Stroller revolt!

I found an InStep Safari Swivel Double Jogging Stroller on amazon with free shipping. It holds 100 pounds. I am buying 2 and still coming out better than Disney prices!
Every child is different, my 7 yr old is very active, she loves sport and loves to run. She will be in a stroller and I will not let anyones comments sway me from that. Her ankles turn in very bad and after a period of being on her feet she is in pain. Usually she cant even walk the next day.
Even if she didnt have problems with her ankles, I just cant imagine making a young child walk that much, I dont think any child walks that much on a regular basis.

Why are you laughing? :confused3 Its the people who are asking, " Oh my what should I do, double strollers are now $31.00 a day? "

Why are you confused? If you read my post, it's clear what I'm laughing at - the audacity of questioning a parent's ability to decide what's best for their child. Not the dilemma of how to best meet the child's needs.

This is true, however the OP didn't ask for opinions regarding kids ages and the need for strollers. She asked about renting strollers, shipping strollers and jogging strollers.

Not sure why you are singling me out since many on this thread have shared my opinion. But I do appreciate the attention, it makes me feel special.

Have a lovely day! :rolleyes1

i say we start a thread and get as many ppl here on the boards and other boards to e-mail disney letting them know what we think... i am now going to go buy a nice stroller for my what will be 5 yr old at the time because disney got greedy i was willing to pay 160 for my 10 day length of stay double stroller but i will not pay that abount for thier single stroller and i will definatly not pay them the 270 length of stay it would now cost me if i chose to do this.

lets let them know ppl..and maybe when i get there in sept they will change it...lol

another thin i think sucks is ...my mil was telling me that with her disney visa she gets free stroller rental at disney land....why not wdw??? thats not right!

HOW CAN THEY EVEN DO THIS. :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I mean how do you nearly double the price of strollers on people............whats next. Parking at the parks is going to go up to $20. I mean that just should not be legal for an increase to be that severe. I mean if they would have gone from $10 and $18 to lets say $13/$14 and $21/$22.....I might be able to swallow it better but.............in the case of the Double stroller its increases by about 70%. This is OUTRAGEOUS

They can do this very easily. It's called free market. They can charge what the market will bear and now you have to leave a cc deposit (or so I've heard) which will ding you $100 if stroller is not returned. Personally, I think they are trying to get rid of the strollers in the parks (lots of complaints).

Remember you do have an option of not renting.

Here is my .02 worth of experience. We travelled in Feb '08 with our 2, 6 & 9 yo. We brought our "big" (you know, regular size that a infant car seat could ride in) stroller from home for the 2 yo and were very happy we did! She was able to sleep and we had room for some stuff underneath. Our 6 yo complains about walking to the end of the driveway so we thought she would be tough at the parks. She never complained once! We took frequent breaks and walked at a leisurely pace. Once we got to WDW I was even more pleased that we brought our own stroller. The thought of pushing around one of those big, HARD strollers would have been a nightmare and she never would have napped in those. Now, on the other hand, our friends had a smaller version of a stroller (not an umbrella but it was about that size, but folded like a regular stroller) and they absolutely HATED it! Their 4 yo was in it and they had to bend over to push it and because of the weight in it turning was an issue, etc.

Does any of this help? I guess my thought is bring one from home that you are comfy pushing with that amount of weight. We pushed our 6 yo in our stroller after eating late in Epcot one night as she had fallen asleep due to the incredibly slow service...it was hard to push her and she is around 55-60 pounds. Bringing one from home at least gives you the option to push a sleeping child to the buses rather than waking them up and making them walk or worse yet, carrying a child all that way! GL

I used a double stroller for my 5 and nearly 9 year old- I found it helped me out the best- my back hurt a lot less when I could have something to lean on while walking and somewhere to put my bag. I made it easer on me keeping track of the kids too. I didn't use one at disney studios and my son walked infront of me and i tripped over him and took down both of us!

We just got back from WDW yesterday and rented a double stroller for both kids, DD5 and DS7, and the price was $16 per day for a double and I think $10.50 for single, husband prepaid for 5 days and at first son said he was not going to ride on a stroller but after walking a little bit on that heat (85 degrees) he was happy to join sister in the stroller, my son is tall and looks more like a 9yr old but we did not get weird looks, in fact saw many older kids riding strollers, saw and older boy in a single stroller with his much younger sister on his lap :laughing:
when are the new prices taking effect? :confused3

We are headed to Sea Worls in two weeks and I plan on getting my 6 year old a stroller. I was pleased to see that they only charge $9.39 for a single and $16.90 for a double.

$31 per day at Dianey is nuts!

We just got back from WDW yesterday and rented a double stroller for both kids, DD5 and DS7, and the price was $16 per day for a double and I think $10.50 for single, husband prepaid for 5 days and at first son said he was not going to ride on a stroller but after walking a little bit on that heat (85 degrees) he was happy to join sister in the stroller, my son is tall and looks more like a 9yr old but we did not get weird looks, in fact saw many older kids riding strollers, saw and older boy in a single stroller with his much younger sister on his lap :laughing:
when are the new prices taking effect? :confused3

New prices hit April 6th! You just missed the price increase....you lucked out:thumbsup2 I would not want to be those people who showed up April 6th:scared:

You asked, so here it goes.

There is no way I would dish that much money out for a 7 yo to ride in a stroller. Sorry for that much, he or she could walk. That is a huge chunk of change that could pay for alot of other things at WDW.

I too have a seven year old. She wears a size 4T (as in toddler). She is the size of a four year old, and they get to ride in strollers. Her little legs get tired more easily than ours do, so why should she be made to walk all day just because of her age?

I would buy the stroller and sell it later. The new rental prices are out of control!

JMHO...
The increase in people bringing their own strollers will lead to more crowded Disney transportation. People will be waiting in line longer to get on busses or boats, and eventually, people will begin to rent Disney strollers again in order to alleviate long transportation lines. Ugh.

To those thinking of bringing large jogging strollers:

Cut/pasted from the official WDW theme park FAQs -

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks?

A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:

Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind
Folding chairs
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets (unless they are service animals)
In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

To those thinking of bringing large jogging strollers:

Cut/pasted from the official WDW theme park FAQs -

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks?

A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:

Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind
Folding chairs
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets (unless they are service animals)
In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

I see double strollers in the parks all the time that are brought in by people. I don't think they enforce that rule for strollers.

Hi all. I am new to the boards. We will be traveling to WDW in Oct. with DD 4 and DS 3. I gave my double stroller away so was planning on renting one but the prices are a little steep. Do they have a stroller exchange or swap like they have for the fridge exchange? Not sure how it works but I would be interested.
MK

Look on the Budget forum for stroller swaps. There have been several over the years, and I have a feeling they will be even more popular now!

My apologies if this has been answered. I'm still reading a couple of pages back! :)

I actually have an umbrella stroller that useless to me right now - it's a Winnie the Pooh theme, beige, gender-neutral. I don't know the maker or the weight limit on it, all I do know is that it whimpers when my 30-pounder sits in it.

If anyone is in the Manchester, NH area and wants it for Disney, PM me.

Look on the Budget forum for stroller swaps. There have been several over the years, and I have a feeling they will be even more popular now!

My apologies if this has been answered. I'm still reading a couple of pages back! :)

Thank you very much!
MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter