• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

YEA! :dance3: Summer's back! I hope you have a great time at the show and on your upcoming trip, however, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEXT INSTALLMENT! :surfweb: I have to get my Summer fix you see :goodvibes

Anna Marie

Oohh! Flashdance! I love Flashdance!!! Thanks for the well-wishes for a happy 5th...it was a quiet one too - I think we will celebrate in Dec. Hope you had fun and can't wait for the next installment. :goodvibes

Okay I swear I have a post almost ready and it's a doozie, even if I do say so myself:thumbsup2
I was hoping to post it within the next hour but my hubbie called and said he is on his way home now as he managed to get tickets to Flashdance at the theater!:banana: The show starts at 5pm and I am not even close to being ready, where is my red cinderella skirt?:eek:
So I have decided that I will promise to post my instalment tomorrow as we will likely go past his younger brothers house to discuss our upcoming trip to Alton Towers (Theme Park, for those that don't know) as him and his girlfriend are going with us! Might also play some Beijing Olympics on the PS3 too, well might as well while I'm there;)

See you all tomorrow!

Summer, glad to see you are still here :) We miss you when you get busy with life (so not fair). Hope you had a great time tonight. Can't wait to hear the next installment hopefully tomorrow!

29apr00 - As promised here is my post, I intended to write a bit more but I kinda like where it ends...

keenercam - The show was good...so I hear, we never made it to Flashdance as the bus was really late and we decided that we didn't want to go if we were late (we are the kind that hates going to the cinema if we had to walk in on the previews) So we headed down to Kentucky Fried Chicken, got some movies (The Pianist, LOVE this and Pan's Labyrinth, LOVE this too) and came home, cuddled up and watched our movies!

meryll - Can you tell me what Nemesis is like then? I haven't been on it before and his girlfriend wants to go on everything, including Oblivion, yup the vertical one and I'm a bit unsure! Please tell me I can do it!

DisneyLaura - No show for us, I am a tad disappointed but we had a good night all the same, we also played some console which is always good fun.

Anna Marie - Hopefully this Summer fix will fix you right up:cutie: I intend to write some more tomorrow so no fear, Summer is here but I might make you wait just a little bit longer...:rotfl2:

MUDisneyCouple - I read some reviews of Flashdance after we didn't go and although I read it was good, the main start sings in the show...huh? since when was she a singer, it's called FlashDance not FlashSing! Why do they always mess with perfection?

Patricia - I know life can suck sometimes, why does it have to interfere with my Disney memories? I have loads still to write and I have to finish it eventually. I really miss being on these boards and I certainly miss being up to date with everyones weddings. 1 week, 1 day, wow that is so close, you must be on cloud 9:cloud9:

Okay girls here is the next instalment in my fantabulous Disney trip...

We rushed over to Indiana Jones, I didn't know what to expect really as although I researched everything to death before our trip to WDW, I didn't want to spoil everything so I tended to skip over detailed descriptions of shows or rides that I thought I would really love. So I was kinda a blank canvas on this one.

The sun was beating down and I was getting really hot. There is nothing I hate more than sitting in an outdoor area watching a show, I just hoped there were some fans!
I must admit that I was very disappointed that the same Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland was not in Florida. I LOVED this ride and I even managed to get Steven on it…twice! See I knew he would get on track rides, well he will if I bend the truth.:idea:

Anyway, we got straight through, no queuing, and was surprised to see that it was already quite full. We had arrived with over 20 minutes before the show was due to start and I figured as it was nearing lunch we might score and get some good seats. We ended up having to sit quite far back, to the right, and because I didn't take my glasses, my view was somewhat compromised!

So we sat and we waited and as I am not very patient (remember my hate of pre shows?) I started to get a bit grouchy! I was hot and bored and yes, we were at MGM, In Disney, what is there to complain about? Well lack of food in my tummy for one! Come on, come on, start already!:mad:

Eventually it started and we were treated with Indy dodging spikes, creeping past creepy things on the floor and of course almost being crushed by the huge boulder. What is that made of anyway? He was very good and I was reminded of the movie, which I remember loving as a kid.

Untitled-1-33.jpg

Untitled-2-25.jpg

After it was clear that Indy was indeed okay, it was audience participation time!!! Although I always have liked the idea of putting my hand up and taking part in the show, I always feel that I would miss out as I wouldn't get to see the show and that is probably the best part. So I didn't offer my services, no matter how good they would have been;) Steven has never wanted to volunteer for anything like this so I knew he would never offer, so we settled down and waited for people to be chosen.

As the background sets opened up to produce a market scene in Cairo, people started making their way up from the audience. It starts off with the extras either running from explosions or cheering from the sidelines as they watch the fight scenes.

Untitled-1-34.jpg

It then became quite obvious that not all the audience participants were just 'normal' people. One fight scene was way too good and way too coordinated and the guy was pretty funny too. I was glad when they revealed that he was not from the audience and was indeed a stunt man. I think if they tried to pull the wool over peoples eyes like that, it would have been quite cheesy in my opinion.

After the fight scenes the extras were asked to go back to their seats as the rest of the scene took place.

It looked like Indy was going to have to chase people down…of course!

Untitled-2-26.jpg

When I saw Indy's lady friend go to the top of the building, I mean first of all who in their right mind would do that, I mean she is being followed so the first place she goes is on top of a building? I just knew that Indy would follow:

Untitled-1-35.jpg

as did the guy following them…hmmm!:rolleyes1

Indy and girl of course fall, intentionally of course, to get away from their followers! Meanwhile a cool looking plane enters from the right:

Untitled-2-27.jpg

As Indy and girl try to escape in the plane, a huge guy comes out (there is always a huge guy, and this one didn't disappoint) he of course has the man power to stop the blades, thus this plane ain't going nowhere!

Untitled-3-18.jpg

The big guy jumps on top of the plane to drag Indy and girl out:

Untitled-4-27.jpg

They do of course manage to escape, not in the plane though as this is what gets left behind them:

Untitled-5-21.jpg

I swear the heat that comes off of that explosion is way hot! We were sitting quite far back too, I dread to think what it would have been like had we been sitting at the front!

I must admit that this bit for me was the most interesting to watch, I like a good chase or fight scene and peppered with an explosion makes it even better! Although I knew it was going to be a happy ending, as it always is for Indy, I still enjoyed the show and would highly recommend it to anyone at MGM.

By the time we exited the open theatre, we had killed a good hour. I decided it was enough talk and time for some action, let's head on down to the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!

As we hurried along we managed to stop and get a photo of these guys:

Untitled-6-16.jpg

I was getting very nervous as I knew I would be going on this ride myself. My main reason for going on it was that it was Aerosmith, I have always loved these guys and the idea of having Aerosmith songs blasting out from speakers in my car, well that sold me! This would be the fastest roller coaster I had ever dared to go on, I had decided that as I had done Tower of Terror I just had to do this.:eek:

Untitled-7-16.jpg

I had read quite a bit about this ride before coming to WDW, I had debated going on it as I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I even watched a video clip on You Tube to see what it would be like. I watched the intro video and everything so I thought I had it down…boy was I wrong!

Untitled-8-12.jpg

I didn't want to think about it anymore, I just wanted to get on it. I knew that as a single rider my wait would be much shorter, so I wouldn't really get the time to talk myself out of it, plus I wasn't going to wuss out, I was determined to do this!:scared1:

So I gave Steven my bag and entered the single rider queue, although wait a minute, there was no queue, there was just the very long walkway taking me up to the ride and I began to panic a bit. Still I pressed on, it was just a ride, it’s not like I was going to keel over or anything, I mean no one gets scared to death in real life do they? I assured myself that this only happened in the movies and there was no way it could be that bad. The only thing that concerned me was the acceleration, I had heard horror stories about the sheer force of the acceleration and this worried me on many levels.:scared:

Still I walked on, head high and mind blank! I would love to describe the kind of things that were visible on my walk up to what I had decided would either be the death of me or the most fantastic experience of my life, but I was in a world of my own. This happens a lot but I needed to escape my dark thoughts, or I knew I wouldn't be setting foot on that coaster. Have you ever scared yourself so much that you actually convince yourself that you must be nuts to go through with something? Well I was hovering on that oh so thin ledge, and one more nasty thought would have pushed me WAY over!:scared:

I watched the pre show and although I enjoyed it I didn't take much of it in, I laughed when I was supposed to but to be honest I wanted to get on the coaster so I could get off the coaster!:scared:

So I approached what was my queue and it didn't even deserve to be called that, it was like 5 people, oh god that means I was getting on really soon!:scared:

Single riders got called to the front of at least one row of cars, one single rider to every row; I guess this was so no family members could get on together.

I was now standing at the front of the queue and I watched with fear as I saw the limo launch, that's right LAUNCH. I knew it was 0-100 in 2.8 seconds but that doesn't mean much until you feel it, so I thought 'Cool'

It looked much faster than 2.8 seconds, I mean seriously a flash of lighting could be seen longer that that thing! If I was going to chicken out, now would be a good time…I said now would be a good time…

The stupid part of me said 'don't be stupid' and the smart part of me said 'don't be stupid'. I entered the limo…

Summer,
You and your flipping cliffhanger endings! :lmao: You've got me biting my nails and I have been on that ride a hundred times! It is my favorite ride at that park (because of Aerosmith of course...love them) and I don't ever miss it even when the line is an hour long, but here I am worried sick about it. Look what you do to me! :rotfl: I will be waiting (notice I didn't put patiently) for the next installment to take me off the pins and needles you have perched me on today. :surfweb:

Anna Marie

Summer, im so so glad that i came a cross your update, i was about to log off & then saw your name at the top of the page. I was like "oh my god Summers back":woohoo: .Your tr has been such an inspiration to me & helping me plan our wedding next May. We re counting down to our planning session in Oct so i have not been looking at the wedding section too much recently but am so glad i wondered back over here so i can finally read your new update.

Congrats for your first anniversary as a married couple :thumbsup2
Are you guys staying at one of the Alton Towers hotels?? We ve been there many times & have had a blast, one of the Hotels Splash Landings has a great indoor water park which you ll love. Have a great time when you go:goodvibes You ve gotta ride Air its fab plus of course Nemesis:woohoo: . Have nt ever gone on Oblivion though, i hate the feeling of being dropped. Went on TOT many years a go & never again :laughing:

Im surprised you can remember everything as well as you can, each update still has a ton of detail to it & we all still throughly enjoy reading them:thumbsup2. I had to laugh on your comments about the great movie ride lady, that she was boring but had nice makeup:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Thats exactly the kinda thing i would notice:goodvibes. Good makeup works wonders :cutie:

Take care hun, good to see you back on the boards;)

glad to read more of your trippie!! its making me more excited for our trip in november! how do you remember it still in so much detail!?!??!

:worship:

Please come back soon and let us know if you made it out alive!! :lmao:

Loving your report, and spent a LOT of my saturday catching up.

Can't wait for more!

Good luck on selling your house!

meryll - Can you tell me what Nemesis is like then? I haven't been on it before and his girlfriend wants to go on everything, including Oblivion, yup the vertical one and I'm a bit unsure! Please tell me I can do it!

Nemesis is a really great ride - my tip is to keep your head back against the back of your seat though, as if you look forward you get rattled around a little bit.
It is built into a valley, so it doesn't feel like you're going very high when you're on it, coz there's alwasy ground near you! So if heights worry you, you'll be fine on this.
Same with Air, never seems to go too high, and it's another fab ride!
Oblivion, on the other hand, (the vertical dropper), I have done a couple of times but wimped out on the last two trips, I have developed an irrational fear of it, so someone else will have to persuade you through that one I'm afraid!!

Summer,

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us hanging again!!!!! well we do know you survived your ride, but cannot wait to hear what you thought of it. That one makes my stomach very queasy! Love the way you right, I feel like I am right there watching the action. Keep at it.

And yes, in one week and one day we'll be renewing our vows onboard the Disney Wonder!!!! Praying all storms stay AWAY!

I agree that I never knew the star sung...hmm...maybe it's ok you missed this one :goodvibes

On our Honeymoon, we were selected as "stunt" participants in Indy. It was funny, but all I remember was them telling us to NOT stray from our leader and to stay out of the way! Sitting back and enjoying it seems to be a much better way!! Glad you are back with more of your TR :goodvibes

angel*lady - Wow, I hope you had a wonderful trip to China, did you enjoy the Olympics? I loved them, some of the best I've seen! I have to admit that I am a USA supporter and I was devestated when both the women and men dropped the baton in the heats for the relays. Athletics are my thing, but I watched the swimming for Michael Phelps who was fantastic.
I hope you get a trip to WDW to celebrate your graduation, you will be so happy to finally get your life back after all that studying! Glad to see you back too.

Hi Summer! I am back from Beijing!! WOW!!! The Olympics were incredible! It was beastly hot and I ended up in a Chinese hospital to get rehydrated but that was just a little bump in the road!

I was actually there at the Bird's Nest when the relay teams dropped their batons. :scared1: We couldn't believe it! It was bad enough when one team dropped it but when both dropped it we were dumbfounded. At least we were able to see USA take all three medals that night in the 400. :banana: Awesome! I also got to see Team USA play in the basketball semifinals and go to the closing ceremonies. It was crazy with stuff going on all over the field and in the air! You didn't know where to look first. It was so cool when the big double decker bus converted into a stage with Leona Lewis, Jimmy Page and David Beckham. :rockband: We were all so excited we want to go to London in 4 years! Who knows! I also got to climb the Great Wall, get some incredible deals on pearls and do some other sightseeing as well. Truly a trip of a lifetime!

I would have loved to have seen Michael Phelps swim in person but he was done before I got there. I watched his races obsessively here at home on TV! I did get to meet the two American guys who won the gold medal in beach volleyball. They were on my flight back to the States and I got to have my picture taken with them. What a great way to end my trip!

Well, I've got to go write a paper and I am struggling with jet lag! It's my last class before graduation! I'll be back soon to read your update!

Hugs!
:)

Summer - great installment and you left on a cliffhanger again :lmao: My DH went on Aerosmith a couple of years ago and he loved but the beginning was really fast but he loved it. Maybe after you described it I'll think about it.

THAT'S IT?!? You leave us hanging there????

This is the one ride I said I would go on with DH and am quite scared to do...please!!! Tell me more and ease my mind!!!! :eek:

Great update Summer - can't wait to hear more. Glad to hear you are workign away on your house - another step closer to your big move woop woop Kxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter