• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook dining artist point dinner time to be back in MK for fireworks

PSUamanda

Earning My Ears
Looking for some advice on timing a dinner reservation. Currently we have a dinner reservation for storybook dining at artist point with snow white for 4:30. Half of the group is going to have a day at MK, and it's arrival day for the second half of the group (plane lands around 2:30). We're trying to balance the MK group getting back into MK in time for fireworks and the arrival group having time to get bags, get to hotel, get checked in and drop off bags, and make it to the restaurant.

We've been watching the reservations to see if we can push it back a bit from 4:30. We've seen 5:30 but that seems too late for the MK group. Thoughts? Suggestions? What time would you be aiming for?

Looking for some advice on timing a dinner reservation. Currently we have a dinner reservation for storybook dining at artist point with snow white for 4:30. Half of the group is going to have a day at MK, and it's arrival day for the second half of the group (plane lands around 2:30). We're trying to balance the MK group getting back into MK in time for fireworks and the arrival group having time to get bags, get to hotel, get checked in and drop off bags, and make it to the restaurant.

We've been watching the reservations to see if we can push it back a bit from 4:30. We've seen 5:30 but that seems too late for the MK group. Thoughts? Suggestions? What time would you be aiming for?
I should add... fireworks are at 8pm that night

What time does the restaurant open and what time are the fireworks?
ETA I see the fireworks time now 🙂

We were there last Saturday. Looking at my photo time stamps - we were seated at 6:45 and our photos with the evil Queen on the way out were at 8:15. When we checked in they told us they were running 20 behind but we got a text five minutes later that our table was ready so we actually ended up being seated earlier than our reservation time. HTH

OK thanks, 1.5 hrs is a good data point. I was planning closer to 2 hrs plus a half hour (?) to get the boat back over to MK. I know it's close, but not sure how long the boat takes or how long to wait for the boat to arrive.

OK thanks, 1.5 hrs is a good data point. I was planning closer to 2 hrs plus a half hour (?) to get the boat back over to MK. I know it's close, but not sure how long the boat takes or how long to wait for the boat to arrive.
can not answer for there but I would allow 40 minutes from arriving at dock back to MK to walking in the gate at MK as you could just miss the boat. I am basing this on Fort Wilderness boats

I'm assuming you are staying at WL? If not, the arrival group is going to have a tough time getting to the restaurant in time.

Honestly, to make it back to see the fireworks in time, I would stick to 4:30 pm. Personally, I wouldn't want to rush that dinner, plus the boat dock is a bit of a walk from the resort and you could be waiting 10 - 20 minutes just to get on a boat. You then have to go through security, go through the tapstiles and find a spot for the fireworks. It always seems to take longer than you think it will.

Is this the only night you can do Storybook? For the MK people, it would be much easier to do a dinner at Steakhouse 71, for instance, than boat over to WL for a longish character meal.

No, staying at all star sports, not WL. We have another MK day with everyone all together so I guess we could miss the fireworks after dinner. It just seemed like a 2:30 arrival into the area would be enough time to meet up for dinner and get back for fireworks. Might be cutting it close either way though.

2 hours seems way too tight for landing, getting bags, traveling to All Stars to drop off bags and check in, and then get to WL. You could Uber there from All Stars to WL to save time or else you are stuck getting a bus from All Stars to MK and then taking the boat over to Wilderness. I think you need to push the time back due to the second half of your group landing at 230. You may miss the fireworks, it could be close. Our meals at Artist Point typically are 1 1/2 hours, then budget 30-45 minutes to get to MK by boat. Maybe even longer if there is a big line if others are wanting to go back for fireworks as well.

No, staying at all star sports, not WL. We have another MK day with everyone all together so I guess we could miss the fireworks after dinner. It just seemed like a 2:30 arrival into the area would be enough time to meet up for dinner and get back for fireworks. Might be cutting it close either way though.

I don't think there is any way the arrival party will make it to WL for a 4:30 pm reservation. Personally, I would be looking for a Storybook reservation around 6:00 pm or so to allow the arrival party sufficient time to get there without feeling incredibly rushed and the MK party a little extra time to enjoy MK. I would watch the fireworks in MK on your other MK day. If you really want to see fireworks that night, consider switching ADRs to 'Ohana or Steakhouse 71 and watching them from Poly or CR.

Thanks everyone for the insight. It's looking like we may need to look for a later reservation and just assume we'll miss the fireworks. We'd probably take the boat back to MK either way just to get the bus to all star sports. Might just Uber depending on how the kids are holding up by the end of the night. We definitely plan to see the fireworks the night we will all be at MK together. But I'm a sucker for fireworks, especially in front of the castle and was hoping to see them twice haha. That's OK if that doesn't work out though, don't want to add too much stress with timing things too tight.

Can you see the fireworks from WL if we were getting out of dinner around 8? I'm guessing it's a pretty obstructed view, but might see some?

When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge pre-COVID, I found that the bus between the hotel and MK was a shorter ride and came more often than the boat.

I think people have mentioned watching the fireworks from the Geyser Point restaurant area at Wilderness Lodge. I'm sure someone will pop in with better info.

But if you're not going to try to fit in the fireworks, you don't have to limit yourself to restaurants near the MK (if that's the reason you chose that restaurant).

Thanks everyone for the insight. It's looking like we may need to look for a later reservation and just assume we'll miss the fireworks. We'd probably take the boat back to MK either way just to get the bus to all star sports. Might just Uber depending on how the kids are holding up by the end of the night. We definitely plan to see the fireworks the night we will all be at MK together. But I'm a sucker for fireworks, especially in front of the castle and was hoping to see them twice haha. That's OK if that doesn't work out though, don't want to add too much stress with timing things too tight.

Can you see the fireworks from WL if we were getting out of dinner around 8? I'm guessing it's a pretty obstructed view, but might see some?
You can see some of the MK fireworks from the Geyser Point area, it’s mainly the “higher” fireworks. If you decide to skip the MK fireworks, ask the FD what time the Electrical Water Pageant happens that night. It’s a Disney classic and can be seen from the Geyser Point area, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter