Swan or Dolphin???

allmine69

Earning My Ears
Ok planning our 2 nd trip in a year to Disney. Single mom on a budget. I know both hotels are the same but is either better? And why?
Thanks!!

Depends on what you need. The Swan has queen beds, but the Dolphin is more fun for children.

I would say the Dolphin with a discount rate - which I hope you can secure (nurse, teacher, military, maybe others- it pays to call the S/D directly and ask reservations).

Reasons for the Dolphin:
1) closer to the Grotto pool and kiddie pool (depending on the ages of your children)

2) 360 sq foot room - very nice and large and now has mini real cold refrigerators to use

3) Picabu's is in the Dolphin and open 24 hours by 7 days a week for refillable mugs, snacks, food and some personal items if needed.

4) laundry is located in the Dolphin, as is the fitness center and game room

5) from the S/D you walk to EPCOT :thumbsup2 take a boat to DHS (and EPCOT) :cool1: and walk over to the Boardwalk for activities and places to eat :goodvibes

6) there are always taxi's in front of the Dolphin to take you anywhere in a hurry (for a fee)

7) the staff has always been great for us - just call the front desk politely with any concerns, and you will be helped

8) you get 2 over sized heavenly beds and a cot will easiily fit between the bed and the window (or sliding glass doors, if you have a balcony)

9) join Starwood and earn points by staying at the S/D and also get a free upgrade if available (www.starwood.com)

10) our last reason - we love :lovestruc staying at the Dolphin

Rooms are slightly larger at the Dolphin.
Rooms are slightly cheaper at the Dolphin.
The Dolphin has more convention guests.
I have found the customer service and staff better at the Dolphin.
If you are an SPG member they have a lot more rooms and you are more likely to get an upgrade.

Don’t forget the AAA discount as well as hotel offers on the Starwood website.

I prefer the Swan for the queen beds and it's a bit quieter. It may be luck, but our rooms at the Swan have been cleaner as well.

I do laundry while there, so yes, the Dolphin is more convenient than bringing the laundry over there - I put it all in our rolling suitcase and walk it over if I'm at the Swan.

Either way, I really LOVE the location! And the rates are a fraction of the Boardwalk and the Y&B Club resorts.

Swan is nice because of the smaller size scale. If you request a room near center, you will be out the elevators and across to the 24/7 food or the laundry area in less time than if you were at the far end of a Dolphin hallway.

However, either is an awesome choice and you will not regret choosing either location.

If you are not a qualifying discount member of any of the others, sign up for their monthly recipe club as I believe you can receive a discount by being an e-mail member of that also. We have only stayed at other resorts due to extenuating circumstances the last few trips (2 trip wins, and an awesome rate special for a mod). Otherwise, we would never hesitate to go back to either S/D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter