STK is NOT participating in any dining plans!

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
Samnbilly booked an adr last year for this year. When they arrived were informed that stk is not participating w any dining plans. Disneys menu says the same

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/stk-steakhouse/
w the popularity of dining plans surging, (imho), how will they do w this withdrawal?

edited to add this from the disney go page
Reservations
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made online or by calling the restaurant directly at (407) 917-7440. STK Orlando is open for lunch and dinner daily as well as weekend brunch (Saturdays and Sundays only). Same-day bookings are not accepted.

(bolding is mine)
same day bookings not accepted? Do they do walkups?

We went there last year. Very expensive. And very pretentious. Steaks were good but is ant steak really worth $50 for a small filet or more? And wine was about $20 a glass. But they take TIW or st least did last year. I just looked and they are still listed as a participating restaurant for TIW. The 20% off kept the price for 3 of us to below $200.

I think they will do just fine. Plenty of people not using the dining plan. And maybe this will give the restaurant more freedom

I think they will do just fine. Plenty of people not using the dining plan. And maybe this will give the restaurant more freedom
Agreed about people not using the dining plans . Disney Springs seems to be bringing a lot of people not staying on property so they are paying out of pocket. Plus many of us on property don't get it either. STK's success or failure will be due to other factors.

Agreed about people not using the dining plans . Disney Springs seems to be bringing a lot of people not staying on property so they are paying out of pocket. Plus many of us on property don't get it either. STK's success or failure will be due to other factors.
If the food quality, service & atmosphere are in line with the pricing they will thrive. The restaurants in the swan & dolphin never were on the ddp and they are some of the best on property

The swolphin has the added benefit of being a huge resort w a very high convention base. I wouldn’t compare swolphin restaurants w DS.

my other thought here is only 1 other restaurant that I recall leaving the dining plan what? A decade ago? Paddlefish
they did not thrive and eventually came back

if the popularity of the dining plans tank again, then maybe they will thrive? But w the added feature of alcohol and the food price increases and the plan prices remaining pretty stagnant? We will see if they thrive or survive

We always had great meals at STK but we paid OOP at those times. Even this past November trip we had DxDP and I considered going there but couldn’t talk myself into using 2 credits for a place where the menu is almost all a la carte.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter