Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the Keenz angle as I am sure this potentially will cost them tons of profits

The name calling always annoys me - I get it, there are different points of view, but we can be civil about it and understand people have different experiences - what works for some people doesn't work for others. I do think people can adapt and still enjoy their trips to WDW (the people saying they need to cancel their APs because of this seems a bit much) but also get that this is a change and people first think about how this change may negatively impact them

Will it really cost them that much in profits? Out of all of the potential customers in the country, what percentage are taking Disney vacations? IRL I only know one other family that goes to Disney as much as we do and I know a few that have taken Disney trips at all. If I had purchased it, we would not have used it at WDW.

Will it really cost them that much in profits? Out of all of the potential customers in the country, what percentage are taking Disney vacations? IRL I only know one other family that goes to Disney as much as we do and I know a few that have taken Disney trips at all. If I had purchased it, we would not have used it at WDW.

well, obviously I have no idea what % of their business this will impact but it will be a non-zero amount so I can understand their interest in the discussion

I'm having a hard time sifting through people who are upset because they like the Keenz and its amenities, and those who are upset because they can't stroll through Disney showing off they have a Keenz.

This is definitely the vibe I get on FB. Its seems a lot of the "mom squads" are really just pissed they can't show off their latest status symbol.

They'll have to actively pay attention regardless.

It's a reduction from 36inches to 31inches. There are going to be some strollers, even double ones, that will be too large. Agree that most people won't be impacted but don't assume that all double strollers are A-OK, even some single strollers are way wide, while there are doubles that are less in width than singles.

But you may not notice the CMs sizing up the strollers, they may be doing it discreetly before ever getting to the point of measuring. There may still be ones that get through, but if there are too many I would assume Disney has to go even stricter and go to measuring more strollers (or using a box or whatever) that may look even slightly too big or right at the limit.

I checked the stats on our double stroller this morning and it clocks in at 31.5''...

Post from the Keenz Facebook site ... the comment of "what used to be the happiest place on Earth" seems a bit salty, no?

View attachment 391308

I am not trying to be mean in any way. We are after all a special needs family that still needs a stroller. But what need could there possibly be that Keenz meets, that a regular stroller doesn't? I am truly curious.

I am not trying to be mean in any way. We are after all a special needs family that still needs a stroller. But what need could there possibly be that Keenz meets, that a regular stroller doesn't? I am truly curious.

I see some comments that it is more comfortable for the child and can hold more equipment they might need ... even in this thread some comments that easier for them to lie down, especially if they are better on their bellies, etc.

I can certainly see it being better for certain kids and what they have gotten used to - but would like to think there are alternatives for special needs kids

I don't know what % it is but they certainly did promote it for its ability to be used at Disney. There is a picture from Disney in the Instagram feed on their front page and I think even more references to Disney prior to today. I would think that for some families, this was a key selling point that made them choose the $400 stroller wagon over spending $100 on a good quality folding sports wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter