Support group for us no pin people!?

Well, we got an extra day and upgraded to club level for $500 more. We could have just added and extra day and break even but DH really wanted club level. (that includes lodging tickets and Plus dining plan)

Congrats!!! We upgraded to CL with our pin, too!!

This post is going to be way in the lower '40s down here :wave:

I never got a PIN (until very recently, received the coveted PIN in the mail). However, I got great deals (on the Poly and the new BLT) by booking through Small World Travel. I also had my agent book all my dining ressies (and she wasn't afraid to make recommendations on where to eat). I can't say enough good stuff about our experience with her!

I think using the agents is as good as getting a PIN.

i got it i got it!!!!!

finally after 2 months of trying. I caught a White Rabbit!

What I did was of course like all the above.
- created a new email with Yahoo
- created an account a Disneyworld.com and created 2 itineraries for different dates, one for needing accommodations and selected the resort I was interested in (I think this is key) and one that I was staying off-site.
- saved two packages.
- I also used my parent's computer that had never been used for Disney stuff before (I think this is key)
- I used an old address and misspelled my last name
- created an account with disneydestinations.com
- let it be

I created the account on Friday night.
received welcome email, create a video yesterday, then white rabiit in my spam folder today.

I am so happy... going to call this afternoon, I think we are going to add a day and upgrade to club level:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:goodvibes and :banana: all around! Congrats and enjoy.

Now we all have to hope they don't read this thread, or they'll change all the parameters in the selection criteria for next year... :laughing:

i got it i got it!!!!!

finally after 2 months of trying. I caught a White Rabbit!

What I did was of course like all the above.
- created a new email with Yahoo
- created an account a Disneyworld.com and created 2 itineraries for different dates, one for needing accommodations and selected the resort I was interested in (I think this is key) and one that I was staying off-site.
- saved two packages.
- I also used my parent's computer that had never been used for Disney stuff before (I think this is key)
- I used an old address and misspelled my last name
- created an account with disneydestinations.com
- let it be

I created the account on Friday night.
received welcome email, create a video yesterday, then white rabiit in my spam folder today.

I am so happy... going to call this afternoon, I think we are going to add a day and upgrade to club level:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
So happy for you!
Nothing like getting it on the 11th hour huh!
What with few weeks till you go! AHHHHHH!

But now you can :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
So exciting!

(( IS it time to change this thread from SUPPORT TO SURVIVORS!!! ))
:yay::yay::yay:
I should take a morning and update our list! I bet just about all of us have squeaked through by now!

Bump -- the Monster's on the loose again -- just got it again this evening. Hang in there, gang -- you could get it, too!

Bump -- the Monster's on the loose again -- just got it again this evening. Hang in there, gang -- you could get it, too!

Is it still for the same dates only? I am still pinless but that pin wouldn't help me anyway as it does not work with my dates.

Yep, DH got it yesterday (we already booked with Monster weeks ago), and so did my DBIL.

I should take a morning and update our list! I bet just about all of us have squeaked through by now!

not me :confused3 I am running out of hoping days. I gave up about a month ago, but I am still watching just in case. I can't change dates. Leave in 3 weeks. Really need the rabbit.

I can't be flexible either. Flights are already booked and vacation time is rather limited this year. I don't have a pin to be flexible with anyway though. I keep trying different things on the site and nothing! I have had 4 explore your resort emails and nothing else. :confused3 I think I should just give up.

I can't be flexible either. Flights are already booked and vacation time is rather limited this year. I don't have a pin to be flexible with anyway though. I keep trying different things on the site and nothing! I have had 4 explore your resort emails and nothing else. :confused3 I think I should just give up.

have you tried using a different computer and web hosting with a new account and address? Try using a relative or friends computer, that is what finally worked for me.

yes....Maybe I will get DH to try one more time but this time from his work computer. I am thinking maybe to wait a few weeks though. I am going Oct15-26 so I would prefer to have a pin that is a bit more useful than the monster pin. I would REALLY like a FD one...if they are still around that is.

not me :confused3 I am running out of hoping days. I gave up about a month ago, but I am still watching just in case. I can't change dates. Leave in 3 weeks. Really need the rabbit.

And try changing the spelling of your last name (for instance... change Smith to Smythe, or Donaldson to Donaldsen), and then change your address (try using a different state and zip).

If you get a PIN, you can always go in and change all that info in your profile back to your real name and address before calling to book your PIN since it's basically attached to the email on the account.

Worked for me (but you didn't hear it from me) ;) :)

come on...honestly... we (the un-pin ones) should not have to be unreal to get a pin..to do things that are dishonest...we should get pins based on other things, like... for ex.. # of visits to parks, etc..number of months between visits...

If my DH gets a PIN, can I call to make reservation? (actually I am the one to create extra account and he doesn't know how to call/what to say).

come on...honestly... we (the un-pin ones) should not have to be unreal to get a pin..to do things that are dishonest...we should get pins based on other things, like... for ex.. # of visits to parks, etc..number of months between visits...

HAH! You would think wouldn't you. But I have found the exact oppostie to be true.

I think I've mentioned several times that DH and I have visited WDW over 11 times now. With the exception of one time (where we managed to get an AP discount) we have paid the full amount on our resort room. We always stay on property and we spend a LOT of time and money there as well. The majority of our stays have been 14 to 15 days (and 3 weeks on one occassion). When we call Disney for reservations, they greet us happily on the phone and say "Welcome back! This will be your 11th visit with us".
Yep... they definitely keep track. So if this is true, then wouldn't you think they would offer us loyal, repeat visitors a break now and then?

Well, in our experience, this has most certainly NOT been the case. We've never rated a PIN, a bounceback, a room upgrade, a snail mail discount... nada.

We buy AP's for goodness sakes, even though we're 7 hours away by plane, but we like to return throughout the year if possible and our length of stay each time makes the AP worthwhile.

My opinion on this (and I know there are those who may not agree), is that I think they know that once they've "got you" and you keep coming back for more, even at full price, they figure you're not worth throwing discounts at. Why bother when they know you'll return, even at full price and help balance out all of those receiving PIN codes and discounts.

Loyalty isn't rewarded, plain and simple.

QUOTE=tinkerb;37166186]come on...honestly... we (the un-pin ones) should not have to be unreal to get a pin..to do things that are dishonest...we should get pins based on other things, like... for ex.. # of visits to parks, etc..number of months between visits...[/QUOTE]

popcorn::

But I LIKE ordering the planning DVD every other month...! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter