"Submitted" email ☹️

Kellygirls

Earning My Ears
My daughter just applied for the second time for DCP and immediately got the Thanks for submitting email. No invite to take WBI. She has more work experience than on her Fall 2016 application. I'm so disappointed for her. I really wish I knew what Disney was looking for specifically. I don't know if she'll try again for fall 2017.

How long ago did she apply? Sometimes the WBI emails will take about 1.5 hours to a day to arrive. However, even if she gets stuck in submission, there is always a chance she will get one later on!

ETA: everyone gets the "thank you for applying... due to the high number of applicants yadayada" email right away.

It's been 1 1/2 hrs. The chance of getting out of submission is very slim. I've never heard of it taking more than an hour to get the invite to take the WBI and I only have read of 1 person (out of the hundreds and hundreds of posts, websites, etc I have read over the past year) that got out of submission after being in for a month. If anyone out there has gotten the invite to take the WBI after being in submission for a week or more I would love to hear from you.

This probably isn't helping much but it took me nearly 4 hours to get my WBI after my thank you for applying email. I got the thank you email at 10:17am and got the WBI email at 2:05 pm.

Both myself and my younger sister applied together the other day when apps dropped. Unfortunately my sister was immediately put into the "submission" category while I somehow moved forward in the process.
I honestly think it's completely random when picking through applications. We both put almost the same exact things on our applications- same school, same interest in roles, same jobs (my sister actually had a few extra than I did). It absolutely makes no sense to me and it's been really upsetting because even though I get to move forward, we were planning on doing this experience together. :(
I just hope that the rumors aren't true and she makes it out of submission, and same with your daughter as well. it's not fair!

Both myself and my younger sister applied together the other day when apps dropped. Unfortunately my sister was immediately put into the "submission" category while I somehow moved forward in the process.
I honestly think it's completely random when picking through applications. We both put almost the same exact things on our applications- same school, same interest in roles, same jobs (my sister actually had a few extra than I did). It absolutely makes no sense to me and it's been really upsetting because even though I get to move forward, we were planning on doing this experience together. :(
I just hope that the rumors aren't true and she makes it out of submission, and same with your daughter as well. it's not fair!

It is possible you got through faster due to being older. Just a thought.

It is possible you got through faster due to being older. Just a thought.
It's possible and my mom brought that up as well. I'm starting to think it may have something to do with it as I've seen a lot of other freshman get put in submission, but at the same time I've also seen freshman get to the phone interview too. It's all very confusing.

It's possible and my mom brought that up as well. I'm starting to think it may have something to do with it as I've seen a lot of other freshman get put in submission, but at the same time I've also seen freshman get to the phone interview too. It's all very confusing.

I know you said you put the same jobs but do you have more years of job experience being older?

I do hope your sister moves through. It is a hard thing to hope to do it with someone and them possibly not make it through.

I truly believe that there are algorithms at work for the first two steps....online app and WBI! There is no way that there are actual people sitting there, reading all those submissions, nor can it be random. If it was random, Disney stands the chance of allowing some pretty undesirable people through while missing some terrific candidates. So, when the computer program 'sees' the words and phrases that it's looking for, you move on. If it doesn't 'see' enough of those words/phrases, you either get denied, or put into submission. Now, I don't know any of this for sure, but it just makes sense! My dd applied the first day apps dropped in Jan. She had her WBI almost immediately, and then after that, her phone interview was set up within an hour of her WBI. She did the PI a week later...then sat and waited. There were kids that applied after her that were sent acceptance emails much sooner than her. She waited until early March to get accepted! There's just no rhyme or reason....other than what roles they are looking for.
Good luck to all those who are applying.....I'm so glad we're done with that whole thing!!! Way too stressful to sit and watch you kids go through it.

Do you know if a good audition has ever moved someone out of submission? My son made it to the end and was asked to stay to be considered for a face character. Do you know how many character performers they take each semester?

My understanding is if you had to wait to do an audition you stay in Submission until you have your audition. I've never heard anyone talk about how many face characters they accept.

Do you know if a good audition has ever moved someone out of submission? My son made it to the end and was asked to stay to be considered for a face character. Do you know how many character performers they take each semester?
I doubt it's a set number...it's all about what they need at any given moment! Contrary to what we would like to believe, this isn't Disney trying to provide magical experiences for our kids..it's about Disney getting the workers they need, from a very large pool of possibilities!!

I know of a bunch of kids that were 'in progress' at the time of their auditions. None were chosen for entertainment, but many were chosen for other areas. My dd made it all the way through her auditions, up to the face character part. But, due to her height, she wasn't asked to move to face character audition...a very small percentage of those that auditioned went on to that last part. You're either right for a particular face character or you're not. Just no way of knowing how many kids they need. Good luck to your ds!! Hope he makes it in!

I doubt it's a set number...it's all about what they need at any given moment! Contrary to what we would like to believe, this isn't Disney trying to provide magical experiences for our kids..it's about Disney getting the workers they need, from a very large pool of possibilities!!

I know of a bunch of kids that were 'in progress' at the time of their auditions. None were chosen for entertainment, but many were chosen for other areas. My dd made it all the way through her auditions, up to the face character part. But, due to her height, she wasn't asked to move to face character audition...a very small percentage of those that auditioned went on to that last part. You're either right for a particular face character or you're not. Just no way of knowing how many kids they need. Good luck to your ds!! Hope he makes it in!

Thank you! I hope so too! He is 6 feet tall and was asked to stay to read for a face character, but they didn't have the side for that character with them. The casting director said, "We'll have you read for him when you come down." That made us hopeful, but I think it's a long shot since he is in submission at this point.

My understanding is if you had to wait to do an audition you stay in Submission until you have your audition. I've never heard anyone talk about how many face characters they accept.
I am just wondering about all character performers, face and fur.

I am just wondering about all character performers, face and fur.

The amount of overall performers changes especially on DCP. It is not a lot of DCP people who get entertainment and even fewer who do face. No one knows the number exactly. On my program I knew of 2 face performers and a hand full of fur. Some parade as well but not many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter