Such a deal!!

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
I was in Kohls the other night. I had $20 in Kohls cash that needed to be spent by this weekend.

So I wandered from one department to the next, determined to spend my $20.

In the shoe department, I came across a pair of ladies black leather dress boots, marked down from $88 to....

wait for it....

$8.80!!!

That's right, 90% off. They were apparently one of the last few pair left from last year's stock.

So I got myself some boots for work, and got my son a 3 pack of Nike socks for $12 or $13.

The cashier was kind enough to remind me to use my Kohls charge, so I got a discount.

The entire purchase came to under $2.50 :rotfl:

I went back yesterday, just to see what else I could find. My daughter, who starts middle school in the fall, also found some boots she liked: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1723703/so-midcalf-combat-boots-women.jsp We had to order them to get the color she wanted.

So I've officially started my Christmas shopping :)

I keep letting my Kohl's Cash expire because I don't need anything. We go in the store to buy something we need, get some cash to come back, but don't go back because we don't need anything. It's annoying, but I also don't want to go in the store and be tempted by things I don't need and end up spending more (which is what they want you to do).

And of course, when we finally do realize we need something, the Cash is expired and there are no sales or coupons available. DH needed some shirts for work this week and went to Kohl's and came out empty handed. He didn't like the quality of what he found and since we had no coupon, he went to the mall and found stuff at JC Penney he liked better.

I keep letting my Kohl's Cash expire because I don't need anything. We go in the store to buy something we need, get some cash to come back, but don't go back because we don't need anything. It's annoying, but I also don't want to go in the store and be tempted by things I don't need and end up spending more (which is what they want you to do). And of course, when we finally do realize we need something, the Cash is expired and there are no sales or coupons available. DH needed some shirts for work this week and went to Kohl's and came out empty handed. He didn't like the quality of what he found and since we had no coupon, he went to the mall and found stuff at JC Penney he liked better.

If I have kohls cash or a $10 off $10 coupon from JCP I always go and buy socks or underwear. Chances DH, I or one of the kids could use something of that nature and I hate how expensive even a package of boxers are.

If I have kohls cash or a $10 off $10 coupon from JCP I always go and buy socks or underwear. Chances DH, I or one of the kids could use something of that nature and I hate how expensive even a package of boxers are.

Or I can always use house stuff...towels or dishrags or tablecloths or kitchen stuff. I'm not walking away from a freebie, not with a whole store to choose from.

I love to wander around Kohls with Kohls's cash/%off .. and my list that contains things I will be needing, but they aren't urgent .. you wander long enough you find something (usually on my list) on a super sweet deal and you get it uber cheap (like your boots!) LOVE ... more moola for Disney!

If I have Kohls cash and nothing I need to buy, then I also will spend it on socks or undies. I never let mine expire :) I also live 2 mins from a Kohls. If I had to drive far, I'd probably be tempted just to let it go unused.

I keep letting my Kohl's Cash expire because I don't need anything. We go in the store to buy something we need, get some cash to come back, but don't go back because we don't need anything. It's annoying, but I also don't want to go in the store and be tempted by things I don't need and end up spending more (which is what they want you to do).

And of course, when we finally do realize we need something, the Cash is expired and there are no sales or coupons available. DH needed some shirts for work this week and went to Kohl's and came out empty handed. He didn't like the quality of what he found and since we had no coupon, he went to the mall and found stuff at JC Penney he liked better.
Last I knew of, Kohl's will take expired Kohl’s Cash - it's worth asking your local store.

Great deal!! I love finding deals like that, even better when you have "free" money to spend on it.

I don't let my Kohl's cash expire either. It helps that it's only 5 minutes away. If we don't need anything, I can always find a tank top, some jewelry - my favorite way to spend free unneeded cash, or the kids always seem a pair of shorts or socks.

Darn, now this thread has me itching to go check out their end of summer deals. :upsidedow

I can always stock up on birthday or get well cards, wrapping paper, gift bags when there is no other use for Kohl's cash.

It's been reported that as of August 1 no kohl's will accept expired kohl's cash. It's apparently system wide now.

Last I knew of, Kohl's will take expired Kohl’s Cash - it's worth asking your local store.

Most stores stopped taking expired Kohls cash as of August 1st.

But ours is only 5 minutes away... and in the same parking lot as my daughter's gymnastics class :)

I know it seems ridiculous, but I am not a shopper. I don't like letting free money go, but I truly don't remember to use it because I don't go out to stores often. Having to go back to a store I was just in the previous week doesn't compute...

I will always try to use a $10 off $10 or a coupon that is as good as cash, but I do my best to always let it expire if it is something like "$25 off a $50 purchase" and I don't NEED something- that's $25 I didn't plan to spend.

The idea to stock up on kitchen towels or underwear is a good one.

What I really need right now are socks. I can't find any for small adult feet. Kids socks are too narrow. Walmart had some that said they fit size 4-8 (instead of the normal 6-10), but when I took them out of the bag they were larger than my size 4 feet, without even stretching them. Thankfully they took the return of the open bag. I guess I should check kohls.

I also get lost in the store wandering around trying to spend my Kohls cash. I use Fiestaware so I am always able to pickup one of the smaller pieces even with just $10. I also use it for cards.

If I don't need anything, but have Kohl's cash or a $10 off $10 coupon to use, I go to the men's clearance rack and buy plain shirts or pants to donate to our church's clothing ministry. I figure it's free money, why not do something to benefit others.

we have a pajama drive every year for children's hospital, one of our health clerks spreads the word through out the school district, you can always find some place that needs some kind of cute kids clothes that you can donate to

A bit OT.. but I went to Kohl's the other day to buy some decorative pillows. They had a lot I liked, and they were buy one get one 1/2. I only had a 15% off coupon though, which kills me when I know there are 30% ones out there. :) I live close, so I went home and looked online. Same pillows were 1/2 off. Then I could also use the 30% off coupon and the $10/$50 home coupon. I used the "pick up in store" option so I got them the next day at a huge savings. Fun!

I don't have a Kohl's card but every so often get a $10 off $10 coupon in the mail. I use these to let my DD11 pick out something that I wouldn't normally buy her. She has gotten metallic leggings and Marvel comic strip leggings the last few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter