• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sundown Mingle

stormer

DIS Veteran
We are heading down to Disney in two weeks. I just got an email invitation to the Sundown Mingle at Akl on Mondays and Wednesdays. Has anyone ever gone? Just curious if it is worth it.

The invitation says it is for DVC members and it is sponsored by DVC - not sure why this was moved?

This is for not only for DVC Members but for people who are thinking about buying into DVC. They get a whole bunch of Members and non-Members together and have everyone mingle, talk, and eat and drink food they have provided (which was pretty good when I went). You play some fun icebreaker games to get to know everyone and it's basically opportunities to talk to real DVC Members about the details of DVC.

Sorry. I didn't realize this was a DVC event. I will try to get it moved back.

This is for not only for DVC Members but for people who are thinking about buying into DVC. They get a whole bunch of Members and non-Members together and have everyone mingle, talk, and eat and drink food they have provided (which was pretty good when I went). You play some fun icebreaker games to get to know everyone and it's basically opportunities to talk to real DVC Members about the details of DVC.

This sounds interesting. I wonder how they decide who to invite.

It says it is held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-6 PM at Jambo House. The invitation says to sign up at the DVC desk at the resort. I think we are going to try it.

I'd love to go also. Hummm...wonder if you need the "invite" or if you can just sign up. ;)

Here now. You don't need the invite. i got one via e-mail also but couldn't find it today to see the details about signing up. DH found it listed on the resort activities pamphlet they give you at check-in.

We are going to sign up for Wednesday.

Hi.... seems like they have been kind enough to provide complementary Simba's clubhouse during the mingle for registered guests. You have to pikc the kids up right after the event or they will charge the room.
Personally, I think it is AWESOME that DVC is offering an opportunity like this for Members and that they worked with the recreation folks to provide child supervision at Simba's.
Good job DVC!!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

So we signed up and attended today. We signed up last minute, about 1 1/2 hours before the start. We were told we got the last members spot. The guide that signed us up gave us each a tan baseball cap. He said they were special for this event only. They are cute, tan with a brown brim. A giraffe is embroidered on the brim and the hat says Disney vacation Club. The back is embroidered with Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upon arrival we were given bracelets allowing us access to the covered patio. Inside they had hot and cold hors d'oeuvres - bread, mango chutney, red beet hummus, another sauce i can't remember what kind, grilled or fresh veggies, chicken or vegetable potstickers and spicy crabcakes. There were 4 different non-alcoholic beverages (self serve) and an alcoholic fruit punch that was available. It was very low-key. There were 2 mingles going on at the same time, one on each covered patio. Our guide tried to start a game but our group was very hesitant and he didn't try again. The other mingle sounded a little more rowdie. At the end of the hour a raffle was drawn for a $100 Disney Gift Card.

It was very low-key. No sales pitch at all. The food was good. As we left we noticed a group of about 15 kids in the lobby with some CMs. They were all playing instruments. I assume that was the activity set up for children although about 8 kids were in our mingle group.

Also, when we signed up the guide told us "this event was created to help bring the magic back into DVC".

Is this event still taking place? We are staying at the AKV in the spring.

I have a friend that just did this 2 days ago, so it still going on for sure:thumbsup2 They are DVC members but they arent staying there, their best friends, also DVC members who are w/them on this trip are staying there, and they signed up at the front desk 2 days before.

I'm hoping it continues, my fiance & I want to do this next month after the wine & cheese hour @ Jiko

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter