Surprising Kiddies for Christmas

flyingjay

Mouseketeer
My DD and DS are 6 and 4 and we are going to be taking them to DLR the first week of March. We are going to be telling them on Christmas morning.

Can anyone point me to other threads that give ideas for how to tell your kids? We want to make it special and give them something to look forward to.

Thanks for your help!

I know I've seen a couple threads in here about the big X-mas surprise.

I've finally decided what we're doing. :yay: My older two children (DS24 & DS18) know about the trip, but the younger two (DS12 & DD10) do not. I've been trying to decide how to do the reveal, and combining what I hope are really fun elements. I've decided I will start with a small gift under the tree for all 4 of them from us. Inside will be the start of the treasure hunt. I will print a picture and cut it into pieces, mixing the pieces between their boxes. They will have to put it all together like a puzzle to find where to go next. For the rest of the clues, I plan on using close up images where they have to guess what it is. I haven't decided how many, or what all of these will be yet. I'm going to try & attach something to the dog's collar to see if she'll tolerate it to be a clue. I'm also trying to figure a way to make the younger two clues without them knowing! Another idea is to freeze a clue in a block of ice that they will have to break to get out. Eventually, the hunt will lead back to the tree, where I will have a put large gift bag (while they were running around finding clues) with balloons and the 2017 WDW ornament I found at the Disney store, and possibly the magic bands. :mickeyjum

Pinterest has tons of ideas. For that age I like the idea of a scavenger hunt or the puzzle pieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter