• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprising 15 year old boy (young man?) on his birthday!

theresamom

Earning My Ears
I'm a single mom of a soon-to-be 15 year old son.

His birthday is in early May..and the great news is that I'm surprising him with a trip to Disney World for us at the end of May/beginning of June.

He has NO idea.

I don't want to wait until the very last minute because I want to give him something to look forward to for the end of the school year..plus, I'm sure he wants in on SOME of the planning.

So, can anyone think of a way of telling him on his birthday that he is going to Disney World?

He's seen a lot of "surprise" videos, so I'm going to have to be clever in order to surprise him. Also...he's 15... and a boy. That's another challenge.

Any ideas?

:) Could you send him a video on his phone or something?. Like a friend could take a video of you wishing him happy birthday...then send it to him at a weird time of day....like on the school bus or something. Or you could hold up signs that say We..are ..going..to..Disney...ohhh...and Happy Birthday.

Sometimes it is just fun to get great news out of the blue on a normal day during a normal activity. Like sending him the message at 10:26 or something.

I have a good friend who texted me today about her upcoming plans to go to Disney....she reads the boards....so I will be discreet and just say she has a package coming in the mail this week...today when we talked and texted I didin't say a word....just let the mailman do it.

Is Disney somewhere he'd want to go? As a former 15 year old boy, that would have been really REALLY far down the list for me at that age.

Is Disney somewhere he'd want to go? As a former 15 year old boy, that would have been really REALLY far down the list for me at that age.

He was quite disappointed when we had to cancel a Disney World trip earlier this year. He LOVES Disney. I guess all 15 year old boys aren't the same. But I know him well enough to know that he will be quite happy about this trip. But that is always something to consider.

Keep the ideas coming... I love them!

Cool, didn't mean to disrupt just wanted to make sure you knew where he stood on the topic, and it sounds like you do :)

I'm drawing a blank on the surprise though, but will get back to you if I think of anything.

My 20 year old DS loves WDW and did at 15 too! I would be sure to give him enough time not to make any summer plans during that time. I am assuming school will be out. Would not take a HS kid out, especially that close to the end of the year. Maybe get a Teens guild to WDW and wrap it up as a gift? I would not give the gift to him in front of his friends, I have a WDW loving boy too but he might get kidded by his friends about loving it.

Cool, didn't mean to disrupt just wanted to make sure you knew where he stood on the topic, and it sounds like you do :)

I'm drawing a blank on the surprise though, but will get back to you if I think of anything.

It's cool. Most 15 year old boys aren't fans of "Carousel of Progress", yet that's what I have. I'm not even kidding. LOL.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. You guys are sparking lots of thought!

If he's in school on his birthday, kidnap him from school and take him somewhere for lunch, where you can pop the surprise on him.

PHXscuba

What about a box on the table when he gets up in the morning, full of helium balloons? Tied to the string is a note, or the tickets, or something indicative of the trip. When he opens the top, the balloons will float up and the note will be about eye level.

I have a ds16 that is a huge Disney "kid". We go twice a year and he loves it as much now as when he was little.

How about giving him a new suitcase for his birthday and mentioning how great it will be for the upcoming trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter