Swan or POFQ?

jennywren5

Earning My Ears
My husband is taking me to Disney for my 40th (yay! Love him!!) and I can't decide between the Swan and POFQ. They are both the same price for the weekend we are going and even though I have stayed at the Swan before and I love it's location, I have always wanted to try POFQ. Help me decide please!!! Which would you pick?

If you've already stayed at the Swan before, I'd go for POFQ. On our upcoming trip to Disney in March, we are staying at 3 resorts over 9 nights, all 3 resorts will be new to us. Even though we really enjoyed CBR our last trip, we wanted to explore different resorts this time, and POFQ is one of them, I can't wait to see it.

We've stayed at both and have enjoyed both. The major selling point at the S&D is the location...it's just hard to beat for that price. However, we really liked the size and theming of POFQ our fave mod by far! I'm no help lol. I suppose if it were me making the choice I'd weigh out how much we'd be at EP, HS and boardwalk area. If our plans were heavy that way (which with an adults trip they would be) I'd go with the Swan. If not...POFQ.
You can't go wrong, both resorts are great!

Since it's a short trip, I would do the Swan so you can walk to Epcot and DHS.

I'm a fan of POFQ the ability to take the boat to Disney Springs is a big plus and it's a more intimate resort. You can't go wrong with either one so I'd base it on how you are spending your time. Oh and whether you need Magical Express as that isn't a benefit of staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

I'm a fan of POFQ the ability to take the boat to Disney Springs is a big plus and it's a more intimate resort. You can't go wrong with either one so I'd base it on how you are spending your time. Oh and whether you need Magical Express as that isn't a benefit of staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

Nor is parking if you are driving. To me, I would always choose POFQ. The theming is great, the boat to DS is perfect, and I prefer Disney when staying at Disney. Swalphin just doesn't seem "Disney" to me. Ok if that is what you want. It's funny, I always liked the look of the Swalphin but finally figured out I like the outside. The inside just doesn't do anything for me.

I would always pick the Swan over a mod. Location, upgraded amenities, bigger, more comfortable, refurbished rooms, great restaurants, great pool area. POFQ is lovely, but I really enjoy walking to two parks over relying on a bus!

Nor is parking if you are driving. To me, I would always choose POFQ. The theming is great, the boat to DS is perfect, and I prefer Disney when staying at Disney. Swalphin just doesn't seem "Disney" to me. Ok if that is what you want. It's funny, I always liked the look of the Swalphin but finally figured out I like the outside. The inside just doesn't do anything for me.
Which parking do you mean? Theme park parking is complimentary. Nightly parking at the resort is an extra fee.

My husband is taking me to Disney for my 40th (yay! Love him!!) and I can't decide between the Swan and POFQ. They are both the same price for the weekend we are going and even though I have stayed at the Swan before and I love it's location, I have always wanted to try POFQ. Help me decide please!!! Which would you pick?
I have never stayed at the Swan but have been to POFQ several times...I LOVE IT! my husband and I go once a year (if we can) and pretty much always stay there. It's quiet, not TOO many kids running around but still some fun things for them to do. It's out of the way a little so no huge crowds. The rooms are a tiny bit dated but very comfortable...usually hotel beds give me a back ache but not these! we had a corner room right on the river....lovely. So, I can't compare for you but I can give you my opinion on what I've done. Have fun and Happy 40th!

I would always choose Swan or Dolphin over a moderate. Great heavenly beds, a real step up for all the reasons posters have listed. Great restaurants. And the location is exactly where we want to be on property.

Not a fan of the Swan except for it's location.

We stayed at BC last December and had a few meals at the nearby Swolphin restaurants (not the high end ones, but moderately priced sit down places). There was a noticeable difference in service at each of them compared to our "worse" WDW restaurant...and it wasn't for the better. Food was just ok, but service was hugely indifferent at best and absent altogether at worst. I even complained to a manager, and as a former waitress I am usually very reasonable and understanding when it comes to wait staff issues.

I'm also not a fan of the hotel 'theming', which is very nondescript inside, very generic chain Hilton or Doubletree interior (based on a previous short overnight stay). I just don't find the Swolphin to be Disney Magic.

So in short despite the location, I do not find the Swan or dolphin to be a good value for my family. I would much rather stay at a moderate with a bus ride then stay at a non-Disney property, even if those are within walking distance to two parks. I have stayed at numerous moderate options at Disney, and I have been impressed with food options and service overall, room decor, and inside and outside resort theming every time.

Those things mean so much more to me than location. And as I have never had an issue with bus transportation from any level of resort at Disney, I would be thrilled to stay at a Disney moderate resorts ever swan or dolphin.

Swan

walking distance to two parks
heavenly beds
larger, more comfortable rooms
interior corridors
lots of dining options
covered walkway to bus stop (one bus stop)
covered walkway to boat
walk to BW entertainment
great pool

POFQ

boat to DS
walk to POR
only one food court for dining
new splash area at pool (but pool is pretty lame)
one bus stop
magical express or free parking
dining plan option available

WE have stayed at both. We really much prefer the swan.

I don't think you can make a bad choice. I would choose the Swan. That location is perfect for the price.

We liked the Swan for the proximity however it just didn't scream "Welcome Home" to us. It is a beautiful hotel but lots of business people there. Staff was great, room was great - it just didn't have the Disney feel. We love POFQ - have stayed there many times. It's a smaller resort but that's why we love it. Love the boat ride to DS and they have a great pool. Also we like using the Magical Express (we don't rent a car) and that's not included with the Swan. We would stay at the Swan again if they had a great deal but generally not our first choice.

We love POFQ! We try to stay at a different resort each trip so since you have never been there I would say go for it. We stayed at the YC last trip so ate breakfasts at a lot of the nearby resorts and did not care for the buffet at the Garden Grove at the Swan. The food was so so and it was much more expensive than the buffets at Disney and the buffet was smaller. If you do not want to eat at the food court at FQ every day you can always walk over to Riverside if you want or can always take an early morning bus to a park for an early breakfast or a cab to a resort if you don't have your own car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter