Streamline Check-in

wdwrule

DIS Veteran
How is "streamline check-in" different from on-line check in from the past several years? In other words, how will it be different once we arrive at our resort?

i haven't done it yet, so take this for that. When it was first announced, streamlined check-in was supposed to eliminate going to the lobby at all. Soon after your plane lands, the hotel would text you your room number and you could go straight to your room.

They've since decided that might not be safe. Now you need to stop at the lobby and show your ID to someone there checking them. I am not sure if they still text the room number to you. I'm thinking not, since you'd have no reason to stop by the lobby if they did. I guess you can think of it as Express Online Check-in, or something.

I wonder how much time check in takes at disney resorts?

If you do regular check in, you have to wait in line - and it can be a longish line. Then the castmember has to check all your info, get your charging to the room info, explain how everything works - opening doors, charging with magic bands for example. Plus info on transportation, park hours, EMH, lifeguard hours at the pool, yada yada. Doing all this with everyone in line takes time, but is necessary with newbies.

Online check in gathers all the info they need to create your account and is designed for repeat visitors that don't need all the info. You just pick up a packet with basic info and a map to your room and go. You can still ask questions if needed, but info won't be given unless you ask for it.

Streamlined check in is the same as online but all you get is your room number. Show your ID to prove you're the right person, and get a room number and be on your way. If you need to pick up Magic Bands, or ask a ton of questions, or a first timer, don't use this option.

First timers should use regular check in. First time visitors to THAT resort, might want to.

If you do regular check in, you have to wait in line - and it can be a longish line. Then the castmember has to check all your info, get your charging to the room info, explain how everything works - opening doors, charging with magic bands for example. Plus info on transportation, park hours, EMH, lifeguard hours at the pool, yada yada. Doing all this with everyone in line takes time, but is necessary with newbies.

Online check in gathers all the info they need to create your account and is designed for repeat visitors that don't need all the info. You just pick up a packet with basic info and a map to your room and go. You can still ask questions if needed, but info won't be given unless you ask for it.

Streamlined check in is the same as online but all you get is your room number. Show your ID to prove you're the right person, and get a room number and be on your way. If you need to pick up Magic Bands, or ask a ton of questions, or a first timer, don't use this option.

First timers should use regular check in. First time visitors to THAT resort, might want to.

Thanks! Good information!:thumbsup2

As PPs have mentioned, streamline check-in allows you to received a text with your room number so you can bypass the front desk all together. Online check-in allows you an expedited "normal" check-in process. However, my recent experiences have been that just as many people are now doing online check-in, so we didn't find the line much shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter