Still bumming :(

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
My husband's job is very unstable and after discussing it this past week, we decided to push our Jan 2010 trip to Disney out to November 2010. I am so bumming. I know we're lucky to go at all during 2010 but the wait just seems SO FAR AWAY! We had all our ADRs done and got every single restaurant we really wanted for our Jan trip. I was so damn excited, now I just have to look forward to a really cold and boring winter at home :(

I know you guys will understand!

The bright side is maybe you will get to enjoy some of the magic of the holidays in Disney when you do go AND you will have a better chance of being able to use the pools because the weather is not as iffy as in Jan.

You also will have a good chance of getting all of the ADRs you want by booking 180 days out...

It will all work out - try to just see the positive...:grouphug:

Maybe it is for the better. Now when Feburary comes you can dream about what it will be like in November when your down at D. :goodvibes

We had to do the same thing a couple years ago. It will all work out for the best. You will be able to enjoy the holidays there instead and that is soooo very magical at Disney World. You may find that you enjoy it even more and that it was well worth the wait. I can certainly understand being bummed, though. Hang in there, though. Don't let it get you down for the holidays.

I'm sorry. What the others have said is true... November will be so festive... but... I also have a very hard time waiting and can totally understand the heartbreak. :hug: I forgot to check if your location was listed before I posted... if you are not too far away could you just go for, like three days at a value in January? If you are a plane trip away then I understand you can't. I was supposed to wait until next Christmas but with a good discount and my sister sharing expenses we are slipping away for three days in December. I can drive though. It is 600 miles though... I prefer to fly and we got an amazing deal this summer for $83 each RT. Not so much now.

Okay, sorry, rambling but it will be way more festive in November and January weather is very unpredictable. I have been there when it has been cold and rainy and unfun outside.

:hug:I am SO sorry to hear about your delayed trip.:sad2: Maybe you guys can use the extra time to save up a little extra $ and treat your family to something extra special like a fireworks cruise or something like that...:goodvibes To me the planning is a LOT of fun, so maybe you can really tweak your trip for the better! Good luck with everything.

Sorry you had to change your plans. But as you said, you will be able to go in 2010, and so many cannot go at all. I understand your need to go in January though. I like going that time of year as I am originally from MA and it is darn cold up there in January. Probably somewhat similar in PA weather-wise. When you go in November though, you will likely be able to see all the holiday deco. If you have never done that, it is so amazing! good luck with your plans. And as a previous poster mentioned, you will be able to book ADR's 180 days out so you should be able to get most of the places you want by doing that.

My brother and I had to do something similar. We were planning to go in late March 2010 but with Christmas coming up and all we decided to wait and go later so we could buy Christmas presents for people lol. Its cool though. A little waiting never killed anybody(for the most part; dying of boredom aside lol.)

I'm sorry you had to reschedule your trip. I know how you feel. We had the same thing happen to our trip. I had every ADR we wanted for the exact times that we wanted. I was even able to get a dinner ADR at CRT for Mother's Day. Actually we've had to change this trip so many times that it has become a running joke.

Have fun planning your trip.

I'm sorry to hear that - it's funny though God works in mysterious ways... quick story which ended up costing us big bucks but I believe it was meant to be... we were booked POR, DH was pressuring me to pay the balance early as the cdn dollar was strong but I was gambling on the dollar going to par... I came down the flu (ended up being clinically confirmed H1N1), because of all the time I spent on the disboards convinced myself (and ultimitely DH) we should be AKL instead of POR. Who the heck knows where you may end up ten months later :rotfl:

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your trip is pushed back so much further. If you're anything like me, you've been saying, "On this date is xx many months, I'll be doing xxxx and xxx." You've made your ADRs, you're mentally all geared up for it....and then its not happening when its supposed to. It is very disappointing and I can sympathize with that.

On the brighter side, I am glad you'll still be able to go!

Sending some pixie dust your way to help make the wait pass a little faster!

We have had to change WDW plans many times over the past year and a half because of the economy. Our next trip was going to be in December but now we are looking to February........the buy four nights, get three free with tickets is a better fit for us financially. I am not going to complain because God has blessed us with the means to keep our family WDW trip a reality in these tough times......be happy with your trip no matter what time of the year you get to go because in today's economy being able to go at all is a gift.

:thumbsup2

I know how you must feel. Especially after getting all of the ADRs you wanted and the possible work you may have put into getting them must burn you up, i know it would me. Can you take a local mini trip for 2 nights somewhere other than Disney so you have something to look forward to? I usually take little mini trips throughout the year with the kids for a night or two and its great because it tides me over until our longer vacations during the summer.

I certainly understand the disappointment. Doesn't it stink to be an adult and have to be responsible?

Here's sending a bit of pixie dust the wait goes fast and your hsuband's job stays secure.

I know that it can be disappointing to lose something that you had been anticipating with such happiness. But you're still planning to go and that's a big plus.

Set up a new countdown timer and watch for that 180-day mark so that you can make your ADRs. If you love the planning stages as much as I so, this will give you more time to enjoy this phase.

November will be a nice time to visit with all of the holiday decorations up. Take a look at the Holiday Highlights Around the World for information on attractions, events and not-to-be-missed holiday displays. It's going to be great.

I was feeling your pain, when at the 45 day mark this past August, we decided to cancel our September trip .... DH job was getting shaky and didn't want to take any chances .... however, after some unfortunate family issues and sadness with some family and close friends, we decided our children are children only once, and we need to celebrate them and their health ... so we're throwing financial and partential obligations away and surprising them with a trip this December --- it is extremely irresponsible, we're pulling them out of school for 7 days and cutting back on lots of christmas presents, but with all the sadness these last few months, Disney is the only medicine!!!

I hope your holidays go well and that you can enjoy them -- November will be here before you know it!! Hang in there!! and you never know when a surprise trip my pop up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter