• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SW Credit Extension-NO LUCK!

KMLOVESWDW

DIS VETERAN
My credit with SW runs out next Sun. Called twice to get two different operators :) & the info only got worse. I didn't know that TRAVEL had to be completed by the date listed. I thought I could use the funds to at least book future travel. Both operators gave me the address to write to SW to ask for an extension at $50...per ticket! So now my $135 is looking like maybe $35 if they even gave it to me. Not happy about this at all. I have an uncoming trip in May but can't seem to get anywhere. Any advice??:headache:

Are both tickets on the same number? If so, I thought it was $50 for each reservation number (all that is on it).
Travel has always had to be completed by the expiration date..sorry :(

Yes, they do charge $50 per ticket to extend credits. What many others have suggested, and I've never tried it myself so I don't know for certain that it works, is to use your credits to buy a 1 way flight for 1 person. Try to find a flight that closely matches the amount of your credit. It converts multiple tickets down to 1 ticket. At least you'll have $85.00 credit.

Please post if you're successful with this. I posted a new thread several months ago asking if anyone has had success with this and no one replied. People often say to do it but I don't know that it truly works. Either way you have nothing to lose, unless you would sell your credits otherwise. (I would only sell to friends or family members.)

good luck!!!!

Yes, they do charge $50 per ticket to extend credits. What many others have suggested, and I've never tried it myself so I don't know for certain that it works, is to use your credits to buy a 1 way flight for 1 person. Try to find a flight that closely matches the amount of your credit. It converts multiple tickets down to 1 ticket. At least you'll have $85.00 credit.

Please post if you're successful with this. I posted a new thread several months ago asking if anyone has had success with this and no one replied. People often say to do it but I don't know that it truly works. Either way you have nothing to lose, unless you would sell your credits otherwise. (I would only sell to friends or family members.)

good luck!!!!

I did what someone on here mentioned to get multiple conf # into one by booking a flight with two TTF continuing until all 6 confirmations were one. It did take quite a long time to get the flights as close as possible to the amount on the old TTF. But if I do eventually have to extend I wont be losing so much money as I had over $450 in TTF now down to one confirmation vs 6 (just used some to purchase a later flight out of MCO was not looking forward to getting up to make a 7:20am flight out of MCO-- 10:30 flight looked more appealing) Hope this helps

But if I do eventually have to extend

So you haven't actually extended it yet? Just wondering cuz people always suggest doing this but no one ever says if SWA goes along with it. I'm sure they can tell if you originally had 6 tickets.

Have you ever successfully done this in the past?

I am goad I read this. I also thought that the credit had to be booked by the expiration date. I have $68 credit that expired on 3/2 that I thought could be used for my 4/16 flight.
Guess I had better plan a trip for next month...

So you haven't actually extended it yet? Just wondering cuz people always suggest doing this but no one ever says if SWA goes along with it. I'm sure they can tell if you originally had 6 tickets.

Have you ever successfully done this in the past?

What do you mean by "if SW goes along with it". They have not expired yet as they do not expire until 8/09 so no I have not extended them. I have used some of the funds from the one that was combined already. I am sure that someone on this board will answer your question.

i feel your pain...i had an $118 credit (don't ask I screwed up) anyway there was NO WAY I was going to give sw that money back so I did the next best thing.....guess who's go'n to disney world :cool1: me and my ds for 2 nights got a code for pop century (going on the cheap here) and am paying $69 per night and we'll be using our annual passes.

I was lucky. We had our two tickets under one number and I only had to pay $50. Do be careful when combining, because the credit takes on the earliest expiry date when you get new airfare. If you combine credit that is due to expire in October, with credit that is due to expire in June, they will both expire in June, if you cancel your air.

I was lucky. We had our two tickets under one number and I only had to pay $50. Do be careful when combining, because the credit takes on the earliest expiry date when you get new airfare. If you combine credit that is due to expire in October, with credit that is due to expire in June, they will both expire in June, if you cancel your air.

Yup, that's the part I didn't get. I had like $20 from Jan 08 & then about $100 from Sept. I didn't know it would lumped together to expire in Jan 09. Clearly it is my fault for not understanding the rules, but it bugs me to lose that money. I'm going to write a letter to the refund department as two different people at SW told me to do. Guess that's it & I guess I'll wait a little longer to book a flight next time.

What do you mean by "if SW goes along with it".

Here is what I mean. People keep saying you can avoid the $50 per ticket extension fee by combining multiple credits into 1 conf. # and then call to extend. Yet when I ask if anyone really did pay only $50, no one ever says, "Yes, I've done it and really only paid $50 to extend after combining 6 ressies down to 1." So to me, it's all talk. A theory not yet proven.

I know SWA can trace any ressie # back to what these credits used to be for and just wondering if they trace it back to the original ressie with 6 tickets and tell the caller, it's still $50 per ticket.

I've extended credits many times before the fee went into effect and I know how to combine them. I just would like to hear a definite yes from someone who successfully combined multiple tickets down to one and truly paid $50 to extend.

So has anyone done this?

I realized that my credit is under one confirmation number so that's one ressie & I guess $50, not the $100 I thought. I'm just going to write the letter asking for the extension & that's that. Sorry I can't answer pp question. Funny, I've read many threads that people just called up & got their credit extended with no problems?? Maybe they changed their policy. I couldn't get anywhere over the phone except an address to write to!

SW changed their policy of extending credits for no charge a year or so ago. Considering they are one of the few (if not only) airline that allows you to change a ticket without charge, I think it is a fair price to pay, IMHO.

I extended last year after combining several tickets to one. I didn't do it intentionally (that is, I didn't rebook with the sole purpose of combining them), but what was originally two or three vouchers was booked and then rebooked (due to price change) into one voucher which, when it expired, I had to pay $50 to extend.

Still worth saving the money though! Just be careful - even with the extension, you only get an extra 6 months to TRAVEL (not book), so be prepared to take a trip.

(Or so was the rule when I did it last year...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter