suites at old town??

jpryorx2

Earning My Ears
anyone ever stay at the suites at old town?? we are hoping for a december trip to Disney but are planning on buying 10 day hoppers with no experation so we can use them for 3 seperate trip to save on our cost, so we are looking for an inexpensive room off site. We planning on staying on site as the kids get older. so far the best place we have found not getting a condo is suites at old town, they have 2 bedrooms and kitchen area which is a must for us. so has anyone stay here???

Jenny ::MinnieMo
DH ::MickeyMo
DD 8 :tink:
DS 6 :sulley:
DD 2 :tigger:

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Do not stay there!

We used to stay at Suites at Old Town back when it was Days Suites. Our last stay was in 2005 and it was getting so run down. The toilets wouldn't flush, the beds had wallowed out holes in them, the wall paper was torn, the sheets were stained, there were bugs in the room......I could go on and on.

That is the same year that our room was broken into and lots of our personal items were stolen. The Sheriff's Department told us that the place was notorious for having their employees steal or help steal items from guests rooms.

In 2007, we went to Old Town just to look around and shop. Suites at Old Town is right next door. It looked even worse than our last stay there. There were, literally, bugs crawling on the pavements, the paint was peeling off the balcony railings, the shrubbery was dying, there wasn't even a real sign on the building anymore.... just some makeshift piece of board with Suites at Old Town painted on it.

If you don't want to take my word for it, head over to www.tripadvisor.com and search for the Suites at Old Town. I read one review recently and, guess what, over $3,000.00 of personal items were stolen by a hotel employee.

There are so many other great places to stay in Kissimmee. I would suggest you go to www.floridakiss.com. They have a list of great accommodations at very reasonable prices.

I just wanted to add that I am definitely not a hotel snob. If you see any of the other accommodations listed on the www.floridakiss.com website and wonder if they are any good, let me know which ones they are and I'll try to remember where they are on the West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (Hwy. 192) strip.

Some down towards the real town of Kissimmee are pretty far down on the four star list.

The end toward World Drive seemed to have better accommodations.

Like the previous poster, we used to stay there alot. Our last stay was 5/06. When we first started staying there in the late 80's, you couldn't beat it for the size of the room and proximity to the parks. In 2005, we were given two suites side by side and both were horrible. The rooms smelled awful, the kitchen cabinets were literally falling off the wall, everything was nasty. We immediately asked for a new room and were given 2 newly renovated rooms that were very nice. In 2006 we asked for the same room again and it was still nice.

It got to the point that I didn't feel comfortable walking around the grounds. There is absolutely no security to be found. We never had any trouble, it was just a feeling. We have since started staying in condos thru VRBO. We actually paid $200 less for our 2 bedroom condo last year than for the suite. (and the condo was immaculate).

If you do decide to stay there, we you make your reservation, I would ask when the latest renovations had been done and request one of those rooms. You will need to ask again at check-in. Also, trust me, don't unload your vehicle until you look at the room. I made that mistake and had to re-load and move to another building. :eek:

I have heard great things about Hawthorne Suites Lake buena vista, Hawthorne Suites Seaworld, Hawthorne Suites Universal.
I am booked at Best Western LBV for April but a friend of mine booked the Hawthorne Suites Seaworld for $89 per night and it is a suite w/kitchenette and it includes free hot breakfast buffet. Do a search here on the disboards, there were some good reviews. I am going to book this for next year as it will save $$$$ since it includes the breakfast.....

We stayed there in 1998 - and it looked old then. We were not impressed, and witnessed several of the things the previous posters mentioned (bugs, room was not clean, lack of security, etc.) And that was 10 years ago.

As I've posted ealier, I fell victim to PP planning:sad2: and booked here. DO NOT STAY HERE! I booked through a discount site, and believe me, for the price you can stay someplace else with better conditions. Though nothing got stolen (we didn't leave anything of real value in our room except some food and clothes) we left some food wrappers on the table in the kitchen and awoke to ANTS! After a long day at the parks, I showered first and there were ANTS on the floor. I didn't complain to management because I felt that I knew what I was in for when I read the trip advisor reports, but had to book something on the cheap and quickly. I WONT DO THAT AGAIN!!!! They also nickle and dime you death...2.98 here, an automatic 1.00 there...by the end I thought I was getting a bargain, but could have booked somewhere else for the same price! Its also way too congested at any hour!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the added charges. T

They added an adult movie charge to our bill. I insisted that we did not order the movie. They said that we did and they would see what time it was rented and on what day. They went to the back office, came back and said it was about 2:00 a.m. Right then, I knew they were just making it up. We had hit the parks each and every day and by 11:00 p.m. we were all out like a light.

When I told them, again, that we didn't order the movie, the guy just smiled and said maybe my husband did while I was asleep. I just laughed and said I knew my husband was asleep at that time because I could hear him snoring (as could everybody else in our group 'cause he's a loud snorer).

Unfortunately, I was in a really big hurry to check out and didn't have time to fight over the $2.00 something charge. I also didn't want to yell in front of the entire lobby that we did not rent an adult movie. I think they do this on purpose because most people are: 1) in too big of a hurry to demand they take a $2.00 charge off the bill and; 2) they are too embarassed to make a big deal over an adult movie.

VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!

Run the other way. We stayed there one night (first night) about 2 years ago and it was AWFUL. Bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Mold, dirty, and more bugs - ants and roaches. Y-U-C-K

DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

WE STAYED THERE WHEN IT WAS DAYS SUITES AND IT WAS JUST CREEPY! THE PEOPLE THAT HANG OUT AROUND THE PLACE, IT WAS RUNDOWN, AND THERE WERE BUGS EVERYWHERE!!! IT WAS SO GROSS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!

It is in pretty bad shape. It seems like a lot of people "live" at these Suites. You are better off looking into the Comfort Suites Maingate East, which is close to the Suites but a very nice building (or at least it was in 2006) and not a bunch of spread out buildings like the Suites. They have a mini fridge & micro in room and a hot breakfast and a shuttle to the parks (if you are interested in that). Their pool was nice, too.

OMG! WE drove by there last week, stayed at Cypress Palms. I asked myself "Who stays in that place"?
YUK!!!

just wanted to add - i have never stayed there - but have visited old town a few times and the place just looks creepy and gross from the outside!!!

This is absolutely the worse place to stay in Kissimmee. We were required tos tay thereas part of a package for a baseball tournament 3 years ago. I had to purchase air fresheners to get the odor out of the room and there were holes in the walls. The bed was unfit as well. I did not feel safe at all while we were there. Out boys were used to staying onsite and having fairly free movement while at the resort. At the Days Inn suites, I would not let them out of sight. Even walked my then 15 year old to another room so he could soend time with the team one evening. When he was ready to come back, he called me from his cell phone and I went and met him. There are many other options that are nice to consider.

They couldn't pay me to stay there again. Our only stay was back in 1999 or 2000. We changed rooms 3 times before we found something we could live with. It was just horrible as others have stated.

Right now there is a deal for Comfort Inn LBV. It's a little bit nicer (we didn't find bugs in the sheets) and for some dates it's as low as $49. I think you could do a search on this site to find the thread with the link. It's also in a nicer area.

PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT SUITES AT OLD TOWN!!!!

I receive newsletters and e-mails from Trip Advisor. I had previously earmarked it so that they could send updates and information on the Suites at Old Town. I was so very surprised that several of the last posts and review of the Suites was positive.

Last year, we noticed that somebody had bought the place so I wonder if they have started refurbishing it. I would hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter