• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Sticks and stones may break my bones.........

VolleyballQt07

<font color=darkorchid>~*D.M.L. forever in our hea

But words will never hurt."

I try to follow this saying and I'm pretty good in doing so. Its just there are some things people say that really get to me. (I'll post one later) I mean I try to just let them blow by me but there are some sayings that hurt really bad. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Like tonight for example:

Over the weekend, one of my old friends(shes now 15) from 5th grade was in a bad car accident(w/ a 15yr old driving) and shes now in serious condition. I was talking to my mom about it and she was like that is why I never want you in a car with your friends. I told her I know, I'd always want to drive or I won't go. And my brother(6yrs) said yeah and you get in a car accident and kill all your friends. I asked him what would happen I was killed in a car accident. He said he'd be happy. And he was serious! I mean I may be taking this a little extreme but it hurt deeply. Then my mom said thats not nice and say your sorry and hes like no! I meant it. Like I said hes only 6 but it still hurt. I went up to my room and I started crying literally. Am I that awful to them that they wouldn't care if I were killed? I just, I dunno. I felt crushed. I thought to myself, what would everyone do I were killed? Would they care, would they be happy? This just really got to me and I didn't know who else to tell but you guys. :hug: If I told my mom she'd probally laugh in my face and say get over it because hes just 6. But I don't know.

Thanks for listening. :blush:

HATE tht saying...SOOO not true, i think words cut much deeper and leave more permanant scars...thts y being a girl sux sometimes

Over the weekend, one of my old friends(shes now 15) from 5th grade was in a bad car accident(w/ a 15yr old driving) and shes now in serious condition. I was talking to my mom about it and she was like that is why I never want you in a car with your friends. I told her I know, I'd always want to drive or I won't go. And my brother(6yrs) said yeah and you get in a car accident and kill all your friends. I asked him what would happen I was killed in a car accident. He said he'd be happy. And he was serious! I mean I may be taking this a little extreme but it hurt deeply. Then my mom said thats not nice and say your sorry and hes like no! I meant it. Like I said hes only 6 but it still hurt. I went up to my room and I started crying literally. Am I that awful to them that they wouldn't care if I were killed? I just, I dunno. I felt crushed. I thought to myself, what would everyone do I were killed? Would they care, would they be happy? This just really got to me and I didn't know who else to tell but you guys. :hug: If I told my mom she'd probally laugh in my face and say get over it because hes just 6. But I don't know.

I feel the EXACT same way! My brother who is 12 is like that. He say's mean thing's to my grandma and make's her cry and my mom is like sya sorry and he is like No. And she tell's him he has too but he just say's fine but I won't mean it.

He constanly calls me name's and after a while it just get's to me and make's me think they are real.

Don't worry Brit,Your family would deeply miss you. Sometime's little brother's are just pains who like to hurt sibling's feelings.

:hug:

:hug: I'd care if you were killed. You're important to us. I like to read your posts, and I love the fact that you're so dedicated to volleyball.

I am the youngest in my family and the only girl with two older brothers. I don't ever remember saying anything that would be hurtfull towards my family when I was younger. I may have said alot of stupid things, but nothing that would be intentionally hurtfull.

I am the youngest in my family and the only girl with two older brothers. I don't ever remember saying anything that would be hurtfull towards my family when I was younger. I may have said alot of stupid things, but nothing that would be intentionally hurtfull.

I wish my brother was like. He like's to perposely say thing's to get a rise out of me and sometime's just to hurt my feelings.:(

:hug: I'd care if you were killed. You're important to us. I like to read your posts, and I love the fact that you're so dedicated to volleyball.

Thanks. :hug: I broke down in the shower too. This is what I typed and I'm sending it to my mom:

Am I Seriously Loved and Welcome on this planet?

I don't feel like it. One of my friends was in a car accident and my brother said he'd be happy if I were killed in one. It hurt really really bad. I even went upstairs to cry and I cried in the shower. It made me feel like crap. I mean seriously. Am I loved? What would my family do if I were killed? Would they be happy? Probally.

And with my volleyball team. ****** and ****** could care less about me. If I died, eh. They wouldn't care. Half the time I think my coach doesn't even want me at practice.

I feel like crap alot and I am starting to wonder what am I doing here? Do I belong? Because I don't think I do.

So I can't wait to see what she says. I just feel like I don't have a purpose to be here anymore. :sad1:

Thanks. :hug: I broke down in the shower too. This is what I typed and I'm sending it to my mom:

So I can't wait to see what she says. I just feel like I don't have a purpose to be here anymore. :sad1:

Yes, you do. Volleyball. Sure, you're saying things about people on your team, but, are you sure you're just saying them to fuel your emotions? Britt, you're alive because volleyball is what keeps you going. Don't give up on it now. You're on a national team (I believe.) You're good, whether you want to admit it or not.

You're in the HoF. People around here love you enough to have voted for you. You're an inspiration to newcomers. And you're an inspiration to me.

Yes, you do. Volleyball. Sure, you're saying things about people on your team, but, are you sure you're just saying them to fuel your emotions? Britt, you're alive because volleyball is what keeps you going. Don't give up on it now. You're on a national team (I believe.) You're good, whether you want to admit it or not.

You're in the HoF. People around here love you enough to have voted for you. You're an inspiration to newcomers. And you're an inspiration to me.

:hug: Thank You for caring. :hug: YOu are helping me a little. :)

Ok, time to go cry myself to sleep now. Good Nite everyone :sad1:

Awe sweetie. I'd care a lot of you were killed, I'd miss you terribly. He's just 6 and he most likely didn't mean what he said. Of course you are loved.

Brit, you know where to find me if you want to talk. <3 ya.

And yes, words can hurt a LOT more than actual physical pain.

Everyone and I mean everyone has a purpose to be here on this planet. I guarentee you and I don't even know you at all that there are a whole bunch of people that would be devasted if you were killed. You have to remember that your brother is a child and sometimes a kid that age can spout off stuff without even thinking. And also remember that you are not in the wrong here so try not to put this on yourself. Remember that you are not at fault and saying things like people don't like me and could care less about you kinda put the fault on you. I hope you Mom reads what you wrote and really sits down with your younger brother and sets him straight, because things should not be said like that, that aim to hurt.

that saying is actually on a bullying:the myths poster in our school.

i've had physical and verbal fights with my best friends, the only ones to have any impact have been the verbal yes the physical hurt in an ouch cu my knee sort of way but nothing like the verbal

I've hardly ever hurt physically.
Words hurt me.
I also tend to exagerrate what people say to me, and it repeats in my head over and over and I get in a 'nothing matters' mood.

All of my friends think its amazing that when i get critisized i just brush it off and go on like nothing happened. sometimes when people say hurtful things i just brush it off or come back with a great come back and then we all laugh about it. but its not like that all the time there are just somethings that people say that really cut me deep i just put up this shield and brush it off when my friends are around so they dont see that emotional side of me. but when know one is looking i break apart i rarely ever show that side to anyone because i dont want to seem like im weak to them. some of my friends tell me that you shouldn't care what other people think of you, but in all honestly everyone cares about what other people say and think about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter