Sunglasses that stay on rollercoasters?

Verytallallguy

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I have just has cataract surgery on Monday & my Consultant says I need to wear sunglasses on coasters.
Can anyone suggest which 'shades' do not fall off when on coasters with inversions?
They need to be RnR & Hulk proof!!

There are only five roller coasters in Walt Disney World, and three of them are mainly in the dark. So, with the exception of Big Thunder in the MK, this is pretty much of a non problem.

Enjoy.

I have a pair of Hobbie that work really well, they are ment to be worn while surfing and they stay on in the wave pool at Typhoon lagoon pretty well... so I figure a roller coaster would be no problem. I have some Revo for skiing that stay on well.

Ya might wanna stop at the sunglasses hut in a mall near you and ask what will stay on well. Keep in mind that sunglasses that fit well and stay on your head are not going to be cheap like at walmart.

You might want to go to an optometrists and ask if they have any sports straps. They are elastic straps that go around glasses that keep them secure to the head while playing sport (going on rollercoasters) etc. That should help.
Also the sunglasses might not just be for sun protection, if you have only recently has cataract surgery it could be to stop pressure on the eye, also if any foreign objects fly in there might me more cause for infection, so you might want to clarrify with your doctor.

My husband is an optometrist & he brought home Croakie straps for us before our last WDW trip. They are one brand of the elastic nylon sports strap the pp mentioned. We used them on coasters and while jet skiing at Castaway Cay & never had a problem. Plus, if you take your sunglasses off, they can just hang around your neck & you won't lose them!

One thought is to look at sunglasses made specifically for motorcycle riding. I have a pair of sunglass style "goggles" that look like sunglasses that I wear when I'm on my Harley. They have a strap that allows me to cinch them on my head so they don't fall off. They also have the added bonus of having a removable foam insert that seals around your eyes to keep the wind out of them AND the option to swap out the tinted lenses for clear ones.

Sunglasses that stay on rollercoasters

...and whiskers on kittens.

These are a FEW of my favorite THINGS!

julie-andrews.jpg

"Sunglasses that stay on rollercoasters" ......................... I didn't know rollercoasters wore sunglasses.......Just kidding:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

the crokies will work just fine. they're sold in WDW wherever sunglasses are sold. check the resort gift shop.

Just to be on the safe side, I would get Croakers or one of the other straps that hold sunglasses in place. They work well and are comfortable - I've used them on most of the water slides at BB to protect my contacts and haven't had any problems with them slipping, etc. Also not expensive.....

I wear prescription glasses/sunglasses and the only one I remember that made me grab my glasses in the middle of the ride was RnR. I don't remember if ToT gave me any problems but SM, BTMR, EE, SM, TT, or any of the rides you would think would make'm fly.

oh and uhh...GO PATS

prescription glasses are usually much better fitted than off the rack sunglasses.. in most cases, glasses won't be a problem... but sunglasses can be.

On our last trip, I rode BTMRR 5 times and my regular glasses never left my face while on the ride. RnRC is the only one that I know of that does inversions and my husband hasn't lost his glasses on it either.

Good Luck.

Suzanne princess:

You could get glasses that have earpieces that loop around the ear some and hold on snug, no straps needed then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter