Suggestions for weekend with DH

srauseo

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are going to Disney with my family. He's only coming for part of the trip that includes our anniversary. I want to break off from my family for that time and have some quality time for just the two of us. We'll have a half day, one full day, and probably a morning before he goes to the airport.

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I'd love some suggestions for fun and maybe out of the ordinary things to do. He's not really interested in going to the parks (he's been several times) except EPCOT. For the half day I'm thinking maybe just some down time at the pool and maybe the new monorail progressive supper thing. Also considering Trader Sam's - he's never been there. Also maybe Chef's Table at V&A or Narcossee's. Thinking about drinking and dining around the world on the full day. Also considering brunch at Raglan Road on his departure day. I don't want to burn a park ticket just to go somewhere to eat so I think we're looking at more resort-based options. It will be August so I think any lengthy tours that are mostly outside are out of the question. I'm willing to spend some money if the experience looks really worth it. TIA!

My DH and I spent almost an entire day at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had a wonderful breakfast at Boma, sat on a covered porch and watched the animals, enjoyed exploring the resort and the shops, watched more animals after dark with the night goggles and finally had a wonderful dinner at Sanaa. I also really enjoyed tasting the South African wines and food. It was just a very relaxing, nice day.
Have fun!!!

Take the boat to Disney Springs from your resort and have dinner at Morimoto. Maybe then go to a movie. I agree that Jiko and Boma are awesome at AKL. There is lots of artwork to see.There are CMs everywhere to tell you about the animals. Have a Lava Smoothie at the pool bar and tell em ToddyLu sent ya.

My DH and I spent almost an entire day at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had a wonderful breakfast at Boma, sat on a covered porch and watched the animals, enjoyed exploring the resort and the shops, watched more animals after dark with the night goggles and finally had a wonderful dinner at Sanaa. I also really enjoyed tasting the South African wines and food. It was just a very relaxing, nice day.
Have fun!!!

Yeah, this is definitely in the running. We spent a few hours there on our last trip and it was great. The resort is so beautiful and Sanaa is fantastic.

Take the boat to Disney Springs from your resort and have dinner at Morimoto. Maybe then go to a movie. I agree that Jiko and Boma are awesome at AKL. There is lots of artwork to see.There are CMs everywhere to tell you about the animals. Have a Lava Smoothie at the pool bar and tell em ToddyLu sent ya.

The boat ride to Disney Springs is nice - very relaxing. He hasn't done that yet. I think we will probably take the boat over for brunch Sunday morning. If he decides to stay through Sunday night Morimoto could be a contender. I think he would love it.

Cali Grill has a nice Sunday bunch I think too.

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

I think I have landed on:

Arrival day - check into POR and relax at pool then Monorail Dine Around for dinner (maybe followed by nightcap at Trader Sam's)
Day 2 - sleep-in and then drink and dine around the world showcase finishing with a late reservation at Le Cellier (we're not big Illuminations fans:duck:).
Day 3 - sleep-in and then boat ride to DS for brunch at Raglan Road, shop and/or movie, dinner at Morimoto, Cirque du Soleil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter