Stormalong Bay

DonaldDuckClub

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at Beach Club recently? I've booked a stay for 5 people in October. We were planning to invite some other family members to the hotel to use the pool for an afternoon. We've done this at other Disney resorts and it's not been an issue. I'm hearing things are pretty strict over at Beach Club and this will not be allowed. Can anyone offer some insight? I don't want to break the rules, but this was one of the primary reasons for booking this particular resort so any advice would be appreciated if you've stayed there recently! Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at Beach Club recently? I've booked a stay for 5 people in October. We were planning to invite some other family members to the hotel to use the pool for an afternoon. We've done this at other Disney resorts and it's not been an issue. I'm hearing things are pretty strict over at Beach Club and this will not be allowed. Can anyone offer some insight? I don't want to break the rules, but this was one of the primary reasons for booking this particular resort so any advice would be appreciated if you've stayed there recently! Thanks!

they usually scan magic bands to make sure you are a guest at YC/BC, then give you a wrist band. They have never allowed “pool hopping” or people not staying at the resort to use the pool

Technically, you should not be doing this at any Disney resort without getting a day pass for your guests at the front desk. They don't cost anything but they are not guaranteed. SAB is in such demand that Disney had to do something because it became overcrowded before they cracked down on pool hoppers. No one who is not staying in a YC/BC/BCV room is allowed access.

We stayed at YC mid June and they were very strict about only allowing BC and YC resort guests into the pool. They scan magic bands on the way in and check that all guests are on your resort reservation then they give you a wristband to wear. They were even strict about getting a new wristband when my daughter’s fell off while swimming.

In our stays pre and post they have been very strict about only letting BC/YC guests use the pool. This past Feb. we were staying at YC and stopped by HH for a drink after being at Epcot. We wanted to short cut through the pool area and had to show proof that we were staying at YC. I have seen them check all family members magic bands, not just the adults.

SAB is very strict. As others have said, they scan MBs and distribute wristbands only to registered resort guests. Your other family members would have to book a room for the night if they want to spend the day at the pool with you since you are at capacity in your room. May be cheaper to all meet up at BB for pool time?

They used to allow Boardwalk Villa DVC guests to pool-hop there, but last I knew of, they don't even allow that anymore. Only YC/BC guests now.

The only time BW guests were allowed at SAB was when the pool there was closed. SAB has always been a resort only, no hopping pool.

Hmmm...I must have stayed at BWV when the clown pool was closed, then. It's been a few years and I've slept since then. MB's proving we were staying at BWV were required for entry to SAB, though.

Posted rules which are closely followed. SAB is gated & as other posters said, each person entering has their magic band scanned to make sure they are a current Y & B guest. You are given a color coded wrist band which you show anytime you got in & out. And as someone who pays $$$ to stay there, I am happy they do this. Even with restrictions, SAB is often crowded & finding chairs can be a challenge.

F6416D74-E72A-406B-A72E-32CA00596D81.pngA78A6826-E580-4112-8717-F1C014B3E1CE.pngA95F86E1-7EEA-4534-BA5E-E0E581A4627E.png

Last edited:
When we were there in June we added my daughter’s friend to the room for one night so she could go to Hollywood Studios with us . It’s a $25 charge . They told me the only thing is she can’t use the pool . 😳 I said she’s here to celebrate her 16th birthday and has never been to Disney . The castmember had to get approval from her manager and gave us a special dated wristband for the pool . They check your wristbands or magic band on the way in to Stormalong Bay . There is no way you would be able to be people in that aren’t staying at BC/YC . It’s the hardest pool to get into .

The only time BW guests were allowed at SAB was when the pool there was closed. SAB has always been a resort only, no hopping pool.
It changed to no-DVC pool hopping when they opened the BCV. Before the BCV were built, it was okay to hop to SAB from other DVC resorts (as a DVC member staying on your own points). We did it a few times.

In October 2014 we had family staying at BWV and they came to SAB to meet us for a few hours one day. At that time we had no idea pool hopping wasn’t allowed. The cast members at the entrances rarely checked magic bands. If they checked at all, they only checked one person’s magic band in each party. The pool was definitely not crowded either so maybe that played a role. This was obviously many years ago lol. How times change!

When we were there in June we added my daughter’s friend to the room for one night so she could go to Hollywood Studios with us . It’s a $25 charge . They told me the only thing is she can’t use the pool . 😳 I said she’s here to celebrate her 16th birthday and has never been to Disney . The castmember had to get approval from her manager and gave us a special dated wristband for the pool . They check your wristbands or magic band on the way in to Stormalong Bay . There is no way you would be able to be people in that aren’t staying at BC/YC . It’s the hardest pool to get into .
That is crazy. If you paid extra to add another guest to your room, then she is most definitely a legit guest and all amenties available to other guests should apply to her as well. Otherwise, there is no point in paying the extra $$ to add her to your room. Sheesh, Disney what the fark. I'd be flipping and demanding my $ back if they told me that. Also if the extra guest is under 18, there should have been $0 charge. I would have added her to the res for the entire stay. The $25 extra per night charge is only if there are more than 2 adults 18+ in one room.

OP, we stayed at BC in March and there was actually a line forming at the gate due to social distancing of chairs and limiting the # of guests they let in. I doubt they're doing that now but they've been very strict about who gets into the pool area for years.

It changed to no-DVC pool hopping when they opened the BCV. Before the BCV were built, it was okay to hop to SAB from other DVC resorts (as a DVC member staying on your own points). We did it a few times.

We’ve stayed at Y & B since before either BW resort or BCV were built & I always remember it being Y & B guests only. But I’m old & maybe I forgot that. Thanks.

As far back as I can remember, SAB has always been for guests of that resort only. Even when my parents stayed at BC, we didn't try to use the pool. The rest of us were staying at Pop. Could all of you meet at Blizzard Beach instead?

What if you are staying at Beach Club but do not have magicbands? My family is doing a resort only stay there in a few nights and will not have magicbands since we are not visiting any parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter