• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

The movie ended about 4:15 and at 4:35 we were turning around and heading out of the harbor. I’m glad we didn’t miss leaving because I was enthralled with the rock formations. Next time we’ll do a boat tour and see them close up.

I watched us leave from the front, mom left me and said she had magnificent views from the back. I don’t think there could be a bad viewing spot since we were moving past them.

I loved those rocks at Cabo, too! Because we were going in the other direction, we went past them twice: going out of the port and then travelling northwards. We had done a snorkelling excursion and the boat had taken us close to the rocks, but I actually enjoyed the view from the Wonder better. I liked being further away and higher up for the whole perspective. But getting close is neat, too, so you should certainly do this if you return to Cabo!

We woke up about 9:30, really 8:30 but the time went forward for the first time today.

I think I now understand why Royal Caribbean does the time changes in the middle of the day when the clocks go forward. I think this is less disruptive. It is kind of strange that they decided to do this on a port day rather than on a sea day.

We made it about 10:15 and they were still happy to make us both omelets.

I am glad that they were able to accommodate you.

That is quite a view.

At 2:30 we were able to escape the sun and go see Finding Dory in the Buena Vista Theater. It was such a good movie! Exceeded all my expectations.

I still have not seen this. I think it will be out on DVD soon.

I’m glad we didn’t miss leaving because I was enthralled with the rock formations. Next time we’ll do a boat tour and see them close up.

I love the rock formations at Cabo. We did a tour on a water taxi on our second visit there and did a snorkelling trip on our most recent one. Both were a great way to get a close look.

Corinna

Hi everyone :)

Then back to the train station to do customs? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is done before we board?

We LOVE the train trip!! On the morning train, customs was done after the train trip in Vancouver. You might consider upgrading to Business Class (first on/first off the train). Also, if you can, request seats on the left side of the car - it'll have the ocean views.

Day 4 great so far! That was nice BBB made you those omlettes they looked good. Plus those GF muffins. Very kind.

What a lovely clear sunny day. Sounds hot hot hot. Good move to dip in and out of the pool. That mango drink looks nice but be even better frozen.

I enjoyed Finding Dory also. Perfect timing on the finishing. Wow those rock formations are beautiful. You and Mom got some super photos of those.

Looking forward to reading more about the Sean Farquhar show and Palo dinner.

Oh my gosh, I have NO idea how I got so behind. I have been reading off and on for the past little bit and am ALL caught up...

First: when is your next your DL trip and when are you staying at the GCV? Would love to see you.

I cannot believe how cute the dogs are and how settled they are. How is work Have things leveled out, more consistent?

They just opened two Moe's by us but I have been hesitant, the name throws me off. :blush:

I really like your patio with your villa.

The pics with the stowaways are just too funny! :lmao:

The Wonder! :cloud9: Was she all shiny like a new penny?

Embarkation day turned out to be quite lovely. Glad that gloom burned off.

You ladies both look fabulous!!!!

Great cabin! I can't wait to see that beautiful ship again.

Those fries. That Mickey Bar. That pizza. :love:

Have you always been gluten free? I feel like I did not know that.

Breakfast looks delicious.

Mmmmm....virgin pina colava poolside. It doesn't get any better than that!

I find it impossible to leave the deck as well. Its just heavenly. Did you watch any Funnelvision?

Dinner at Animator's looks wonderful!

Isn't Cabo gorgeous? Why did you choose not to leave the ship? I would never think to stay on but after the ship empty, I would be tempted for sure.

We loved Finding Dory too!

I don't blame you for not getting off the ship in Cabo. Tendering there looks difficult. The seas are choppy and the boats are small.

Gad they could make you a breakfast basically cooked to order, omelettes, muffins, just perfect. I still have yet to see Finding Dory all the way through.

Nice that you both got such good shots of the rock formations on your way out of the harbor.

Looks like things are progressimg nicely. Well done booking flights woohoo. Also cool re Amtrak train. Be nice to see the museem. Do you get seats allocated on the train?

I am almost certain we don't get allocated seats on the train which stresses me a little but hopefully it won't be a problem.

They had one pin per port for our first Panama Canal cruise and then again for the Hawaii cruise. Since then they only have had one or two cruise pins.

This I don't understand. They know people love to buy the special merchandise. When they don't offer it I feel they're just losing money....

When we did the trip in the opposite direction, we cleared US immigration before we got on the train in Vancouver.
Corinna

Thank you for this, I thought that's what they would do. Makes sense.

I loved those rocks at Cabo, too! Because we were going in the other direction, we went past them twice: going out of the port and then travelling northwards. We had done a snorkelling excursion and the boat had taken us close to the rocks, but I actually enjoyed the view from the Wonder better. I liked being further away and higher up for the whole perspective. But getting close is neat, too, so you should certainly do this if you return to Cabo!

We definitely want to get closer to the rocks next time. I'm certain there will be a next time. I was totally enthralled :)

I think I now understand why Royal Caribbean does the time changes in the middle of the day when the clocks go forward. I think this is less disruptive. It is kind of strange that they decided to do this on a port day rather than on a sea day.

They claimed they wanted to keep it to the days it would actually happen. I'm not sure if during the day or overnight would bother me more.

I am glad that they were able to accommodate you.

They were always great. The chefs seem to really enjoy making the guests happy. And mom was really happy to get her omelet!

That is quite a view.

It really was.

I still have not seen this. I think it will be out on DVD soon.

Great movie, hopefully you get to see it soon.

I love the rock formations at Cabo. We did a tour on a water taxi on our second visit there and did a snorkelling trip on our most recent one. Both were a great way to get a close look.

Corinna

We will definitely get off the ship next time in Cabo. Who knows when but it will definitely happen.

We LOVE the train trip!! On the morning train, customs was done after the train trip in Vancouver. You might consider upgrading to Business Class (first on/first off the train). Also, if you can, request seats on the left side of the car - it'll have the ocean views.

Thank you for the info! I will definitely try and get us seats on the left side. Do you know if business class has designated seats?

Day 4 great so far! That was nice BBB made you those omlettes they looked good. Plus those GF muffins. Very kind.

Those muffins were so tasty!

What a lovely clear sunny day. Sounds hot hot hot. Good move to dip in and out of the pool. That mango drink looks nice but be even better frozen.

I much prefer a frozen drink.

I enjoyed Finding Dory also. Perfect timing on the finishing. Wow those rock formations are beautiful. You and Mom got some super photos of those.

I couldn't get enough of those rock formations :cloud9:

Looking forward to reading more about the Sean Farquhar show and Palo dinner.

I was hoping to post the entire day but then got called away to work. Hopefully soon, but now the computer is giving me serious problems.

Oh my gosh, I have NO idea how I got so behind. I have been reading off and on for the past little bit and am ALL caught up...

No worries! Life has an annoying way of intruding on Dis time :teeth:

First: when is your next your DL trip and when are you staying at the GCV? Would love to see you.

We'll be going to DL after an Alaska cruise in September. I have DL booked for September 15-22. Hopefully we'll be able to stay that long, I've got to work it around flights home though. I'd LOVE to see you guys! and of course I'd love if you could meet mom finally :) are you going to be there?

I cannot believe how cute the dogs are and how settled they are.

They make me smile every day :) they rescued me after I lost Conner.

How is work Have things leveled out, more consistent?

Work is no good. Even less consistent, I must find something else.

They just opened two Moe's by us but I have been hesitant, the name throws me off. :blush:

Moe's! The name is fun!!! :laughing: and the food is really yummy! You must try it.

I really like your patio with your villa.

Me too :)

The pics with the stowaways are just too funny! :lmao:

We have a lot of fun with them :laughing:

The Wonder! :cloud9: Was she all shiny like a new penny?

Not yet, she was being refurbished right after our cruise.

Embarkation day turned out to be quite lovely. Glad that gloom burned off.

It really was a lovely day.

You ladies both look fabulous!!!!

You are too kind! I think I've gained back every pound I lost last year...

Great cabin! I can't wait to see that beautiful ship again.

That cabin was fantastic. Any plans for you guys cruising?

Those fries. That Mickey Bar. That pizza. :love:

YUMMY!!! popcorn:: popcorn::

Have you always been gluten free? I feel like I did not know that.

For our cruise I wasn't, but when I saw you in CA last year I was. I have determined I am indeed allergic. If I have anything with gluten I'll have tummy trouble for at least a week. Life is so much better without tummy trouble.

Breakfast looks delicious.

It was!

Mmmmm....virgin pina colava poolside. It doesn't get any better than that!

You are so right! :cloud9:

I find it impossible to leave the deck as well. Its just heavenly. Did you watch any Funnelvision?

Oh yes, plenty of fun movies on Funnelvision.

Dinner at Animator's looks wonderful!

That dinner could have been better. It reminded me of the crazies we sat with...

Isn't Cabo gorgeous? Why did you choose not to leave the ship? I would never think to stay on but after the ship empty, I would be tempted for sure.

Being onboard when everyone else is in port is sooooooo nice!!! You really have the ship to yourself.

We loved Finding Dory too!

That movie is too cute!

I don't blame you for not getting off the ship in Cabo. Tendering there looks difficult. The seas are choppy and the boats are small.

I completely forgot they tendered there. Next time I'd like to get closer to the rocks though, and the beach looked so nice.

Gad they could make you a breakfast basically cooked to order, omelettes, muffins, just perfect.

It really was perfect. Every breakfast but one was pretty much perfect.

I still have yet to see Finding Dory all the way through.

Oh you must! It was so good. I'll often leave it on in the background at home, it's such a fun movie.

Nice that you both got such good shots of the rock formations on your way out of the harbor.

I couldn't get enough of them, they were so gorgeous.

Thank you for the info! I will definitely try and get us seats on the left side. Do you know if business class has designated seats?

No, they don't. We just purchased our business class seats for our cruise in May and that wasn't an option. We've found in the past, though, that if you ask at check in, they'll accommodate your request if the seats are available.

The seats are assigned in business class, but it doesn't happen until you check in at the station. Be first in line....and you will get your pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter