• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller question

PedsRN88

Earning My Ears
Last year we rented a stroller for our trip, but this year we are thinking of bringing ours to save some money. If we check it with our luggage and put the yellow DME tag on it, will it get delivered to the hotel with our bags or will we need to get it from baggage claim?

Thanks!!

Any checked luggage with the DME tag gets pulled behind the scenes, sorted in a warehouse, and delivered to your resort.

Just a tip, make sure to also put a regular luggage tag on it, in case the yellow tag comes off. One thing to think about, in my experience, baggage handlers can be rough sometimes, i'd rather pick it up from baggage claim, and find out if there's an issue, then to notice it after it's in my room. I might be paranoid, but from cruises and flying, baggage handlers have always torn my luggage up.

Just remember if you put a yellow tag on it you won't get it for a few hours. If you need your stroller right away gate check it, do not put the yellow DME tag on it.

I too would definitely gate check it, not check it with other luggage. They will bring it to you as you deplane.

As a baggage handler I would gate check the stroller. Last on the plane, first off (delivered plane side too). Plus if there is anything wrong with your stroller, or if it doesn't make the flight then the airline can give you a loaner until yours comes in. If you have a nice stroller I also suggest breaking it down as much as possible.

Just remember if you put a yellow tag on it you won't get it for a few hours. If you need your stroller right away gate check it, do not put the yellow DME tag on it.

I too would definitely gate check it, not check it with other luggage. They will bring it to you as you deplane.

i would too. then you can use it in the airport, as those concourses can get long for short legs.

Yeah, I'd gate-check it too - but I was only answering what was asked :D

Af
Last year we rented a stroller for our trip, but this year we are thinking of bringing ours to save some money. If we check it with our luggage and put the yellow DME tag on it, will it get delivered to the hotel with our bags or will we need to get it from baggage claim?

Thanks!!
After about 20 trips I found the easiest way to travel us take an inexpensive umbroller stroller for the airport and rent a nice one for at Disney. No worries of it being damaged to or from flight, you have it up to the gate, and at Disney the young ones have great wheels.

Practice closing and opening. Practice how to take things out to close it for the bus. Don't wait until. At the bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter