• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

strange question RE grand floridian afternoon tea!

champagnegirl26

Kettering Uk
Hiya,
Might sound odd but i have a silly concern. I have posted on another message board about having a PS for the Grand Floridian afternoon Tea. People have told me they didnt get any milk with their tea and when they looked around no other table seemed to have it either. Hmmmm well i really can't tolerate tea without milk and i dont particularly like coffee. So, Has anyone else been? What was your experience of this? I mean im sure they would give me some if i asked? If not i guess i better cancel. How strange we all get caught up in the little things when planning such a big trip! :rotfl2:
Told you it was a strange question! :blush:
Claire.

They gave me milk when I asked. Hey, it's how the queen gets it - milk in first though!

We had tea last Wed. afternoon before going to La Nouba! We were asked if we would like milk with our tea! It was great by the way! I'm sure you will enjoy it! The trifle was fantastic!

DD and I have been twice. Neither of us like tea so we ordered cokes :blush: no one said anything. We love the pastries and tea sandwiches.

If anyone is reading this thread & wondering about having tea at WDW, all we can say is: Do it! Tea in this special room at the GF is a great experience. Flowers inside & out are always magnificent. We've had tea at about every place a "proper person" would take tea in London, and no one there can match the setting. And the tea & goodies are excellent. This tends to be an adult experience -- although there are moments the little princesses take over! & when they do, it's pricey! & very non-adult!!

huh? "when the little princesses take over/pricey! & very non-adult" does that mean it's a good thing to bring kids or a bad idea? would an 8yo boy like this event?

I have 7 and 9 year old nephews in my life and I would say that both boys would hate this meal, even though they are good kind sensitive boys for the most part. Chef Mickey is much more their thing - heck they could even do Chefs de France well. They just wouldn't thank me for the tea.

gigi1313-- Tea at the GF is not a "guy thing." Is it a guy thing ever? Pricey?: In the Tea Room (east end of GF main lobby) in December very young princesses were there in their princess gowns & the price was running something around $100 per child. That included a doll. & the WDW princesses were there to meet-and-greet.

I beg to differ about the "guy" thing. My DH loved it. We dropped the kids off at the pirates cruise and had tea (about 2 years ago) It was very romantic and we went back again with the children on a later trip at his suggestion. It was one of his favorites and he is all man, believe me.

punkin: Should not have painted all "the guys" with the same brush. I enjoy tea. If you are ever in London, THE place to have tea is Brown's Hotel -- was the favorite hotel of the Kennedy family. Has just undergone a major re-do, so I'm hoping they didn't destroy the tea area (just off the main lobby). Skip the Ritz, the Savoy & Harrods. So, I do like to "do" tea with the wife! You can usually count the number of males at the GF tea on less than two fingers of one hand. & the "Princess Tea" is an all-girl deal. At least I've never seen a young guy in there. & I'll say again, the setting of the GF tea room has to be one of the greatest in the world.

Milk question-
My mom and I just did the GF tea in March. It was wonderful and we did request and receive milk with our tea. We had always wanted to do this tea and after the experience I have to say it was worth it. Really beautiful and very relaxing.

Guys at tea-
We were seated next two a couple and the gentleman seemed to be enjoying the experience as much as the lady.
They do offer a gentleman's tea selection. This option comes with a glass of port.

Kids-
we did not see any young gentlemen enjoying the experience but there was a very sweet young lady with her mom and they were having a blast.

I love tea parties! princess:

GF tea might be a bit "girly" for most boys. My DH loved it, although he is not a big tea drinker. After his first cuppa, he asked for coffee and was happy. I, on the other hand, drank an entire pot of tea, with milk, and thoroughly enjoyed the romantic, slightly formal atmosphere.

dh and i go to tea at the gf frequently - he has never felt out of place. :)

caitycaity said:
dh and i go to tea at the gf frequently - he has never felt out of place. :)

I know my DH LOOKED out of place, at least to me. I could barely control my laughter throughout the tea, as he tried to look comfortable, but he just wasn't. Think "Tim the Tool Man Taylor Does the GF Tea". So I guess it depends on the DH!

Hey John- My husband, daughter (12 ath the time) and I did tea at Brown's in 2002. It was a lovely experience! Gotta say, though, that dh and dd got a little antsy at my propensity to linger. Of course, that was nothing compared to his agony during our tour of the various queen's wedding gowns and exhibit on court dress at Kensington Palace! I think the gentleman's tea at GF might suit him quite well (and it sounds pretty good to me too!)

Cheers,
NB

nbandfour: Also toured Kensington Palace -- about six years ago. We're in UK every year. Headed over early May for VE+60. Hope they do not make a muddle of Brown's in the re-do. We're off-subject here for WDW . . . but tea is important! Tea at the GF is a must-do if you liked Brown's. Totally different experience because of the setting. Brown's is (at least was) rather dark with marevelous overstuffed chairs. GF tea-room is spectacularly airy & the cut flowers inside with the flower-beds outside make it seem a garden setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter