Sweet Home Saratoga: A Happyhaunt Haunted Hootenanny!

I don't know who Alex is. So his broken bone, although probably painful, seems a distraction.

It was savagely boring. Tediously goring. Wordy. Preachy. stagnant. Not. at all. funny and it was total CARP!!!
I'm impressed that you can tell when it's crap. From my viewpoint, it all fits into that category.

It was... as if ZZUB wrote it.
So in other words, it was insanely good?

Merry Christmas and Roll Tide.

:moped:

Edit: Hi Sneezie!

Wow this takes me back to my early DIS days! I haven't been on the trip reports board much, so maybe you've been around, but haven't seen you in forever. I probably never posted on them before, but Mel reports and ZZUB reports were always my favorites. You guys are the cool kids!

Whenever I read your reports, my brain starts thinking in sentence fragments...

Awweee! Thanks all!

Ashypoo! My pooh... olo! OmG!!! Gotta chat like soon! YAK!!! OMG YAK!!! Text u tomorrow. Some CARP olo!!! Tonga Toast! My Sneezie! Bjscheel hello! Here's the truth: Me(l) and ZZUB are not at all cool. Just regular peeps. And tbh super geeky and dysfunctional ....well... ZZUB is heheheheh. Tho... hopefully...(u and Sneezie like Me(l) more than ZZUB! Admit it! heheheheh.) Backstage Gal! Hello! again again!!! Tabrziollio (new name lol!) Much cooler tho! Sounds like a tapas! Yummy scrummy... And... REDHATLADY!!! (Nothin' like a hot water bottle on the lower back after RED LOBSTER at 4 O'EarlyBirdSpecial!)!!!!! (hugsx0x0x0x00x)

Makes you feel real good. Nothin' like RED...BLLL-Lobster in the afternoon. It's the biscuits. Baybee. Truth.

Been there done that. My General is a fan.

now then.

ZZUBBie BBubbie...

You should know that Alex is Beth's boyfriend. They're super serious. And "in love". Whatever that is when ur 21! Capish??? He's part of the happyhaunt crew now. And he's a good guy.

We all like him.

He eats too much just like the happyhaunts so he fits in super well... and...and is freakishly large. His hands and feet especially. So... he fits in real nice. And thinks I'm a great cook. Which really works for Me(l).

Plus... he's smart and he harasses Beth non-stop.

All good.

Pay attention. ok????

Then there's this: I appreciate your post. A lot. It was mean and also nice. I kinda needed that.

SO...

THANKS!!! For coming by. U comforted me. Weirdly. Festively?????

needed that.

Uggghhhhh. BARF. Shudder.

repeat.

Cheers, Mel

and... a ROLL TIDE!!!!

EDIT: Best EVAH chapter coming Saturday!!

I. Think.

errrr chapter anywho.

heheheheh.

pirate::moped:pirate::santa:pixiedust::car::charac2::jester::dogdance::bday:

Isn't it Saturday? Ahhhh! I must be blind, because I don't see the best EVAH chapter, just some carp from Zzub and more deets about Alex, who admittedly sounds awesome. Hi Alex! You have 30 minutes, Mel. I'm off to watch SNL.

Friday October 9th aka Day 2 aka Part 1 aka Nothing Like Using The Washroom on A PLANE When U R Afraid of Flying.

Where were weÉÉÉ...question mark.

(And...this might be confusselling...my keyboard wonèt make question marks or apostrophes. Idk why. So bear with Me(l). It just makes ÈÈÈs lol or lil èèès)

Need a new keyboard. Exclamation point!

Oh... good. Nevermind. !!!!! That works!!! Exclamation points. All good still. Heh heh.

We went to sleep at a decent time. With bellies full of meat love. And hearts happy. Because... we happyhaunts love us some meat. And when I mean LOVELOVELOVE I mean that meat fills the empty places in our souls our hearts our small and large intestines... and makes us rejoice and feel alive.

Yes. We are carnivores. Huge ghostly overeating carnivores.

Proudly and unabashedly.

For Me(l) there is nothing like meat on the bone. To make me happy. Eating with my hands and ripping and tearing it away from the bone with my teeth is my favourite thing. When eating meat.

That. Combined with the fact that I eat a lot and am sorta messy lost me a decent boyfriend in university.

True story.

I grossed him out. Basically.

He was prissy and didnèt (ok... the e is the apostrophe now capishÉ question mark) drink beer either. Holy Hell this keyboard is truly ****ed! lol

However... I met my Mellyman later on and he thought the way I eat was sexy and... we are still together many years later.

Our alarm went off at 7am. Our flight was 8:30am. We dressed and grabbed our stuff and went down to get the shuttle to basically go across the street at 7:20am.

I had no makeup on and Mellyman didnèt brush his teeth. Either. Ok. Neither heh heh. But... we were at our gate a good twenty minutes before boarding with coffees in hand.

I had time to run to the bathroom and put a lil makeup on. It was NOT a Waterpark Day afterall. Gotta be presentable. Ish.

We were in like the third boarding group. Which always floors me because Mellyman swears SWEARS he goes online and grabs our seats aka boarding group EXACTLY EXACTLY 24 hrs before. Like right when he can do it. The very minute.

********!!! Mellyman!

I believe he is truly full of **** because we are NEVERNEVERNEVER even in the 2nd group. Always way back in the pack. Whatever tho. We get on the plane.

Thatès actually the important part. (see the apostrophe thereÉÉÉ... question marks... keyboard issues... bear with Me(l))

Heh heh

This. is. really kinda funny to me. TFI. Itès like in addition... to my regular punctuation... and grammer messes. Seriously hard to read lol. Maybe, tho, this keyboard is supposed to be mine. Forever. lol. OLO!

Anywho... we boarded the plane just fine and I started to look for my perfect seatmate. It was to be Mellyman on one side. And an older maternal woman on the other.

As my OCD fear of flying needing the comfort of humanity to get through... requires. CapishÉÉÉÉ question marks

I found her!!!

Midway thru the plane.

two empty seats beside her. Well dressed. Alone. Wealthy looking. Nicely groomed. Nice purse. Heavy set. Slight scent of older lady perfume. But not unpleasant or overwhelming.

MINE!!! All mine!

(again...I sound like a serial killer. Ièm not. Forgive Me(l))

Just need a Mommyish seatmate.

CapishÉÉÉ question marks

She ended up being a great choice as I knew she would. I have a great instinct usually about all this. She was friendly and chatty and I enjoyed the flight.

Except for the bathroom incident.

In a nutshell... I had eaten plenty Texas De Brazil. A lot a lot lot. the night before.

I had to use the restroom midflight.

Horror!!!!! SHOW!!!!

Ièll keep this brief but it amounted to the need to UNBUCKLE my seatbelt. WALK on A PLANE. IN THE @#**&#@$$$ AIR!!! And use the restroom.

I returned. To my seat.

Mellyman: How was that MelÉÉÉ question marks

Me(l): Fine.

Mellyman: FineÉ question mark

Me(l): Yes. But Ièll prolly need therapy. And tbh the panic attack last trip was much more fun.

Mellyman: Heh heh

Me(l): Did you just Heh heh meÉÉÉ question marks

Mellyman: Yep. Heh heh.

(ThatÈs MY THING!!!! How dare he!!!!)

Heh heh

Oh... we had some snacks too on the plane. But NOT my package of SNOOP DOGG Frito Lay Honey BBQ Twists. Because when I pulled it out of my knapsack it had mysteriously swollen up into a balloon. I showed Mellyman and said...does this look rightÉ question mark.

Then he said that it looked like botulism. Or else something to do with the air pressure in the cabin.

I went with the air pressure explanation because I was eating those Honey BBQ Twists come hell or high water. Botulism be damned!!!

Cause we canèt buy them in Canada.

What is a bit of drooping eyelids, double vision, dry mouth, difficulty speaking and possible temporary paralysisÉÉÉ question marks

AnyhowÉ question mark

Not a big deal.

Ask Snoop Dogg

Is called: Being... Blazin HIGH!!!

Cheers, Mel

edit: I didnèt eat them until we were in Disney tho. The package deflated to look normal. Again. I was confident that I wasnèt gonna get botulism or blazin high.

MEEEERRRRRY XXXXXXMASSSSS!!!!!

Roll TIDE!!!!:moped:

AND:

SUCK IT ASH!!!!!!

SUCK IT!

HEH HEH

:D

:santa:

Last edited:
Very impressed, I am. NOT with your psycho question marks and apostrophes though. Just with your ability to squeak that one in before the clock struck 12. Well done! You showed me.

How is Mellyman feeling? Hope you all can enjoy the holidays despite all the health complications. I am, as usual, consumed with cooking and baking and about to settle for "good enough" on the shopping front. Life's too short to stress. Note: The ? And ' were added there just to show you how it's done. And there's another one! No two! I must be very talented.

All that to say, Merry Christmas to the whole Happyhaunt crew. Enjoy togetherness and good health (please)!

ASHYPOO! My Pooh!

I know... heh heh. Minutes to spare. LOL! And... I was giggling the whole time cause I wanted you to:

SUCK IT!!!!

When I posted before midnite!!!

Lol! OLO!

Mellyman is feeling much better. Alex is ÈsortaÈ (quotation points) feeling better but his leg is still kinda pretty bad and while off the painkillers now he is not very mobile at all.

So... Beth made him go to The Eatonès (apostprophe) Centre with her. Christmas shopping duh!!!

Apparently... there was a lot of crutching around. slowly. sitting on benches. Sweating. Beet red face-ing. And crabbiness. LOL!!!

Big mall.

Lotta walking. Ish.

The tale makes me laugh so hard. All the happyhaunts tbh. But Me(l), Beth and Mellyman especially. Especially...especially... the moment when he claimed he wanted to whip his crutches away, sit down on the floor in the middle of the mall and have a temper tantrum like a lil kid.

He tells it pretty funny. tbh.

So... I expect he had a good day too all in all.

I have also been cooking and have made 24 huge cabbage rolls, 175 perogies, many many batches of homemade bits and bites and lotsa kapusniak.

Baking starts now. Like right now.

I donèt (apostrophe) have a lot of shopping to do this Xmas. Everyone is getting a stocking and one present. Because we are going to Disney in February. All the happyhaunts.

And the exchange rate. Yada yada yada blah. Something about that from Mellyman. So. less shopping. all good.

Anywho...on the upside:

My General had plenty of visitors in the last couple of days last week. Old friends bearing treats. And she was pretty happy and it all went well.

We had Mellymanès (apostrophe) dad and stepmom over on Saturday for dinner and he is doing really well.

Mellyman got a promotion and now I am Mrs. Vice President! olo!

Bad news: My keyboard is truly ****ed!

All that being sad: I am feeling better not so said. Looking forwards to the holidays and eatin too much as usual.

Weèll (apost-roph-I!) talk soon and thank you thank you thank you... for your wishes and checking in.

You rock!!!

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family.

And... to everyone else too!!! All my Disboard friends and peeps!!! Have a wonderful holiday!!! Wonderful!!!

Cheers, Mel.

Edit: You too ZZUB!!! I expect youèll (apost oh this is painfull trophe) enjoy the festive ham I have sent you. Itès (damnit apostrophe again) a spiral sliced vacuum packed ham I have specially cured for u.

I left it for two months in the bushes beside the house to age.

Then froze it.

Do not be alarmed that it has swollen up into a tight balloon bubble. Ish. Shape.

It is fine.

Enjoy.

Do NOT share.

Roll Tide!!:moped:

Glad to hear everyone is starting to feel better!

Poor Alex, though. Eaton Centre is a big mall, and makes me want to sit and have a tantrum even when it is not Christmas crowded and I don't have crutches. DH doesn't like it because their washrooms close too early on weekends. He knows this because when DS was 5, we went to Toronto and to a Blue Jays game. After the game, we took the subway back to Eaton Centre to get to our hotel. DS had to pee, right that minute, couldn't get to the hotel. So DH picked him up and ran down the escalator to the food court thinking there would be a washroom. All locked. And so he found a discarded paper cup for DS to pee in. Our fabulous Eaton Centre experience!

Merry Christmas to all!

Friday October 9th aka Day 2 Part 2 aka Changing in a Parking Lot.

So after the horror show of the bathroom incident. the flight was pretty calm and uneventful. My Mommyish seatmate was stellar. Just grand.

We had a fine time while Mellyman napped. Basically.

Our flight got into MCO earlier than expected and that was great because our plan for lunch was FOOD and WHINE 2015...20th anniversary... in Epcot!

We landed safely and only I clapped. Singular. No one else clapped cause we landed safely.

I think itès kinda rude. but whatever.

We grabbed our crap and got ready to get off the plane. But not before I awkwardly hugged Diane (beside Me(l)) and thanked her for her support.

I think she liked it because she told me that I should have a fun vacation. And that I should not be so afraid of flying anymore because she does it all the time and so far so good.

She also mentioned she tries to avoid using the washroom too but thatès a very small thing. Prolly a woman thing and not a flying thing. TBH.

We hit the terminal running. Ok. Speed walking ala Mellyman. But we were making haste to the fake monorail because we had to get to our resort and Epcot STAT.

Hunger was a Hittin!

Hard.

Got to the main terminal and I headed to get our luggage while Mellyman went to secure the rental car.

Our luggage came out pretty quick so fast in fact that I had to wait with it for Mellyman to come back and find Me(l). In the meantime I called to check on The General and the kids. All good. Especially the kids.

We had had Thanksgiving Canadian style the weekend before. With The General and all. This however was official Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend tho and the kids were off for four days. And Beth was home from university and she and Alex were planning on a repeat but with them doing all the cooking for Calvin and Tommy. So there was shopping lists to be discussed and recipe stuff too. I was happy tho that they wanted to do it for the boyz again and she was excited too.

Mellyman said they were playing house while we were gone. Maybe. Definitely maybe. But it seemed nice to me all the same. That they wanted to do it for the boyz.

Mellyman came back eventually and we went to pick our rental car.

Again... it seemed like he had requested the tiniest car on earth. Except this time it was BLUE!!!! And this time he took his wallet out of his pants before he got in.

Heh heh.

I guess you can teach a fat dog new tricks. Afterall.

Errrr...

OLD. Dog.

Also FAT.

We sped to Disney as fast as we could. This time I had my camera and took pics along the way.

Mostly of Mellyman giving Me(l) the finger while he drove. Not kidding. I have three of those. Even before we hit the gates. And then one afterwards.

I ended up with WAY MORE by the end of the trip. TFI.

And if youère wondering which finger I was getting it was NOT the THUMBS UP guy. finger guy. Thingie.

But... tbh he likes doing that to Me(l) and I donèt mind at all so we were all good.

Headed straight to SARATOGA SPRINGS baybee!!!!!! and parked in the parking lot beside the main check in building The Carriage House I believe... NOW...we hadèt been here in like 10 years. Even tho it is our home resort as DVC members. We had spent one night here total and I ÈHATEDÈ it!!! That time TEN YEARS AGO... there were no trees or good landscaping. It looked barren. And sad. Like a golf wasteland aka Mad Max Mel Gibson the original movie.

If he... golfed. Not just went crazy, evil and racist.

Actually... I hear tell the sport of golf can do that to you anyways...so, whatever.

I have friends that play golf.

They have never been the same again. TFI.

Now tho... it was beautiful!!! Saratoga Springs looked lush, full of trees, matured and actually I was shocked at how nice the resort appeared.

I headed in to check in and Mellyman hung out in the tiny car because maybe he was wedged in or else he wanted to check all his phones for work or social or baseball scores. Whatever.

I checked in and our room was NOT ready. No prob but I asked where we were to be located. Just as I had feared we were in the most remote spot on the planet next to Antarctica or Hot Springs Arkansas. Hello Bill Clinton!

Idk why that just popped into my head. But... so be it. I guess I remember stupid stuff.

All ZZUB trip reports lol.

Anywho... our room was to be in the Carousel section. Very very very berry berry far away from DTD or Disney Springs.

CRAP!!!

I wanted Congress Park!!!! Uggghhh!!!

So I said: Ummmm my husband has torn his rotator cuff recently and therefore walking will be difficult for him. Really really hard to walk. We were planning on going to Disney Springs quite a bit. Any way we could be closer.

Heh heh.

Then I said... ok.

ok.

Itès his shoulder not his damn leg. But can you do anything at all. Question marks.

Magically they could and did. We would be moved right beside the walkway to Disney Springs. If we didnèt mind waiting for a room to be cleaned and readied.

NO PROBLEMO!

THANKS YOU!!! And they would text Me(l) when it was ready.

Great and we were off to Epcot to eat!!!! Yay!!!

Just one lil bite of business left.

I headed back to the car and told Mellyman the good news about our room location change. And then that I was gonna change too.

In this very location.

The parking lot. I wanted to change into a tank top for Epcot cause it was damn hot out and I was wearing a short sleeve shirt.

I opened my suitcase and grabbed a shirt. I told Mellyman to stand behind me cause he is huge and I would just change my shirt quick between him and the open backseat door of our tiny car.

He said: Are you sure Mel because I just want you to be sure.

Ya. No prob. No one in the parking lot at all I checked and I will be quick.

He said to go ahead. But he laffed.

Which I thot was just him being Mellyman.

So I whipped off my red short sleeved shirt and put on my tank top. Easy as pie.

He was laffing harder.

I turned around dressed and said: Why are you laffingÉ question mark

Mellyman: Ya cause there is no one in the parking lot but look right across the street!

Me(l): oh. just. super.

There was a whole bus full of Disney Cruise Line folks.

Right.

There.

So. then.

If you were on that bus that day... sorry.

Sorry.

That was hopefully just Mellyman you saw. Laughing hard.

Unless you saw my BRASSIERE.

So sorry.

But... tbh... it is bigger than all my bikini tops so screw it!

Cheers, Mel.

Ouch... white trash Magical Day!

:D

:santa:

Well........I heard music as you changed tops.......ala "The Stripper" Don't know if you're (see the apostrophe there in don't? did it again!) old enough to be aware of the song or not.

Just wanted to ......well, check in!

Thanks for the update! Great job on the room move...... ..

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Hey MMMMmmmmeeeeeelllll Good to see you back in action.

OMG - I can't believe Beth dragged Alex to the Eaton Centre. Poor Boy. I always throw myself down and have a huge hissy fit when I go there.

Except once - when the Ash family came to town and they needed to get something, so I took them there. And Ash did the hissying. Maybe that's why Ash rarely speaks to me anymore. Kidding. Hee-hee. Hi Ash!! But seriously - The Eaton Centre. They should have gone to Sherway. For Sherway. They are doing a re-do there and the re-done part is nice!! Worth the drive, I say.

Anyway - too much Canadiana....which is what the problem is with your keyboard. Mine used to do that. I think it's the French Police, I think.
Heh-heh. Or les heh-heh.

Finally, on the plane......da plane!

Which coming from my previous airline background - the plane is the most important part of the vacay. It starts everything out on the good foot.....or the bad. Can set the tone for the entire trip. So, I'm so glad you chose a great seat-mate.

Just one thing.....you really should take the time to visit the MCO dead guy when you arrive after the fake monorail. You and him would hit it off for sure. I'll 'splain sometime..... :)

Wow I just found the smilies.....:crutches: This one made me think of Mellyman asking for the new room location!

Anyhoo - happy for the wonderful room location too. See - flight sets the tone!

Not so sure about showing your :flower1::flower1:'s to the bus peeps tho....

Looking forward to more next year!!

Have a great and magical Christmas to you and your family!!

A few pics past and present errr... day 1 and 2:

And details to come!!!

Cheers, Mel.

edit: hope this works but it won't FBI

Attachments

• 100_6791.JPG
    100_6791.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_6797.JPG
    100_6797.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_6801.JPG
    100_6801.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_6802.JPG
    100_6802.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_6804.JPG
    100_6804.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_6805.JPG
    100_6805.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_6806.JPG
    100_6806.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_6807.JPG
    100_6807.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 50
Just want to pop in to let you know I am still around and reading. Glad you got a great new location.
And Happy New Year to everybody!party:

Hey Mel. Just popping in at this wee-early hour to see if there is any new Happy Haunts writings.
Happy New Year!!

Oh my goodness! A new Mel TR - most exciting. I'm a bit late to the party, but party-along I will :)

Well...Tee it Up...maybe.

But, then, again maybe "not". For the record gotta note that there's alota Dining Reports takin' a bite of a long time too.

Perhaps...maybe...just maybe... real life beckoned Me(l) REAL REAL HARD. And have been feeling a little said.

Hard to write funny **** when you're said.

Said to say. There. Sad it.

Plus... this is not exactly my job TFI.

But... thanks for your support anywho. Fully appresh.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who the heck are you anyways????

Cheers, Mel

edit: RIP Oreo anyhow :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter