Strategy for HS Veteran's Day Weekend?

I'm No Fool

Mouseketeer
Any good tips for managing Hollywood Studios on Saturday, November 11? We plan to leave our POP room no later than 8 am and to leave late afternoon/early evening for Epcot (We'll be back there again another day.) We don't plan to do Slinky Dog Dash, Tower of Terror, or Aerosmith. Frozen Ever After and Beauty & The Beast are on our "if we have time" list. I assume Genie+ along with Individual LL for RotR will be a must?

Since you're not doing 3 of the big attractions, you could possibly do Mickey's Railway, Toy Story Mania, and Millenium Falcon as your first three attractions without purchasing G+.

However, our choice is to purchase G+ to keep waits to a minimum. And we think purchasing ILL for Rise is worth it, because it makes a huge difference in wait times for that attraction.

The only 3 attractions at Epcot where G+ is useful are Remy, Test Track, and Frozen. So if you decide to purchase G+, you might stack 2 of them for the late afternoon/evening rather than booking any LLs in HS. Without G+, the waits for all 3 of those will be pretty bad by the time you get to Epcot unless you hit 1 or 2 of them just before park closing.

Like Rise, we think purchasing ILL for Guardians is worth it.

Thanks. I checked the wait times today for HS and even Star Tours has a long wait. I have to assume the weekend of 11/11 has to be worse so G+ will be a necessity. We did Frozen last time and I don't think it's worth a repeat. We also did Test Track and I would do it again, but we can use the single ride line. And since we're staying at POP it makes sense to do Remy right at closing and then hop on the Skyliner.

We're also doing HS on the 11th. I'm hoping because that's when Jollywood begins it might not be as busy since the park closes earlier than usual.

Me, my wife and 2 daughters (2 + 4) will be doing early entry rope drop. Plan is to buy ILL for Rise, try to secure Slinky on genie+ and rope drop Micky and Minnie. We'll be park hopping and will try to secure Frozen Ever After at Epcot after using our first lightning lane. We have to be back at HS since Fantasmic is at 7:15. We did get the Hollywood & Vine breakfast package so we won't have to get in line as early hopefully to get a good seat!

Doing my best to plan it all out lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter