Stimulus check ??????????

Judy Judy Judy

Meet Me In St. Louis!
Is there another Stimulus check coming out in May????? At work I keep hearing alot about this but haven't seen anything on the news about it?

I think there might be a $250 stimulous payment coming for social security recipients.

CHRISTMAS IN MAY. Congress wanted low-income individuals to get some kind of a stimulus benefit even if they don’t owe income tax and, thus, cannot take advantage of the new $400 stimulus credit. So the new law created a one-time $250 payment for these Social Security and SSI recipients. Payments will be mailed or directly deposited in May – and they are subject to federal offsets for delinquent state income taxes. Details are available at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10519.pdf

Shouldn't this thread be deleted? Talking about the stimulus could lead to political arguing?

Shouldn't this thread be deleted? Talking about the stimulus could lead to political arguing?

:rolleyes:

Any subject could possibly turn into a political argument IF YOU LET IT. Are you going to question every thread now since the change?

OP yes, social security recipients will get a one time check in May as stated above.

:rolleyes:

Any subject could possibly turn into a political argument IF YOU LET IT. Are you going to question every thread now since the change?

OP yes, social security recipients will get a one time check in May as stated above.

No, but I will question any that has to do with politics. A thread about a stimulus that was voted on by congress is a political thread. Just makes you wonder why some would not be deleted and others, say ones about our current president, would be :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info...my son receives SSI because of his father disability. We could sure use it! :thumbsup2

as for the tax tables changing you will not have to pay it back next year. The tables will be adjusted so when you file at the end of the year you will owe less. Not sure you will see a big difference at tax time, but you should have notices about $4 more a week in your check.

No, but I will question any that has to do with politics. A thread about a stimulus that was voted on by congress is a political thread. Just makes you wonder why some would not be deleted and others, say ones about our current president, would be :rolleyes:

You can discuss certain things, just not bring in the politics and debate.
That's how I take it.

FTR-I think it all stinks, but we arent TPTB :sad1: Their decision.

Jodi

If people would just answer the OP's questions without putting in their own two cents, no, this should't lead to "political arguging." I know it must be hard for some people, but I'm sure they can learn to deal with it.

OP -- there is a check for SS recipients. Not sure of the amount or details.

As far as the tax credit, no check for that, but when you file your taxes next year your tax liabilty will be $400 or $800 less, if you qualify. They are going to attempt to take out fewer income taxes from your paychecks during the year, so ideally it should even out, but YMMV.

Best thing to do is use the IRS Witholding Calculator:
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter