Suggestions for breakfast before HS?

hodad

DIS Veteran
My partner has a business videoconference on the morning we are heading to Hollywood Studios, and I'd like to get our 6yo daughter out of the room early to give my partner time to prepare. Where is the best place to eat breakfast before heading to HS?

Right now we have 8am reservations at Hollywood & Vine, but I wonder if it makes more sense to eat elsewhere. We won't have a car and will take Uber wherever we go.

Are you going for the character experience or just to kill time.

The other close character option that is close is the character breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. After eating you can just go out the back and walk over to the boat dock. The friendship will take you to Hollywood Studios.

My partner has a business videoconference on the morning we are heading to Hollywood Studios, and I'd like to get our 6yo daughter out of the room early to give my partner time to prepare. Where is the best place to eat breakfast before heading to HS?

Right now we have 8am reservations at Hollywood & Vine, but I wonder if it makes more sense to eat elsewhere. We won't have a car and will take Uber wherever we go.
More details could help:

Where are you staying?

In general, I rarely suggest traveling within Disney to get food, but since you're OK with a taxi, then the so-called sky-is-the-limit.

However, that can still mean adding $40 and taking time that you might find better spent doing something other than sitting in a car with a 6 y.o. (my daughter is 7 and has been 13-15 times) for 40-minutes when there are Characters to meet and/or Rides to ride.

Fun buffet breakfast outside the Parks include: 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian, and Cape May at Yacht & Beach Club are known to have 'better food'. Chef Mickey's is fun, but the food lags - only place to see 'Fab 5'.

Inside Park Characters include: Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine, Cinderella's Table, Akershus.

Boma is considered by many to be a 'destination' breakfast buffet.

CA Grill does brunch.

If you want to be near HS then I suggest getting a cab/uber to the Boardwalk then you have QS options in Beach Club, Boardwalk Bakery, and Swan/Dolphin or a character breakfast at Cape May (opens at 7.30am but you will need ADR). You can jump on the boat outside to get to HS.

Thank you for all the suggestions!

We're going in a few weeks, and we're staying at the Blue Tree Resort, north of Disney Springs, so we have to take a taxi/Uber regardless of where we go (and my partner will drive our rental car to the park later to meet us). My kid has acces to a friend's deluxe dining credits that day, so price is not as much of a concern, which is why I'm fine with a character meet breakfast. Because the trip is just around the corner, TS pickings are slim. I'd like to minimize travel, which is another reason I picked up the H&V reservation. The characters there would be an added bonus above basic sustenance, which is about all we require. Mostly we're getting out of our room for the sake of getting out of the room and giving my partner some quite prep time.

It sounds like we either keep our H&V reservation or take a cab to the Epcot resorts for a QS breakfast before taking the boat (fun!) to HS. If we do the latter, are there any QS eateries that stand out?

Last edited:
I've always wanted to try the Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. Looks fabulous, but no characters or anything.

If you are interested in Cape May, keep looking for ADRs as they pop up as trip gets closer as people finalize plans, even up to the day before when u have to cancel. They have Minnie, Goofy, and Donald and there is a life size chocolate carousel in the lobby for Christmas. If not H&V is a good option if DD is into those characters, and then you are already in the park to start your day, and can go right over to Toy Story to ride with less of a wait (if opening is at 9).

I would keep H&V or keep trying for a Cape May breakfast. If you want more of a quick service I would head to the Boardwalk Bakery.

H&V is the worst character meal we've ever done, so I'd steer clear (plus all the same characters sans Handy Manny are available to meet in the park). We haven't been ourselves, but I've heard great things about Captains Grill in the Yacht Club.

If it's a nice day and you just want QS, I would suggest Boardwalk Bakery. The food is good and the Boardwalk is lovely. They have tables outside (which is why I suggest only going on a nice day). You can also walk to DHS from the Boardwalk after breakfast. It's typically faster than taking the boat.

I would keep the Hollywood & Vine reservation. We've eaten there twice and thought it was good plus you'll already be in the park and won't need to travel after breakfast. The characters at Hollywood & Vine are always great and if they are characters you think you would want to meet in the park anyway I definitely wouldn't hesitate to keep it. We didn't book it on one of our trips and regretted it when we spent 40 minutes in a hot line to meet Sofia the First.

1) Drive to McDonald's and get her a Happy Meal for breakfast.
2) DHS is a disaster at the moment.

Ohana is great breakfast.

Cape May at Beach Club if you want characters-- then boat to HS
Or
Breakfast at Captain's Grille at Yacht Club for better food but no characters then same boat to HS. Pretty easy to get and ADR and walk up is usually a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter