SWDAS Meet and Greet Questions

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We got the email today that the meet and greet activities for SWDAS will now be available to book online starting on October 6.

Our party is:
Me, DH, DD, DS - stateroom 1
My mom, her boyfriend - stateroom 2

We would like to do the Jedi Training and the Darth Vader M&G. If my mom and her boyfriend want to watch the kids do the Jedi Training, do they also need to select this, or is it just for the events in which you will be participating? In a similar vain, if they choose to do the Chewie M&G, can my kids do it with them and get their photos taken? Now, I am going to slip in a photo question as we always get the Cruise Photo package ahead of time, but my mom won't. Can they swipe the kids' KTTW for the photos so we are sure to get them?

Thanks so much :)

Based on previous experience, your kids can go with your mother. But this is the first time that they have done pre-booking so I'm not sure if tickets are needed for each person or just the cabin.
We have had tickets for the cabin, with no names (just the surname), so anyone could go to the meet.
I can't answer about the Jedi training as we don't have kids in that age group.

We get to book ours tonight, which might give more indication of how it works.

For the photos your mother could swipe the kids cards, but you should be able to get the photos with them in it anyway since you are their parents and they are in your cabin.

I also received this email today. Does anyone know if there is a cost for the meet and greets?

Also, I am a silver Castaway Club member so I have to wait until 90 days to book, is that correct?

There is no cost for any meets - it's just that some need to pre-booked and you get tickets to them.
Yes you would be able to book 90 days before your cruise.

We would like to do the Jedi Training and the Darth Vader M&G. If my mom and her boyfriend want to watch the kids do the Jedi Training, do they also need to select this, or is it just for the events in which you will be participating? In a similar vain, if they choose to do the Chewie M&G, can my kids do it with them and get their photos taken?
Every person needs their own ticket to the character meets. So if you want your kids with their grandmother you will need to book them at the same time. I don't think they care about who are in the photos.

The Jedi training says that each participant needs a ticket but a ticket is not needed to watch.

The Jedi training says that each participant needs a ticket but a ticket is not needed to watch.

Anyone can go see the Trials of the Temple in WD theatre, even if you don’t know a participant. We went to a previous showing so our son would know what to expect when it was his turn later that day. It’s important that all the kids wanting to participate have a ticket since they prepare a certificate with their name on it.

I also received this email today. Does anyone know if there is a cost for the meet and greets?

Also, I am a silver Castaway Club member so I have to wait until 90 days to book, is that correct?

I received this email as well. At first I thought it was DCL announcing itinerary changes since it's an Eastern cruise. Silly me.. .They never would announce this far in advance! Lol.

This will be our first time on the Fantasy and first SWDAS. These events that they emailed about-were these previously events that guests requested tickets for upon boarding? I seem to remember reading a trip report where the guests were asked to rank their choices in order of importance and then tickets were assigned to them. Am I thinking of something different?

Thanks, OP for starting this thread and maybe I'll see some of you in February! We're counting the days

-Kelly

These events that they emailed about-were these previously events that guests requested tickets for upon boarding?
On our SWDAS cruise last March, we had to fill a paper card that was left in the room on the first few days of the cruise. They switched it to the online booking recently. It is surely easier for them to manage. We thought that the paper list, with priorities ranging from 1 to 5, was probably a nightmare for onboard guests services.

Booking for the meet & greets opened for me today. You can book all 3 characters available (Chewbacca, C3PO & R2D2 and Darth Vadar) they are not limiting it to two. For our sailing on January 27th, they also have availability to book the M&Gs on the mornings of the first two at sea days. You can select anyone that is within the booking window for your party (assuming you have the reservations linked).

I'm interested to know how these are scheduled. When I heard about it yesterday, I figured we probably won't get to do any since we have to wait until 90 days to do online check-in. I hope we'll be able to see somebody. We are going on the cruise during Spring Break and I'm pretty sure it's totally booked. I hope we are able to see someone.

I'm interested to know how these are scheduled. When I heard about it yesterday, I figured we probably won't get to do any since we have to wait until 90 days to do online check-in. I hope we'll be able to see somebody. We are going on the cruise during Spring Break and I'm pretty sure it's totally booked. I hope we are able to see someone.

There are a ton of times available, I would think that there will be enough availability for everyone, just maybe a limited amount of time slots. This is how my window looked for Chewbacca (same for the others except Darth Vadar who went for an additional hour in the afternoon).

Chewbacca.JPG

There are a ton of times available, I would think that there will be enough availability for everyone, just maybe a limited amount of time slots. This is how my window looked for Chewbacca (same for the others except Darth Vadar who went for an additional hour in the afternoon).

View attachment 275096
Oh cool! Thanks! I'm happy to see them available on more than just the Star Wars day. Originally, I thought it would all only be the one day. Thanks so much!!

Thank You for this info!! We are also silver on the Jan 27 SWDAS and not able to book yet so this is very helpful. Would the official Star Wars Day be on the Day 6 at sea day?

Thank You for this info!! We are also silver on the Jan 27 SWDAS and not able to book yet so this is very helpful. Would the official Star Wars Day be on the Day 6 at sea day?

How fun that you are on the same cruise. :cheer2: Yes, Day 6, February 1st is SWDAS.

Booking for the meet & greets opened for me today. You can book all 3 characters available (Chewbacca, C3PO & R2D2 and Darth Vadar) they are not limiting it to two. For our sailing on January 27th, they also have availability to book the M&Gs on the mornings of the first two at sea days. You can select anyone that is within the booking window for your party (assuming you have the reservations linked).
I wish they would have done it this way on the inaugural cruise, would have made it so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter