• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Discount for Disney+ Subscribers

Oh Man! I was so hoping I would try again this morning and this discount would show up again. Well here's hoping it's just a glitch and not that the promo is over. It is still listed as a promotion under the special offers, deals and discounts page.
1651670847732.png

totally random question..... we booked our Sept trip with the Disney+ discount , I've paid in full..... our Disney+ subscription is due to be up in May. Do I have to renew it in order to keep that discount? It worries me that if I don't renew, will Disney take the discount away ? ( our trip is paid in full....) If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it !! thank you !!
I was wondering the same. In particular, I was planning to cancel my Disney+ today, since the renewal date is tomorrow, and then get Disney+ again for the month of September when we will be staying at WDW. That way, if they have to verify my account, I will be a subscriber. But I am worried about the 4 months in between. Would they randomly start checking the reservations ahead of time and making sure that the owner of the reservation is still a subscriber?

Editing to say I'm probably just going to keep my account until September because it's not worth the mental energy for me to worry that they might cancel my reservation! And, obviously I saved a lot more that $45!

Last edited:

I was wondering the same. In particular, I was planning to cancel my Disney+ today, since the renewal date is tomorrow, and then get Disney+ again for the month of September when we will be staying at WDW. That way, if they have to verify my account, I will be a subscriber. But I am worried about the 4 months in between. Would they randomly start checking the reservations ahead of time and making sure that the owner of the reservation is still a subscriber?

Editing to say I'm probably just going to keep my account until September because it's not worth the mental energy for me to worry that they might cancel my reservation! And, obviously I saved a lot more that $45!
I read somewhere (maybe in T&C) that you have to be a current Disney+ subscriber when you stay. Now I have no idea how they would check that!

I read somewhere (maybe in T&C) that you have to be a current Disney+ subscriber when you stay. Now I have no idea how they would check that!
I saw that in this thread, and like I said, I'm just gonna keep my subscription, but in my scenario, I WAS a subscriber when I made the reservation, and I planned to be a subscriber when I actually checked in. I wasn't sure if I "had" to be a subscriber in the interim months. But better safe than sorry for such a relatively small amount! I was able to get Contemporary TPV, Yacht Club, and POFQ! Thank you to YOU, and all of the other DISers who so nicely answer questions for all who ask!

that's exactly what we said too..... as soon as our trip is over, I'll cancel disney+, but I don't want to risk losing the discount !

Can I ask someone a huge favor please? Can you please check to see if there is a discount for the Contemporary from 8/17-8/22? If there is, can you please post room type and price? I may have to sign up for Disney+ because no other discounts are showing up for my intended dates. TIA

Can I ask someone a huge favor please? Can you please check to see if there is a discount for the Contemporary from 8/17-8/22? If there is, can you please post room type and price? I may have to sign up for Disney+ because no other discounts are showing up for my intended dates. TIA

Attachments

• 05C54C52-DB12-4736-A968-2347E3A24D6C.png
    05C54C52-DB12-4736-A968-2347E3A24D6C.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 46
I can’t seem to edit my post above to add anything, but that’s the only room showing for your dates.

Could someone check for me the price of 2 nights at Allstars and pop from the 7th of August till the 9th please.

Last edited:
That’s Allstar Movies and Pop for your dates.

Attachments

• 197BB627-6175-4DA1-834C-F2D0FD0ED0FC.png
    197BB627-6175-4DA1-834C-F2D0FD0ED0FC.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 32
  • B51814C5-2E1C-4EB4-AE58-104C8CF687AB.png
    B51814C5-2E1C-4EB4-AE58-104C8CF687AB.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 24
Its a bit more than that. The total for 2 nights at allstar movies is $344, that is including $40 in tax.

Trying to login w/ DS's info but it is being snarky. I'm considering a solo trip in August; would get my own subscription if it is worth it.
Looking at ASMovies or possibly Pop Aug 15-19.
Could anyone see if there are discounts for those? (were running $140/$190/nt: ASM was $670 total)
Thx so much.

Trying to login w/ DS's info but it is being snarky. I'm considering a solo trip in August; would get my own subscription if it is worth it.
Looking at ASMovies or possibly Pop Aug 15-19.
Could anyone see if there are discounts for those? (were running $140/$190/nt: ASM was $670 total)
Thx so much.
There currently is availability at all of the resorts you mention. From $126 at AS Music & Sports, $147 for Movies, and $162 for Pop. Before tax. Depending on where you stay, the discount is about equal to the cost of your Disney+ subscription.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter