"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR-COMPLETE 4/5

When you said on twitter earlier that you were going to update, you really did! 3 updates!

Anyway, I'm surprised you drank all of the pumpkin juice. I got one in a bottle and thought it was good, but ok sweet to finish.

I had to laugh when you ordered the pork. It's what I got back in September because I read about how fabulous it was on the DIS!

Yeah I did! I was on a roll!

I love sweet things, so it was pretty easy for me. :)

It's just so amazing! I was in awe of its deliciousness. :cloud9:

Ahhhhh updates galore! Hooray!
WWOHP is just the best isn't it, the theming is so fantastic! You can't help but take a billion photos there. And forbidden journey is so amazing, the spider bit ...ick, but the rest AMAZING!
I can't wait for the expansion they are working on :goodvibes
Butterbeer is too too great! Butterbeer and school bread sounds like a diet of champions!
I love your conversation with the conductor! What an awesome guy!
Bird attacks are the worst!
We went to Busch Gardens last trip and a bird jumped ON MY LAP and stole my lunch. I completely freaked out. Go back to the sky birds, you're not welcome on my lap!
That flatbread looks freaking amazing!
Also good to see the cute boy count up :rotfl: The thrill rides at IOA seem to really reel them in.

Great update!! WWoP looks like so much fun. Can't wait to make it there some day. I love the Potter books and movies. I was SO thrilled this week when I got an email from Barnes and Noble that the Potter books are released for Nook! Now I can do a reread without lugging the heavy books around.

California Grill looked SO good and your view was wonderful!

Wow, you hit the update jackpot! Yay for us! :goodvibes

Everything about Harry Potter looked amazing, magical, perfection! I am so excited to go!! Hopefully I will in November. I am going to have to try everything! Of course Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. I saw you can get a Butterbeer with a souvenir glass. So you recommend the frozen over the regular then? That's what I'll get then! I love all of the details; yay Buckbeak made it! :) And, I agree...Ariel is a Weasley; of course! There's so much proof haha.

I love your conversation with the conductor. How cool! So authentic. He sounded awesome.

The Seuss land looks so cute. Very colorful! I keep forgetting there is other things/lands/places to go in IOA other than Harry Potter! Oops lol.

Yay California Grill! I LOVE it there! We go there every summer for a late dinner to see the fireworks. It's so nice up there and the service is excellent. Plus the food is delicious. I love their chicken and lava cake. Yum! My mom gets the flatbread and it is just as good as you described it! I want to be there now!

Oh Jesus, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for a week! "PRAISE THE LORD IN THE HI-HIGHEST, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!" Oh my God I miss Chorus SO much :sad1:

But yeah, I get it :lmao:

Omg you should somehow transport butter beer to Epcot or school bread to Harry Potter World so you can eat/drink them AT THE SAME TIME. But you might die from the overwhelming sense of awesomeness. :faint:

Disneyfreak616 said:
the whole thing just tastes like a beautiful marriage between butterscotch, vanilla, and Heaven.

Yes, I know that is polygamy.

:rotfl2: I found that way too funny.

Okay update 1 complete. I will be back for the other two later.... once I make myself some food.

Ahhhhh updates galore! Hooray!
WWOHP is just the best isn't it, the theming is so fantastic! You can't help but take a billion photos there. And forbidden journey is so amazing, the spider bit ...ick, but the rest AMAZING!
I can't wait for the expansion they are working on :goodvibes
Butterbeer is too too great! Butterbeer and school bread sounds like a diet of champions!
I love your conversation with the conductor! What an awesome guy!
Bird attacks are the worst!
We went to Busch Gardens last trip and a bird jumped ON MY LAP and stole my lunch. I completely freaked out. Go back to the sky birds, you're not welcome on my lap!
That flatbread looks freaking amazing!
Also good to see the cute boy count up :rotfl: The thrill rides at IOA seem to really reel them in.

I know you really can't! It was so hard to narrow it down for updates! AHH yes I agree. The spiders freaked me out a bit...THEY'RE WORKING ON AN EXPANSION!?!? WHAT????TELL ME MORE.

It really would be! Or of diabetics...

He was AMAZING! The birds...not so much. :/ Ew I would have FREAKED out!

IT WAS. It was awesome. :worship:

Hahaha everyone loves a good cute boy count. :P That's what I think too!​

Great update!! WWoP looks like so much fun. Can't wait to make it there some day. I love the Potter books and movies. I was SO thrilled this week when I got an email from Barnes and Noble that the Potter books are released for Nook! Now I can do a reread without lugging the heavy books around.

California Grill looked SO good and your view was wonderful!

Thanks! It really is, you'll love it! I know I heard about that! I want to get them on my mom's Kindle!!!​

Wow, you hit the update jackpot! Yay for us! :goodvibes

Everything about Harry Potter looked amazing, magical, perfection! I am so excited to go!! Hopefully I will in November. I am going to have to try everything! Of course Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. I saw you can get a Butterbeer with a souvenir glass. So you recommend the frozen over the regular then? That's what I'll get then! I love all of the details; yay Buckbeak made it! :) And, I agree...Ariel is a Weasley; of course! There's so much proof haha.

I love your conversation with the conductor. How cool! So authentic. He sounded awesome.

YEAH I did!

It really is! It's incredible! I hope you get to go! You'll have to try them both! Yeah, you can get a souvenir glass! I opted not to though. It's like $7 with the glass or something. I DEFINITELY recommend the frozen one. It's perfect. HAHA she totally is! SOLID EVIDENCE.​

The Seuss land looks so cute. Very colorful! I keep forgetting there is other things/lands/places to go in IOA other than Harry Potter! Oops lol.

Yay California Grill! I LOVE it there! We go there every summer for a late dinner to see the fireworks. It's so nice up there and the service is excellent. Plus the food is delicious. I love their chicken and lava cake. Yum! My mom gets the flatbread and it is just as good as you described it! I want to be there now!

It was! I loved it there! It was definitely very different from Harry Potter, which is totally the main attraction in MY book.

Me too! It's so fantastic! I like to try a new signature once a year. This summer will be Narccoossee's! I can't wait! I agree though, everything about CG is just amazing. :thumbsup2

Oh Jesus, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for a week! "PRAISE THE LORD IN THE HI-HIGHEST, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!" Oh my God I miss Chorus SO much :sad1:

But yeah, I get it :lmao:

Omg you should somehow transport butter beer to Epcot or school bread to Harry Potter World so you can eat/drink them AT THE SAME TIME. But you might die from the overwhelming sense of awesomeness. :faint:

Hahahaha I hope it is. :P "I BELIEVE IN THE FA-THER, THE SON AND THE HOLY GHOST..." AHH I love it. I miss Mr. Black. :sad1:

REALLY?! :idea:

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I would probably just not know what to do with myself. If I had both of those WHILE RIDING SPLASH MOUNTAIN I would probably just collapse. :upsidedow

:rotfl2: I found that way too funny.

Okay update 1 complete. I will be back for the other two later.... once I make myself some food.

HAHA I'm so glad. :P

Yeah...so that happened. CHOICES. :sad2:

It really would be! Or of diabetics...
Hahahaha it may kill you, but it will be a happy fulfilling sugar filled death!

THEY'RE WORKING ON AN EXPANSION!?!? WHAT????TELL ME MORE

ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!! There has been other stuff leaked since this article but this was the original :goodvibes
It's so rad that there will (hopefully) be a Hogwarts Express ride from one part to another! It's really split people down the middle, all the non potter-people think it's going to take over both parts and ruin everything but all the Potter lovers couldn't be more thrilled:rotfl:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

Are you going back to Universal on any of your upcoming trips?

Hahahaha it may kill you, but it will be a happy fulfilling sugar filled death!

ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!! There has been other stuff leaked since this article but this was the original :goodvibes
It's so rad that there will (hopefully) be a Hogwarts Express ride from one part to another! It's really split people down the middle, all the non potter-people think it's going to take over both parts and ruin everything but all the Potter lovers couldn't be more thrilled:rotfl:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

Are you going back to Universal on any of your upcoming trips?

That is so true! :rotfl:

OH MY GOSH THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!! I've been vying for a Gringotts ride since Sorcerer's Stone!!!!! :cool1: AMAZING. Thanks so much for the link! :goodvibes

No, I'm not. :( I REALLY wish I was though! When this expansion is done I will DEFINITELY be returning! :yay:

Hahaha I love the Ariel Weasley picture! That's hilarious! :lmao:

I love Flight of the Hippogriff, but I agree- it's definitely more about the scenery. It's such a short ride!

Oh Butterbeer...worth the admission to IoA all by itself. It's so GOOD, and you're right, frozen is the best! :cloud9:

That is so cool that the conductor came over to talk to you! Awesome! :thumbsup2

YAY! I got a shoutout! :woohoo: Haha, no Dietius Cokius for Dave either!
:rotfl:

YUM that fudge looks amazing! :lovestruc I've never spent much time looking around IoA besides the WWoHP, so I'll have to check that out someday!

I love your Hermione wand! One of my students got me Luna Lovegood's wand for Christmas, and I use it to point at the board while teaching. :laughing:

WOW what an amazing table you had at California Grill! That sounds like a magical moment, and I love the picture of you and Mike! :goodvibes

That food looks incredible! Ughh though...what's up with the lady barfing? :confused: That's gross, and you know she had to be mad that she probably just threw up a really expensive dinner.

That strawberry rhubarb crumble sounds amazing! I love rhubarb. Your dessert looked really good too! :worship:

Awesome updates! I'm so bummed you're up to your last day though! :sad1:

Yeah... or if you were on the monorail eating both of those, that would work too. I would assume that the monorail would be a safer bet because then you wouldn't spill the butter beer. Then again, I'm pretty sure that the Monorail Voice Guy requests that we don't "eat drink or smoke" while on board the monorail... so that would be an issue.

LOL Choices were made :laughing:

NEXT UPDATE!

Oh boy, competition for the Confectionary!? BLASPHEMY!

But those desserts do look good. Yum :lovestruc

LOL "these people seem to know what they're doing!' :rotfl: Don't you love being those people? Like seriously. Disney is our place to shine. :laughing:

YESSS CALIFORNIA GRILL. It... is... TIME!

Ah yay for getting a window table! What wonderful timing! Wishes is so beautiful!

That Flat Bread is one of the best things I have EVER tasted. Jonathan was so crabby because he couldn't find anything he wanted on the menu... then he had that and he IMMEDIATELY shut right up. It's sooooo goooood.

Disneyfreak616 said:
I visited the loo, where a woman in there was vomiting.

Bahahaha ANYWAYS SIDENOTE. :lmao: That's disgusting. That would suck to be sick at CALIFORNIA GRILL. Ugh ew. The only time I have encountered someone sick in the bathroom (knock on wood) was at Coral Reef when I was in 2nd grade. YUCK.

Mmmm that Chocolate Lava cake is so delicious! I don't think they had that crumble dessert when I was there. They just change the menu so often!

WOW THIS TRIP REPORT ONLY HAS ONE DAY LEFT TO GO!

Was she pregnant? That would be the only reason I can imagine puking at such a fancy restaurant. :confused3 Or she had too many glasses of wine! :lmao:

Hahaha, every time I've gone to WWoHP, I've been so tempted to buy the U-No-Poo, just so I can display it on my desk at work and weird everyone out. :lmao:

I would love to have some Butterbeer right now for sure. So yummy. I have yet to try the frozen version though.

Your meal at California Grill looks amazing! On my list.

Hahaha I love the Ariel Weasley picture! That's hilarious! :lmao:

I love Flight of the Hippogriff, but I agree- it's definitely more about the scenery. It's such a short ride!

Oh Butterbeer...worth the admission to IoA all by itself. It's so GOOD, and you're right, frozen is the best! :cloud9:

That is so cool that the conductor came over to talk to you! Awesome!

Hahaha I found that and it was just too perfect.

Me too! Haha that's why I compared it to the Barnstormer. :P

AMEN. Seriously it is though. The frozen one is just flawless.

I nearly DIED of happiness. It was such an awesome experience! Like undivided character interaction!​

YAY! I got a shoutout! :woohoo: Haha, no Dietius Cokius for Dave either!
:rotfl:

YUM that fudge looks amazing! :lovestruc I've never spent much time looking around IoA besides the WWoHP, so I'll have to check that out someday!

I love your Hermione wand! One of my students got me Luna Lovegood's wand for Christmas, and I use it to point at the board while teaching.

WOW what an amazing table you had at California Grill! That sounds like a magical moment, and I love the picture of you and Mike! :goodvibes

Yeah you did! :woohoo: Hahaha I was like yesss now I can tell Joni!

It WAS! You should definitely check out Suess Landing next time!

Thanks! Ahhh that is so awesome! What a great student! I would totally do the exact same thing.

It was perfect! The view was great! Aww thanks hehe. :goodvibes

That food looks incredible! Ughh though...what's up with the lady barfing? :confused: That's gross, and you know she had to be mad that she probably just threw up a really expensive dinner.

That strawberry rhubarb crumble sounds amazing! I love rhubarb. Your dessert looked really good too! :worship:

Awesome updates! I'm so bummed you're up to your last day though! :sad1:

It was! I don't know though...it was really gross. I never really thought about it that way, but you're right! I'd be so mad if I had to barf up a really expensive (and delicious) meal.

It was! I tried a bite! If you like rhubarb, then this is SO the dessert for you! I thought it was great! Everything was just perfect. :-)

Thank you!! It's okay, there's another trip report coming up from August! Frumps included! Ya'al finally get to hear it from me!​

Yeah... or if you were on the monorail eating both of those, that would work too. I would assume that the monorail would be a safer bet because then you wouldn't spill the butter beer. Then again, I'm pretty sure that the Monorail Voice Guy requests that we don't "eat drink or smoke" while on board the monorail... so that would be an issue.

LOL Choices were made :laughing:

NEXT UPDATE!

Oh boy, competition for the Confectionary!? BLASPHEMY!

True...and then maybe I would be banned from the monorail...and we wouldn't want that! :scared1:

Yes they were. (Said in morning at Akershus/Roz voice)

OKAY!

Hahaha I KNOW! Nowhere near as magical, but definitely almost as awesome!​

But those desserts do look good. Yum :lovestruc

LOL "these people seem to know what they're doing!' :rotfl: Don't you love being those people? Like seriously. Disney is our place to shine. :laughing:

YESSS CALIFORNIA GRILL. It... is... TIME!

They WERE.

Hahaha I really do. It's the best. Our talents emerge.

YEAH IT IS.​

Ah yay for getting a window table! What wonderful timing! Wishes is so beautiful!

That Flat Bread is one of the best things I have EVER tasted. Jonathan was so crabby because he couldn't find anything he wanted on the menu... then he had that and he IMMEDIATELY shut right up. It's sooooo goooood.

I know but really! I loved it! Ahh Wishes. <3

AMEN. Seriously I can't even describe the instantaneous party in my mouth when I bit into that thing. IT EVEN PLEASED JONATHAN. Woah. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE...:rolleyes1

Bahahaha ANYWAYS SIDENOTE. :lmao: That's disgusting. That would suck to be sick at CALIFORNIA GRILL. Ugh ew. The only time I have encountered someone sick in the bathroom (knock on wood) was at Coral Reef when I was in 2nd grade. YUCK.

Mmmm that Chocolate Lava cake is so delicious! I don't think they had that crumble dessert when I was there. They just change the menu so often!

WOW THIS TRIP REPORT ONLY HAS ONE DAY LEFT TO GO!

It was GROSS. I was like EW you're either preggers or drunk lol.

IT IS SO GOOD. I just about died. The crumble was great too! I can't wait to try the chocolate wave at Coral Reef is it's even half as good as that Valrhona...:lovestruc

I KNOW IT'S CRAZY! Once, I'm almost done I'm gonna start collecting four different sets of photos, editing them and uploading them. This should only take a week or two...:rolleyes:

Was she pregnant? That would be the only reason I can imagine puking at such a fancy restaurant. :confused3 Or she had too many glasses of wine! :lmao:

It's gotta be one of the two! I didn't know because I just heard it. :sick:

Hahaha, every time I've gone to WWoHP, I've been so tempted to buy the U-No-Poo, just so I can display it on my desk at work and weird everyone out. :lmao:

I would love to have some Butterbeer right now for sure. So yummy. I have yet to try the frozen version though.

Your meal at California Grill looks amazing! On my list.

Hahaha I know it IS so tempting! I want it! LOL I can just imagine their faces...:rotfl:

ME TOO. You should definitely try it! It's amazing.

That's an understatement hahaha. It was absolutely the most perfect meal of my life!​

Chapter 47- Our Last Morning In Paradise

July 31st, 2011

This morning was our last morning in Disney...:sad2: so everyone slept in a little bit. I woke up at 8:30 and wrote in my TR journal. A little while later the boys woke up and we watched Stacey while we got ready and packed.

Then we headed down to the main building to check out and re-activate our DDP because we still had some snack credits to use!

We walked down to the pool area and took pictures, stuck our feet in, and just took it all in. :-)

dsc03455nc.jpg

I love these guys!

dsc03459z.jpg

dsc03460a.jpg

I love the seashells here! It's so Little Mermaid-esque.

dsc03461v.jpg

My slide. <3

After a few minutes we walked down to the boat dock and waited about 10 minutes for a boat to Downtown Disney!

dsc03462r.jpg

Soon our boat pulled up and we were on our way!

dsc03469q.jpg

I managed to get some pics of the resort as we were slowly de-docking. (Is that a word? Ah well.)

dsc03464nw.jpg

dsc03465nz.jpg

I love this one:
dsc03468h.jpg

My slide:
dsc03470n.jpg

dsc03471jl.jpg

dsc03472z.jpg

dsc03473r.jpg

dsc03474zw.jpg

The backside of buildings! Oooh! Ahhh! (Much like the front.)

Pretty soon we were passing Saratoga Springs! I ended up taking SO many pictures of SSR on this day, not even realizing that I'd be staying there less than a year later!

Welcome Home! :cloud9:
dsc03480do.jpg

I love how serene and beautiful these boat rides are. :-)

dsc03482it.jpg

I spy a Treehouse Villa! I really wanna stay in one of these someday!
dsc03483qz.jpg

What a picturesque wedding this would be:
dsc03489k.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
dsc03490hy.jpg

Pretty soon our destination came into view:
dsc03491y.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 48- "WHY Are They Playing This Song!?"

July 31st, 2011

Hello everyone! So in between this update and the one previous to this, I got a very distressing text from Jess:

SHE CAN'T GO TO DISNEY ANYMORE!

That's right. Apparently her summer classes start on May 14th so it's pretty much impossible.

I called her and it sounded like she was crying. I was also very upset and trying to figure out some way to fix it, when apparently she decided that this was just too cruel and went:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

I am not kidding. That just happened. What a sick joke right!?

I am so never forgiving her....just kidding. :-) It was such a good joke and she literally had me hyperventilating!

So everything is back to normal and the trip is still on! 40 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!! -happy dance-

Now, onto the update:

More of the West Side began to pop into view:
dsc03493hi.jpg

Characters in Flight! I really wanna do this on one of my future trips!

dsc03494v.jpg

House of Blues/Disney Quest!

Here's Mike enjoying life:
dsc03495f.jpg

(I think the sun was in his face.)

Getting closer to our destination:
dsc03500j.jpg

More SSR pics:
dsc03503b.jpg

dsc03504d.jpg

dsc03507lx.jpg

dsc03511mq.jpg

It's just SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot WAIT!!!! :yay:

dsc03506w.jpg

Ahh the Sassagoula.. <3

As we were leisurely sailing along, the boat driver decided that it was high time to start playing some music.

And what song did he play, you might ask?

THE MOST HATED SONG IN AMERICA.

Namely, Party in the U.S.A. by the most recent Disney-Channel-girl-gone-rebel, Miley Cyrus.

There was only one suitable reaction to this:
dsc03509gy.jpg

Caption: Ugh, WHY. You just ruined my chi.

Fortunately, though, we pulled up here pretty soon:
dsc03512y.jpg

We hopped out and headed toward...
dsc03514s.jpg

Wait...that's not right!

dsc03526y.jpg

Here we go!! That's right, it was off to Goofy's Candy Co. to burn those snack credits!

We saw some sort of delicious goo being made:
dsc03518u.jpg

MMMMMM.

We decided to go with the pre-packaged, and therefore portable and take-home-able goodies.

Goofy's Sour Gummy Worms:
dsc03527fc.jpg

Goofy's Character Gummies, a personal favorite of mine:
dsc03532v.jpg

Chip & Dale Trail Mix and Mixed Nuts:
dsc03530a.jpg

dsc03531l.jpg

And last but not least, about EIGHT of these lovelies:
dsc03529te.jpg

We got them for family, friends, and ourselves of course!

We chilled in the A/C for a while and admired all of the fattening deliciousness, and then moved on to Team Mickey!

We browsed around in Mike's favorite store for a while, and I avoided going into Tren-D because I knew that I'd want to buy everything!

We decided to check in early for our lunch ADR, because we hadn't eaten anything yet that day! (Shocked as you may be, it's true.) On the way, we passed these guys:
dsc03539d.jpg

dsc03540an.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Beautiful resort pictures! And I love the Jungle Cruise reference! :thumbsup2

AHHH that "Welcome Home" sign makes me want to be a DVC member SO BAD. John has promised we will join when he gets his reenlistment bonus...which is later this year! Eep! :bitelip:

SERIOUSLY?! I can't believe Jess did that! That was so cruel, but also a really good April Fools joke! I'm impressed! :rotfl:

40 DAYS! YAYYYY!! :woohoo:

Hahahahaha okay seriously, look at every single person on that boat behind Mike while Miley Cyrus is playing. Their reactions are hysterical. :lmao:

Awesome use of snack credits! Those are perfect travel snacks! :goodvibes

A few quick questions:

How did the Mears bus work from WDW to IOA? I've never done that option before- do you know how much it cost?

Also- I've never done the Disney Dining Plan. I know- weird, right?! Anyway- do your credits expire the last night of your trip? Is it a hassle to reactivate it? I didn't know you could do that!

My friend stayed at Saratoga Springs last summer- and I happened to be staying at POP at the same time, so spent a day with her at the pool, and we ate lunch at the Turf Club cafe there. It was gorgeous! That doesn't make me a Resort Hopper, does it!? Eek!

I love your pictures along the Sassagoula River! It does sound really peaceful (that is, until Miley came along! :rotfl:)

(That is a really funny April Fool's prank Jess played on you! :laughing:)

Yay Goofy's Candy Company!!! Definitely one of my favorite spots! We always bring home a ton of the rice krispies too, they make great snack souvenirs!

Oh man what an April Fool's joke! :scared1: Ha!:lmao:

OH great...now Party in the USA is in my head.... :rolleyes:

Mmmm Goofy's candy....get in my belly!!! popcorn::

Beautiful boatride along the Sassagoula. I have never gotten to do that. Even though we switched from POFQ to WL, I still managed to squeeze a boatride from DTD to POFQ in my plans for June so we could see what we're missing. I also want to try the beignets!

Oh, no! Scary April Fools joke - Jess really got you! !:rotfl: Even though I love your individual trip reports it's just so much more fun to read when you are all together. Glad it''s still on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter