Survivor 46

In my mind, Charlie and Maria are the most deserving followed by Kenzie. The others have done nothing really. I think Maria and Charlie are pretty equal and both knew they would have to get rid of the other at some point. Charlie gets the edge right now for saving himself he needed to. Kenzie has been good but just got caught on the wrong side a couple of times.

I'm hoping for Charlie.....and want Liz out weeks ago.
For some reason Maria has just always rubbed me the wrong way. She has played a good game though.
Kenzie has grown on me, so she is my second choice.
Ben and Liz have really done nothing....well, Liz has whined a lot

I know that contestants always get emotional with the letters from home, and I'm a mom so I get it, but Maria's emotional meltdown over not getting picked for the reward came off to me no different than Liz's tirade over the Applebees reward.
You're on Survivor, put on your big girl panties, everybody wanted their letters. You aren't special because you're a "mama bear". She's on the bottom of my list right now.

I know that contestants always get emotional with the letters from home, and I'm a mom so I get it, but Maria's emotional meltdown over not getting picked for the reward came off to me no different than Liz's tirade over the Applebees reward.
You're on Survivor, put on your big girl panties, everybody wanted their letters. You aren't special because you're a "mama bear". She's on the bottom of my list right now.
Yes so much to all this.

I was trying to pay attention to how much of Maria's drama was to make it appear that Charlie and she weren't working together. In the confessional, she revealed that they agreed they wouldn't take each other. One on one with Charlie, she said she knew why he didn't take her. Was it an act to rile up Q and Ben to vote out Charlie?

During tribal, Kenzie mentioned an alliance with Ben. It didn't appear to be a surprise to anyone. We don't see them sharing strategy or voting together. Maybe she was referring to their friendship but called it an alliance. Or maybe we will see them working together this week.

Ok, so the finale is coming up this week.
I just don’t want Maria or Liz to win.
I’d be fine with a Kenzie, Charlie or Ben win.
Normally I have so much respect for a player like Maria that is smart, winning, strong and coordinating so much BUT there is something about her that just bothers me. I get the whole game thing, lying, manipulating but something about her manipulation of Charlie and others makes me kinda feel like she's a Disney villain kind of player, using her Mom skills to weave her web. I don't know just something about her, just wants her gone soon. Liz .... don't trust her at all, not her stories, her drama or her all over the place emotions.

1716250625302.png

Kenzie I wanted out week one, drove me crazy, how do they put up with her? And she has really grown in the game, playing well and I'd be okay if she wins. Ben, felt like he was going to be voted out many weeks, his struggle with the mental part yet he stayed in play, good for him. I feel like he worked with who he needed at the time and perhaps sees an overview of the game that he isn't letting on. Charlie, great player, seems like a great person but is his trust of Maria going to be his downfall?

Maria is a hypocrite. Not saying that like it's the worst thing ever but she is.

She got on Venus when Venus called her out about who she was taking to the reward challenge and I agreed with Venus there. Liz is annoying with her allergies but if you are going to state about taking someone weak who hasn't eaten or whatever she said she took the wrong people. Maria for the prior episode's reward challenge should have kept that qualifying statement out of it. Then she doubled down with it when they got back from Tribal with Venus going out about how she was sooooo hurt about what Venus said 🙄

Then in this episode she sobs like crazy when she's not picked for a reward even if she says she understands Charlie's decision she wanted it. Well what the heck do you think Liz and Venus wanted for that prior reward with food? Of course they wanted it.

So with that flip flop I saw Maria as a person who thinks she's more benevolent than she really is.

Charlie, great player, seems like a great person but is his trust of Maria going to be his downfall?
I thought it was interesting watching the episode seeing how both Maria and Charlie were confident that each other would not possibly vote for the other meanwhile the entire episode both spent time trying to get others to vote the other out.

I think they do have a strong alliance but I think Maria maybe has played up her loyalty to Charlie using her "mom" vibe compared to Charlie who played up his loyalty to Maria in a more game-player way less relying on who he is and more expressing it as strategy so I see them differently because of that. Both are trying to vote out the other but Maria, if she successfully voted Charlie off, would come off more as a not nice move.

So is this 4 players who have gone out with idols this season??

Venus played good after being a so so player in my book but why did she have to then get all smug to where she tipped off Charlie to something. Girl had just gotten the idol and it was like she couldn't hold it in. She didn't outright tell Charlie she had one but she made it clear she had gotten something but didn't understand how that would come off along with saying "after, after I'll tell you"....that's not going to make someone confident in an alliance in you.

Then Q I loved his face when he saw his name twice at tribal, maybe he was playing that reaction up but if he wasn't it was humble pie served to him. He's known that people have wanted him out so when he finally got an idol he should have just played it. It seemed like he thought because each vote where he didn't have immunity he wasn't picked meant he up for a smooth sailing. It does mean Maria should now be aware of what Liz and Kenzie gameplay more lies with since they had that talk to pick Charlie.

4 in a row, but 5 total
That's gotta be a record right for one season? :rotfl: yowza

Maybe Jeff should review the idol and its place in the game. If it's not being seen anymore as such a coveted thing, something that can be used then it may have basically run its course. I miss when the idol was the thing to get, the thing that could save someone from the brink of going home. Once advantages started coming around it lessened this and clearly this season it's not even being used.

That's gotta be a record right for one season? :rotfl: yowza

Maybe Jeff should review the idol and its place in the game. If it's not being seen anymore as such a coveted thing, something that can be used then it may have basically run its course. I miss when the idol was the thing to get, the thing that could save someone from the brink of going home. Once advantages started coming around it lessened this and clearly this season it's not even being used.
Yes, I believe it is a record.

To your second point, I think part of the reason the idols aren't being used is because people truly believed they were safe. Maybe not all of them, but some of them. There's also the mentality of "I'm pretty sure I'm safe, so I'm going to save it for another time when I know I'm in trouble." I'm not saying that's the right approach (and obviously wasn't for those 5), but I do get some of their logic. I'm not sure that this is evidence the impact of idols has lessened, that remains to be seen. I don't think we've seen a ton of advantages being played, either. I think this is evidence of people misusing their idols.

Finale is tonight. Hope the winner will be very well liked and well deserving. Love Survivor only show I watch besides news and NFL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter