and dryers in the 2 bedroom configurations.

For price, are you comparing a 2 bedroom villa at SVV to a 2 bedroom suite at Caribe? (just wanting to make sure you are comparing apples to apples, and not downgrading from a larger villa to a smaller one).

SVV has a FUN Team that will host daily scheduled activities at the resort....pool parties, family karaoke nights, poolside movies, etc. Not sure if that's something Caribe also has or not.

Caribe is slightly closer to Disney than SVV (SVV is slightly closer to the SW family of parks). But neither is inconvenient for driving purposes.

As far as the timeshare pitch.....yes, you WILL be extended an offer to sign up for a presentation (with an incentive of some kind....at SVR, its light sabres for the kids, a cash payment for Mom and Dad, and discount tickets). On our first stay, we just politely said "no thanks" and asked them to take us our follow up list. Easy peasy and that was the end of it. If SVV is anything like SVR, though, you will get daily messages left on your voice mail about events happening at the resort (or changes to scheduled events due to weather, etc.). Some folks misconstrue those as timeshare meeting calls, but they aren't.

Caribe will give you daily maid service. Depending on how you book SVV, you may only get a mid-week tidy and a full cleaning at the one week point. Be sure to check and see if the Mousesavers deal includes daily housekeeeping or not, if that will be important to you.

For a $250 savings, if you are not sacrificing any room amenities (internet, etc.) and keeping with the same amount of bedrooms and bathrooms, I would make the switch in a heartbeat. That's a lot of Mickey Bars or souvenirs :thumbsup2 .

Thanks for the input! Yes, I'm comparing apples to apples -- both 2 BR villas. And with the $10 per day internet charge vs free wifi, it's more like $300 worth of Mickey bars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter