• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sweeteners Available in WDW on Property?

BeckyEsq

Mouseketeer.
Can anyone tell me what sweetener packets are typically available on property in WDW? I seem to remember there were always different colored packets (pink, yellow, blue) but on closer inspection, they all contained the same thing (I think aspartame?) Just wondering if I need to carry my favorite with me. Thanks!

Blue, Pink, and Yellow. Sometimes Stevia too.

Equal (aspartame; blue), Sweet'N Low (saccharin, pink), and Splenda (sucralose, yellow).

I haven't seen the green stevia packs at WDW unless it's in an actual coffee shop, but I haven't been at Disney Properties much in the last couple years so that may have changedl.

I will say that I prefer Splenda. They usually don't have those available in hotel room coffee kits and they are sometimes hard to find in restaurants and food courts so I bring my own.

Blue and Pink seem plentiful.

Nope definitely not the same. As indicated above Aspartame blue, Splenda yellow and Saccharin pink. As a diabetic, I have never had an issue getting any of them, though my preference is Splenda. If you don’t see the one you want, ask. I usually dump extra into my purse so I have them just in case.

Of course, whether artificial sweeteners are good for diabetics is another conversation. :rolleyes:

Nope definitely not the same. As indicated above Aspartame blue, Splenda yellow and Saccharin pink. As a diabetic, I have never had an issue getting any of them, though my preference is Splenda. If you don’t see the one you want, ask. I usually dump extra into my purse so I have them just in case.

Of course, whether artificial sweeteners are good for diabetics is another conversation. :rolleyes:

I'm not diabetic (just prefer Splenda) but I help care for a diabetic and he does okay with sucralose but reacts badly to aspartame as does his mother who is not diabetic, but then I have another diabetic friend who is fine with any of them.

Also I dislike Stevia. It tastes bitter to me. And Saccharin has a metalic taste I don't like. I'm okay with Aspartame, just not my favorite.

Body chemistry is a weird thing for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter