Sunshine Flyer Experiences

It is not just families with young children. I book Mears all the time. Rideshares are too expensive for one person when I can go on the bus for half price, and it isn't a great deal more convenient.
As a solo traveler I'm with you MakiraMarlena! Both current bus options are cheaper than rideshare for one person.

I have Flyer booked 3 weeks from now. I am worried about finding it? I keep reading there are no signs, but it is at "opposite end from Mears". I never used ME, I always rented a car. Once I get my luggage, where do I go? (on Jet Blue, I am pretty sure we arrive on A but the busses are on B). Right now, I just know to look for signs for B, then see the Mears signs and go the other way?

Thanks for any help. I have a special needs adult son, a WC and luggage. We can manage but avoiding any unnecessary steps would be helpful (I make him walk, pile some stuff on the WC, but he wanders so it's challenging).

I have a family of four adults going in a few months, it looks like this will probably be cheaper than a rideshare? We normally did DME; as long as this isn’t more kid oriented than DME it should work fine for us…

I have Flyer booked 3 weeks from now. I am worried about finding it? I keep reading there are no signs, but it is at "opposite end from Mears". I never used ME, I always rented a car. Once I get my luggage, where do I go? (on Jet Blue, I am pretty sure we arrive on A but the busses are on B). Right now, I just know to look for signs for B, then see the Mears signs and go the other way?

Thanks for any help. I have a special needs adult son, a WC and luggage. We can manage but avoiding any unnecessary steps would be helpful (I make him walk, pile some stuff on the WC, but he wanders so it's challenging).
I would recommend asking once you get to Terminal B, Level 1. The challenge is we cannot say go left or right because if you use the escalator you’ll go one direction snd the elevator, the opposite direction.

Since you will have a WC and using the elevator, I believe you’ll turn right on Level 1 when you exit the elevator but I would recommend asking once you’re there.
I have a family of four adults going in a few months, it looks like this will probably be cheaper than a rideshare? We normally did DME; as long as this isn’t more kid oriented than DME it should work fine for us…
It’s themed but will be great for adults only too.

I'm flying JetBlue in May so I've gone through it already too. You'll go to the 2nd or ground floor of A to get your bags, then head back up to the 3rd floor and make your way across the airport to the B side.

Then, if you come out of the elevator on the ground floor in Terminal B, you should go to the right.

If you take the escalators it's to the left.

I have read through these posts but still have a question . Probably answered but cant see it. Does anyone know how many stops are there with the SF ? We are a family of 8 staying at BWV in July. Thanks

I have read through these posts but still have a question . Probably answered but cant see it. Does anyone know how many stops are there with the SF ? We are a family of 8 staying at BWV in July. Thanks
There does not seem to be a set number/pattern with either SF or Mears. As they are smaller companies with far fewer guests than DME serviced, their routes seem to be determined more by demand. When we rode in early Feb SF picked up at one other resort but others have stopped at more.

I know this is the Sunshine Flyer thread, but wanted to share our Uber/Lyft experience since we were back and forth about using them vs a bus. We paid about $55 each way including tip (Lyft from MCO-> POP, Uber POP->MCO). This was arriving 1:45pm on a Friday, returing at 7:30am on a Sunday. We waited 7 minutes at MCO for our Lyft driver. Our Sunday morning Uber driver was exactly on time, actually 5 minutes early. We left POP at 7:25am for a 9:30am flight (I scheduled it via Uber app on Saturday afternoon while sitting at the pool). It was nice not to head out 3 hours early!

The prices I listed were for the "next" step up from Basic Lyft/Ubers, so we paid a few bucks more. Cars were nice, roomy SUVs, and drivers were great/quiet. We don't necessarily love Uber/Lyft, but this was perfect and saved us a lot of time for a very short trip.

Hopefully not breaking any rules, just wanted to share because we were making same decisions about transport as it was our first trip post-DME.

I am debating that as well. We will be taking a double stroller and 2 large bags. if I order a Uber XL, do I get an SUV or VAn guaranteed? because only those would fit our stuff

I am debating that as well. We will be taking a double stroller and 2 large bags. if I order a Uber XL, do I get an SUV or VAn guaranteed? because only those would fit our stuff
An XL will be an SUV or a minivan with a third row, but that doesn't guarantee that there will be much luggage space. I would either go with one of the bus companies or a private transfer.

There does not seem to be a set number/pattern with either SF or Mears. As they are smaller companies with far fewer guests than DME serviced, their routes seem to be determined more by demand. When we rode in early Feb SF picked up at one other resort but others have stopped at more.
Anyone tried the galaxy shuttle service ?

I just found it whilst looking for airport transfers A shuttle which can carry 14 passengers plus luggage. But 1/3 of the cost of SF. Haven't booked . Reviews are good but I like to still check around

I just found it whilst looking for airport transfers A shuttle which can carry 14 passengers plus luggage. But 1/3 of the cost of SF. Haven't booked . Reviews are good but I like to still check around
I would recommend doing a search on the main transportation board as there may be reports there. If not, you could create a post there rather than a question in the thread dedicated to SF. You’d get more eyes on your question.

I am crossing my fingers on Sunshine or Mears to have luggage pick up. THAT is really what I am looking for. I am glad to read that people are having positive reviews with Sunshine.

It is not just families with young children. I book Mears all the time. Rideshares are too expensive for one person when I can go on the bus for half price, and it isn't a great deal more convenient. However, they did lose my suitcase last time.

How did Mears lose your suitcase? Was this recent?

When do they pick you up at the resort relative to the timeframe you enter on the order form? Our (domestic) flight leaves MCO at 1:55 PM, and I don't want to get picked up 4 hours prior because I selected the 1:00-2:00 timeframe, and they are figuring 3 hours prior to 1:00.

When do they pick you up at the resort relative to the timeframe you enter on the order form? Our (domestic) flight leaves MCO at 1:55 PM, and I don't want to get picked up 4 hours prior because I selected the 1:00-2:00 timeframe, and they are figuring 3 hours prior to 1:00.
We were picked up 3 hrs and 15 mins before our domestic flight. Very close to the same as DME was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter