Suggestions for breaking up the day??

2infinityandbeyond

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first trip to WDW (with kids) for May of 2004. The kids will be 5, 3 1/2 and 21 mos.

We are planning on four or five days in the parks. We'll be staying somewhere in WDW, probably Boardwalk or Beach Club.

Any suggestions for how to break up the day so the kids (along with the parents!!) don't get worn out? The oldest does not nap. #2 takes an occasional cat nap, #3 takes two one hour naps. This could all change by next May...

We break up the day by going back to the resort for a swim. We have also gone back to our room and let DS watch some TV while we relax since he won't really nap anymore. Usually quiet time is enough for all of us to recharge our batteries. If you don't want to head back to the resort, you could always hop on the monorail and ride that for a while, or you could go to one of the resorts and tour it. Taking a park break and playing mini golf is also an idea.

Ann:earsgirl:

How much time in a park is too much for kids that age? I was thinking of a tentative schedule of 8-12 in the park, 12-3 lunch and pool/rest, then pretty much whatever goes the rest of the day (back to the park, mini golf, Downtown Disney, etc.) until dinner time.

I guess we don't think in terms of how much time is too much time, we just watch the two of them and when we see the telltale signs, we head back. Sure, there are usually tears, but when the older DS realizes that we will go back to the park, he's OK. We don't really plan or schedule anything when we're at WDW. We let nature take it's course and just do whatever whenever- except of course things like PS's or parades or fireworks. We have found that if we decide what to do based on how the kids are or are not holding up, things go a lot more smoothly.

Ann

OOPS, that's twice that I've forgotten to say Welcome to the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter