• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sweet Tomatoes at Disney crossroads?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,
I know this is not strictly a Disney restaurant but I am sure I read somewhere that there is one of these at the Crossroads is that right? I won't have a car, how much would a cab from downtown be? Is it good for children too?
Debx:hug:

There is, and I definitely recommend it. Plenty of salad, bread, soups and desserts and it's all delicious and fresh. Makes a nice change from Disney food!

If you sign up on the Sweet Tomatoes website there is printable coupons you will receive via e-mail. We were there on June 7th for lunch & loved it. We had coupons for lunch (6.99 per adult & our son is 11 so he ate for 4.99). It was awesome. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A cab couldn't be much as I consider this a walkable distance,not saying I suggest you walk as just having to cross the busy 535 is enough reason to take a cab,but if you had to you could walk it in 10-15 minutes from the DTD marketplace,take a cab it can't be more than $5-$10.

thank you so much!! Was looking for somewhere with lots of fresh food, fruit and veg and a change from the burger and fries staple!!! ha! ha!
Debsx;)

thank you so much!! Was looking for somewhere with lots of fresh food, fruit and veg and a change from the burger and fries staple!!! ha! ha!
Debsx;)

This is the place! In addition to the fine, fresh food, it helps assuage any guilt you may be having for all the less healthy food you've likely been chowing down. Enjoy!

I am kind of torn....I want to tell you how great it is but then again I am selfish and hate to share it. ST is fantastic! What i also love is the way they monitor the food. They constantly check temp and rotate the food. The chicken soup is unbeliveable there are HUGE chunks of chicken and noodles and the other soups are made from scratch. It is kind of like a Panera but serve your self.

It's a buffet , i guess? Have never been, but hear great things.

You walk in and the first thing you see is a long salad buffet line where you grab a tray and some plates and load them with salad items.At the end of the salad buffet line you get glasses for your drinks and pay the cashier.You walk with your tray to a table and fill your drink cups as they are self serve.Then you can eat your salads or at any time you can go to the soup,bakery,pasta,pizza,ice cream and fruit area.That area is a buffet,but I've also heard you can go back to the salad area and get more,I've
never felt the need to get more salad stuff so I can't verify that,but the other area is an all you can eat area for sure.

You walk in and the first thing you see is a long salad buffet line where you grab a tray and some plates and load them with salad items.At the end of the salad buffet line you get glasses for your drinks and pay the cashier.You walk with your tray to a table and fill your drink cups as they are self serve.Then you can eat your salads or at any time you can go to the soup,bakery,pasta,pizza,ice cream and fruit area.That area is a buffet,but I've also heard you can go back to the salad area and get more,I've
never felt the need to get more salad stuff so I can't verify that,but the other area is an all you can eat area for sure.

Thank you, I'm sure I will go there in August with my daughter.
We arrive one day before my husband and son, they wouldn't enjoy it so much.

Wow, I love that you posted this. We plan on hitting it when we go in Oct. and I love to know what to expect. This was a great restaurant report :)t.

I don't know my husband and son love it. They love the soup pizza, mac and cheese or alfredo and the chocolate lava cake with the serve you self soft sevre Edys frozen yogurt. It is not the typical salad bar you are picturing.

So glad I read about Sweet Tomatoes here! I signed up and got their coupons emailed to me. And now it's on our to-do list!:thumbsup2

The menu looks superb - and a pleasing number of GF options, which I assume means Gluten Free and not Girlfriend.

Definitely going to check that out when we come over in October :)

The menu looks superb - and a pleasing number of GF options, which I assume means Gluten Free and not Girlfriend.

Definitely going to check that out when we come over in October :)

If they were Girlfriend Options I suppose that might be appealing to some, too!

It is not my 2DS favorite. They missed the meat!

My daughter loves it and so do I. We go every time we are down. I have brought many a person with me. Not one disliked it. Coupons are great and when we are in the restaurant we have received additional ones.

There is a new one we have not tried as of yet and will in Aug. it is on the 192 near Emerald Island Resort where we stay.
The drive will be approx. 10 minutes. How great is that!

It is not my 2DS favorite. They missed the meat!

My daughter loves it and so do I. We go every time we are down. I have brought many a person with me. Not one disliked it. Coupons are great and when we are in the restaurant we have received additional ones.

There is a new one we have not tried as of yet and will in Aug. it is on the 192 near Emerald Island Resort where we stay.
The drive will be approx. 10 minutes. How great is that!

We're staying at WBC at the beginning of August. Do you happen to know if it's scheduled to open early in the month? That should be closer to WBC than the other, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter