Suggestions for lowkey things to do outside of park

70's is the average with some 80s kow anf then. Warm enough for me!
That would be such a huge improvement from when I went last January. One day it got down to the 40s, with wind chills in the 30s. Didn't get into the 70s all week.
For things to do, there used to be cane pole fishing at Riverside. Is it still offered?

Last edited:
I love antique malls and stores. When I have my own car or a rental, I go looking for one and explore.
This last trip, I went to Lakeland Antique Mall and ended up coming home with 2 lamps and a pillow from the Polynesian as well as some other antique items.

I also choose to go to one of the character warehouses sometimes for a break.

I second Blue Springs State Park. There is an elevated boardwalk through the woods overlooking the springs from which you can see manatee (if it's the right season) and all sorts of fish and birds. There were also picnic tables and maybe grills if you wanted to have a picnic or cookout, and I believe they also have boat tours of the springs and swings. We really enjoyed it and wished we'd known about this place for a non-park day when the kids were little.

There's also Showcase of Citrus on US Highway 27 in Clermont. It's about as schlocky and touristy as it sounds, but it was actually fun to ride in the monster truck out through the groves and marsh. Just north of SoC there is a pretty decent winery, which definitely was fun, too!

Swim with (wild) manatees at Crystal River.

Ride on the Glass Bottomed Boats in Silver Springs State Park.

Visit the oldest European settlement (and old fort) at St Augustine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter