• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storytellers Cafe WOC Dining Package

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
I was reading that the Storytellers Cafe WOC Dining Package is only available for dinner and that you can't actually make a specific reservation for it, you just show up and ask your server to upgrade you to the package at which time you will be given a ticket for the reserved viewing area. My questions is does anyone know if the reserved spaces sell out as I do see the disclaimer "Subject to Availability". I am debating about whether to go for this option or go with the lunch package at Wine Country Trattoria which has the same disclaimer but I figured if we had an early lunch there, we would almost certainly get a ticket as it would beat most other people. I am going to try for the dessert party but living in Australia the time zone difference means that by the time I get up to try and book most things are gone at the 60 days mark.

Just an FYI - The Dessert party will not be listed with the regular dining availability. You need to go to the Disneyland- WOC Dessert Party page to book, and I still see availability for all of my dates that are over 60 days out...so hopefully you won't have problems booking it
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/
Oh thanks for that I didn't know there was a separate section to book it and that gives me hope that maybe I will be able to get it.

The Storytellers and Wine Country viewing area is in front of the dessert party seats. It is a decently large space and people are standing so it can fit quite a few people in there. If you are short or have small kids, I would suggest not trying to watch WOC in a standing space. I've seen too many kids not be able to see and parents getting tired of holding their children through the whole show. I don't believe you can put your child on your shoulder in that area.

The Storytellers and Wine Country viewing area is in front of the dessert party seats. It is a decently large space and people are standing so it can fit quite a few people in there. If you are short or have small kids, I would suggest not trying to watch WOC in a standing space. I've seen too many kids not be able to see and parents getting tired of holding their children through the whole show. I don't believe you can put your child on your shoulder in that area.
Thanks for your input. We are a party of three adults and I will have an ECV however I can stand for the performance just not stand for an hour leading up to it. Thats why I would prefer the desert party but I guess I shall just have to wait and see if I can snag a reservation for that.

Thanks for your input. We are a party of three adults and I will have an ECV however I can stand for the performance just not stand for an hour leading up to it. Thats why I would prefer the desert party but I guess I shall just have to wait and see if I can snag a reservation for that.
They let you sit until about 20 min before the show. Then they ask everyone to stand and move forward. We got there early and were able to stand at the edge of the stairs. People were in front of us, but we were taller than them.

I grabbed a couple of pictures from the Net.

The round area in the middle is the Storytellers/Wine Country reserved standing area.

1713906781960.jpeg

Here is a picture from the middle of the circle. You can see people standing. That area will be full of people with a roped off walk way behind them. Just at the end of the bricks, there are 4 or 5 steps where people will stand as well. To the right (where you can see the short wall and round lights) is a roped off walk way.

1713906811635.jpeg

They let you sit until about 20 min before the show. Then they ask everyone to stand and move forward. We got there early and were able to stand at the edge of the stairs. People were in front of us, but we were taller than them.

I grabbed a couple of pictures from the Net.

The round area in the middle is the Storytellers/Wine Country reserved standing area.

View attachment 854315

Here is a picture from the middle of the circle. You can see people standing. That area will be full of people with a roped off walk way behind them. Just at the end of the bricks, there are 4 or 5 steps where people will stand as well. To the right (where you can see the short wall and round lights) is a roped off walk way.

View attachment 854316
Thanks for that. Are there ramps to be able to get access down these step sections or are there only stairs. Just thinking if I want to stay in my ECV until just before showtime I wonder where I would be able to get access with it if it is all stairs.

Sorry to barge in on this thread but since people are only saying WOC area for people at Storytellers/Wine Country....where do people from the Magic Key Lounge stand? Is is the the same area as the other dining reservations. Thanks

Thanks for that. Are there ramps to be able to get access down these step sections or are there only stairs. Just thinking if I want to stay in my ECV until just before showtime I wonder where I would be able to get access with it if it is all stairs.
Yes, there are ramps everywhere.

And I believe the MK Lounge are in the same area. We didn't care for the MK menu so did Wine Country instead.

Last edited:
I was reading that the Storytellers Cafe WOC Dining Package is only available for dinner and that you can't actually make a specific reservation for it, you just show up and ask your server to upgrade you to the package at which time you will be given a ticket for the reserved viewing area. My questions is does anyone know if the reserved spaces sell out as I do see the disclaimer "Subject to Availability". I am debating about whether to go for this option or go with the lunch package at Wine Country Trattoria which has the same disclaimer but I figured if we had an early lunch there, we would almost certainly get a ticket as it would beat most other people. I am going to try for the dessert party but living in Australia the time zone difference means that by the time I get up to try and book most things are gone at the 60 days mark.

DO it before you go to bed. They become available at 6 am Pacific Time. The time difference, I’d think would work in your favor. Or set an alarm 20 minutes before hand to get up to make the reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter