Surprise Nachos at Pecos Bill's

You can go to just about any local bar and order a plate of nachos for about $12 and that will feed about 4, even if you say half that amount, you are still feeding 8 people for under $50. I have to assume the experience is really what you're paying for here.

Is this even real? Off to the restaurant board!
Would love to know where I can get a full meal for 4 adults off one $14 plate of nachos! Thar doesn't happen here, and I live in a low COl area.

There is definitely no place at Disney you can feed 8 adults for $50.

I also think it's priced high so that everyone does not order it. If it was $25, everyone would be doing it and it wouldn't be special. The point is to make it something that not everyone does, kind of a "special splurge" thing. The way the video describes it, all the staff get involved and it's kind of a big deal. Kind of a "once in a while" thing, not "oh man we have 45 orders of the special nachos to deliver." Then it would't be special.

I'd like to know how big those nachos really are and what's the proportion of toppings to chips? Some nachos have too many chips left underneath with no toppings.

Yeah, but I also think there are a lot of ppl. that don't consider Nacho's a meal. A lot of ppl. wouldn't want/eat all of the toppings that come on it either which I think makes a difference.
Some people be crazy too! ;)
Seriously though, nachos hit all major food groups (all be it a stretch), grains, proteins, dairy, veggies, it's got them all. What's not a meal about it? That's like saying pizza isn't a meal

Much cheaper for 8 people is to order the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. That'll feed 8 adults a healthy and nutritious meal on par with nachos.

As for the $90 cost, let's not forget that it'll cost you $20 for a Taco Burger and a coke at Pecos Bill's.

Actually, my daughter and I shared a plate of beef nachos just a few days ago and considering you get full reign of the fixin's bar, it was more than enough for the two of us. So, if you order 4 portions of nachos for 8 people at Pecos Bills the cost would be $48. Just saying.

Actually, my daughter and I shared a plate of beef nachos just a few days ago and considering you get full reign of the fixin's bar, it was more than enough for the two of us. So, if you order 4 portions of nachos for 8 people at Pecos Bills the cost would be $48. Just saying.
Luckily, those who want to do that can and those who want more can do these. See how simple Disney makes it to try and please everyone (key word being try because they never can. Please everyone that is)

Some people be crazy too! ;)
Seriously though, nachos hit all major food groups (all be it a stretch), grains, proteins, dairy, veggies, it's got them all. What's not a meal about it? That's like saying pizza isn't a meal
It's a Tex-Mex hamburger.

Luckily, those who want to do that can and those who want more can do these. See how simple Disney makes it to try and please everyone (key word being try because they never can. Please everyone that is)
I never said not to do it, I was just pointing out how one could do it much cheaper (ice cream or sharing nachos at Pecos Bills).

Oh, and our family did in fact one time have the Kitchen Sink as our dinner. It's Disney, do what you want.

Much cheaper for 8 people is to order the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. That'll feed 8 adults a healthy and nutritious meal on par with nachos.

As for the $90 cost, let's not forget that it'll cost you $20 for a Taco Burger and a coke at Pecos Bill's.

Apples to apples though, from the rumors I've read on here, you also have CMs waiting on you, as well as unlimited refills on drinks. AP brings the cost to sub-80s, so it's not outrageous to think it might be a decent deal for some people.

From the video I saw, I don't really know if it looks like this could feed 8 adults. But it's very possible that the fixings go deeper on the plate than I could tell.

Might be cute for a boy's birthday, rather than a custom cake.....not that it couldn't be for a girl too--just that there always seem to be more girl-oriented special things.

Would love to know where I can get a full meal for 4 adults off one $14 plate of nachos! Thar doesn't happen here, and I live in a low COl area.

There is definitely no place at Disney you can feed 8 adults for $50.

I'm just basing it the video and what looks like a big plate of nachos equivalent to about 4 appetizer servings of nachos at most bars/restaurants. So, not really an apples to apples comparison. If you're doing it as an actual meal replacement at Disney, then $12 a head or so is actually a pretty good value and not far off from the price of a QS meal. I still think this one falls into the "experience" category more so than a "meal" category and I can see the appeal. If I were travelling in a large group, I would consider it.

Ok, I watched a video of the Nacho thing, and I have changed my mind. I was an experience and I guess if you had 8 people it would be worth the price of a counter service meal even without the hats and certificates! I look like lots of fun.

I'm just basing it the video and what looks like a big plate of nachos equivalent to about 4 appetizer servings of nachos at most bars/restaurants. So, not really an apples to apples comparison. If you're doing it as an actual meal replacement at Disney, then $12 a head or so is actually a pretty good value and not far off from the price of a QS meal. I still think this one falls into the "experience" category more so than a "meal" category and I can see the appeal. If I were travelling in a large group, I would consider it.
The plate in the video looks like way more than 4 appetizer servings to me, and based on what we get here we typically pay about $10-12 for a plate that serves 2 as an app 1 as a meal, plus drinks so it seems like a good deal to me if you have enough people.

Well, how could I resist the mention of a video? I love youtube:-).
Anyway, that looks super fun and yummy!

You can go to just about any local bar and order a plate of nachos for about $12 and that will feed about 4, even if you say half that amount, you are still feeding 8 people for under $50. I have to assume the experience is really what you're paying for here.

Is this even real? Off to the restaurant board!

You really can't compare "any local bar" prices to Disney. Where can you feed 6-8 people (with soft drinks) AT DISNEY for $90.

Plus you get a guaranteed table at a counter service restaurant. There is value in that :)

And you are paying for the little ceremony, certificate, sheriff's stars. It doesn't seem THAT expensive (though I'd never do it.)

So this is not on the menu-it is just spread by "word of mouth"?

If so,that begs the question-how did the first Guest to order them know about the "Surprise Nachos"?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter