Suite Hotel Near Airport?

amym2

DIS Veteran
Taking a RCCL cruise on the Freedom out of Port Canaveral in March, and I just booked our flight, which arrives around 10pm the night before. I'm thinking we'll rent a car that night (same price as renting it the the next morning) and will stay somewhere near the airport. Then the next morning we'll drive to the port (and return the car). With 4 people, renting a car seems to be our cheapest option. So... Where should we stay for the night? We'd prefer a hotel that has suites so no one has to share a bed with DD10.

I've stayed at Ramada suites near the airport... really nice and clean.:thumbsup2

We do something similar prior to cruising as well and always use the Embassy Suites. There is a very nice hot breakfast that is included. The rooms are a one bedroom, with two doubles in the bedroom and pull out sofa in the living space. We have stayed here multiple times.

You arrive at 10pm ... so by the time you have collected your luggage off the belt it will be nearly 11pm. then to car rental & leave airport

at approx 11.30 to drive to a hotel /motel.

So why not stay at the Hyatt ( I have no idea of cost ) at the airport

and you will be in bed by 11.30pm.

Next morning you will be ready & refreshed for collecting your car and off for the one hour drive to Port Canaveral .

Just check which Car rentals have a base in or near the port.

I do know that some car rentals have a base on the right hand side of the road as you enter CoCoa Beach.

But this base is about 5 miles beyond the embarkation point.

You could Drive to CoCoa Beach after you have collected your car and

stay in a Hotel in CoCoa Beach ( there are many ) BUT you would not arrive till about 1 am

Thanks for the input so far! The issue with the Hyatt is that for $189 we get two double beds and whoever has to sleep with DD10 gets no sleep (she's a kicker). For $130 we can get a suite somewhere and a free breakfast. It's worth the extra 30-45min to us, and the car rental cost is the same either way. But thanks for the suggestion!

I'll look into the Ramada Suites and Embassy Suites.

I second the Ramada suites. It is nothing fancy but is very close with free breakfast and I think I paid around $70 a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter