SW from MHT

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
Hi All!

I would love to hear about any experiences with Southwest out of Manchester, NH! I am seriously considering this airline for our next trip. We usually fly Delta, but the direct flights with our 3 year old will be a huge bonus.

Please let me know your thoughts!

i'm going to try this for the first time in nov with my 2 kids. we normally take delta out of hartford so i am curious to know what it is like.
i know the airport is small, which i like. parking at the airport doesn't break the bank. but i've never flown sw so i don't know what boarding is like.
anyone been there, done that, yet?

I have not flown out of NH, but have from Providence and Hartford on SWA. The boarding is easy, go to the website and it will explain the procedure.
One of the more popular posters here flies to NH from MCO and loves it on SWA.
http://www.southwestair.com/travel_center/checkin.html
If you have children 4 and under they generally will allow you to preboard, if not, best advice, get there early and get an A or B boarding pass.

MHT is a great airport; I fly out of it several times per month (I live in Londonderry, BTW). SW is very organized in MHT, much better than at BWI or MDW. They have the first check-in positions when you come in thru the main door, and have installed a number of check-in kiosks which speed everything up. MHT is so easy to navigate that you can get to your flight 60-90 mins in advance and still have time to spare. In addition, since all of SW's flts start from there, you do not have to worry as much about getting seats together since there will be nobody on the plane when you board. (Same in MCO I would think...) I am not the hugest SW fan if there are connections involved, but if the flight is non-stop, I would not hesitate.

Southwest is the only airline I fly these days (I feel safer on an airline that is not about to go belly-up:rolleyes: ). And MHT is my airport (Concord-boy here).

MHT is so easy to get around and get to. Driving into Boston gives me hives just thinking about it. I've always had great service on Southwest in general, but at Manchester they are the best!!! Never any hassles or long waits. And how can you beat three non-stops down and back everyday!!;)

They have a great new parking garage that is within walking distance to the terminal or 'budget' parking in satellite areas. Last time I parked there it was $12/day (garage) and $6/$7/day (satellite) and the shuttles from budget parking run very frequently. BUt, the nice thing about MHT is its very easy for someone to drop you off without them feeling like they have to run the gauntlet like at Logan.

Thinking about this is getting me all exited for my next trip MHT-MCO 140 days!!!:bounce:

Just so you know, the cost of the parking garage is now $14 per day. But there is satellite parking for quite a bit less, and if you're coming in from far away, there are a bunch of hotels now that offer stay/park/fly options.

Disneydreamer, We've flown SW 3x with our kids and loved the experience. We've flown twice to Arizona and last year to Disney and they were great each time. We are also flying SW to Disney this Sept.

You will be able to pre-board b/c of your 3 yr old which allows you to pick essentially whichever seat. We usually head to the back rows b/c my kids love to "check-out" the facilities throughout the flight and it makes our trek back and forth very short. The attendants are great with the kids getting them blankets and pillows (I only wish they slept!!). The attendants are also very attentive to the kids, getting them more to drink or extra peanuts!!

I highly recomment SW out of MHT.

Mcnuss, would you happen to know the hotels that offer that option? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Our son now lives in Boston and he usually drives to Providence. For our Oct. trip he thought he would try MHT. Thanks.

I know that the Highlander offers it for sure, and I've heard that the new Fairfield Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels were planning to.

From Boston, the ride is just 45 minutes, so unless the flight is at the crack of dawn, there may be no need for this.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter