swimming with dolphins in Nassau

I have our family of 5 booked for May. They don't know yet, and they won't know until we get there. ;)

• If you are participating in the Dolphin Encounter, you may take personal photos and videos during your program
  • If you are participating in the Dolphin Swim, you will be getting into the water almost immediately. During the second half of your program you may take your own photos on the platform

We did the Blue Lagoon through the ship and loved it

We've done both. I recommend the Blue Lagoon for all the reasons posters above have given. It's a more authentic experience.

Does anyone know if the 'Encounter' (not the swim) is video taped by the Blue Lagoon staff and for sale afterwards?
I know the swim is videotaped, but our plans have changed slightly and we are now just going to try for the encounter (tonight is our 75 day window so im hoping something is still available!) and would love it if they did the video rather then us trying to do it while enjoying the experience.

Does anyone know if the 'Encounter' (not the swim) is video taped by the Blue Lagoon staff and for sale afterwards?
I know the swim is videotaped, but our plans have changed slightly and we are now just going to try for the encounter (tonight is our 75 day window so im hoping something is still available!) and would love it if they did the video rather then us trying to do it while enjoying the experience.
We were able buy both the video and pictures in 2013. I was impressed with the quality of the video. Pictures are terrific.

OK - after reading this I'm changing to Blue Lagoon - seems like you get to do a whole lot more WITH the dolphins than at Atlantis and after further investigating of the slides and such at Atlantis, my 7yo will be too small for many of them...and less stress for me to worry about him...I think we'll enjoy the BL much more. So excited!!

Since I just changed now, we ended up with the 1245pm start time, which is ok I guess since we have 2nd dining, but does anyone know if we could request moving to morning time slot once we get onboard??

Last edited:
We did the Blue Lagoon through the ship and loved it. DD (5 at the time) still talks about "our" dolphin, Andy. We had an underwater camera, but couldn't use it. We bought the pictures they took and the DVD. Both are great quality. There were multiple time options and we didn't have trouble booking 45 days out (although, I was worried too and got up first thing in the morning to book). Have fun!

curious why you couldn't use your underwater camera? they wouldn't let you? or no opportunity? other reason? trying to decide if I should bother looking for a waterproof camera or just accept that we will pay big bucks to buy the pictures they take...

Blue Lagoon, hands down. The ride and the scenery over there is awesome. The guys driving us over and back told us who (movie stars) lived in certain homes (mansions). Plus, if you want you can stay and swim in their private beach area. We opted to stay for about an hour and headed back to the ship and showered and then hit some of the shops in Nassau.

When we were there a couple years ago, you can purchase and pick up your DVD and Pictures right away. You picked them up in there shop.

Thats really good then! I was expecting the usual gotta wait for it to be edited and put together, but right away is amazing and a definite purchase for us!

Just off the Dream July 26-July 1 Double Dip. We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and while we enjoyed it, there are a few things I felt could/should be shared here.

On the boat to BL...there was brief mention of the celeb houses, but they were not actually pointed out...the only names I heard (barely audible) were Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. :bored: Once we arrived, we shared the dolphin encounter with one other family (of 5). We were a family of 4. First of all, DO NOT expect the same friendly service you get on the Disney Cruise Ship...it was NOT the same...to start with, they had me fill out 2 forms because they could not figure out what platform we were going to be on and initially they had split our group of four :eek: (!!!!). Regarding photos and videos...the video is $68 and included the other family as well...sorry, not paying that much to have to fast forward half the video...they went back and forth during the encounter with 2 people at a time from each family. (makes no sense). I don't understand the logic of putting 2 families together as there was NO time savings as we all treaded water/waited while other people had their encounter w/the dolphin(s). I think they would sell more videos if they did the encounters separately, giving each family the 20-30 minutes w/the dolphin that we ultimately had. I guess they want it to feel like you had more time though all that time treading water, there is NO contact with the dolphins. :confused3 As for pictures, a 5x7 is $16...prices go up from there. They can also be purchased on-line though I have yet to do this so I don't know if they'll send the electronic file or the actual print. Hoping for the file. :scratchin

The best part was the foot push...loved it!!!

Lastly, the boat ride back was essentially a loud music dance party.

Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter