• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan vs Wilderness Lodge

LACOOP

Earning My Ears
If you had your choice of Club Level at the Swan or WL woods view which would be the better choice?

WL, more personable and a true resort without the feeling you are in a hotel.

WL FAQ has a lot of good info.

Wilderness Lodge is an incredible place to stay! We got a free upgrade to Courtyard View, and my husband practically lived on the balcony the whole week. My kids loved the bunk beds, and not sharing a bed did make them sleep better. The place was beautiful -- we didn't go to the parks every day, and we had a great time at the pool, etc. Transportation was quite good, though it was rather crowded first thing in the morning. We'd go back to Wilderness Lodge in a heartbeat!

Having said that, our next stay will be at either the Dolphin or the Swan. Why? Because we plan to make Epcot and MGM major parts of our next trip, and transportation is easier from those locations. Also, I'm a teacher so I'll qualify for the discounts.

At what park(s) do you plan to spend most of your time? I'd let that guide your hotel decision.

Like Mrs Pete said- The main thing to keep in mind is the location. If you plan to visit MK the most, WL would be more convenient, but if you plan to visit EPCOT and MGM a lot the Swan would be your resort.

I'll tell you though we love both of these places. The WL has a beautiful theme and is VERY different from the EPCOT resort area. We like to switch off from the S/D to the WL/FW cabins. VERY VERY different atmosphere!

But, if I had to make a decision I'd go for the Swan especially if you're deciding to do the Club Level. Mama T has such a great reputation and she is truely a lovely person! She is a CM at the Swan's club. And, with the renovations done and the heavenly beds I would go for the Swan in a heartbeat! (as you can see from our tag below, we'll be staying at BOTH of those resorts within the next several months:p)

We have always found the CMs at the S/D resorts VERY warm and friendly, just as much as at the WL. We love the S/D resorts and the surroundings. You really feel like you're in the middle of everything. WL is a little more isolated. They are just completely 2 different types of resorts and locations.

Whichever you decide, you won't be disappointed!!

We prefer Wilderness Lodge over the Swan. The Swan has a lot of conventions and business people in suits. You won't see that at Wilderness Lodge. My husband travels on business and the last thing he wants is a reminder of work! The Swan is beautiful and in a great location, though. It just reminds us of work too much when we're on vacation.

Even though the Swan just remodeled its guestrooms and is convenient to Epcot as well as Disney-MGM, I prefer the Wilderness Lodge. It is so atmospheric and just a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom.

I have been in the lobby of the S/D a few times, and twice have toured rooms in the Swan because I have wondered about staying there. When I was there in June there were so many business people that it felt awkward for me. I was getting on the elevator at 10am with a key to look at an empty room and was practically knocked over by a man who reeked of alcohol with his business buddies! I would not stay there with kids if I really wanted to "get away" from it all. WL would be a much better vacation choice IMHO, although, others have had different experiences there.

We went last February and split our stay between WL concierge level (3 nights) and the Swan club level (4 nights). We had a great time and it was really hard for us to decide which resort we liked better. We loved the WL theming and the concierge service. My boys (aged 4 and 7) loved the bunk beds. At the Swan, we loved the convenience of being so close to Epcot and MGM. We often walked to/from Epcot and it was really nice to be so close, and to be "in control" of how long it would take us to get back to the room. The Swan had a great pool, but it was farther to walk to. There were a lot of business people around, but that didn't bother us. The club level had both families and busininess travelers - we didn't feel out of place with our kids there. All four of our family members agreed that the WL was a better resort, but that the SWAN location was awesome. We will probably stay at both again. We might split our stay again if we stay long enough for that to make sense. Have a great trip. They are both great resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter