Steakhouse 71, Trattoria al Forno, or Grand Floridian Cafe?

disney gym mom

Mouseketeer
We are having a hard time deciding which of these 3 is the better option. It’s just for a nice relaxing dinner on a night off from the parks. Thoughts appreciated!

We love SH71, but is very loud. It feels more adult than some places.

There is construction around GFC.

I haven't eaten at Trattoria al Forno.

I would go Grand Floridian Cafe because we love the open airy environment and they have good food, good service and good value. My second choice would be Steakhouse 71. More crowded feeling there and no windows etc. so a darker vibe. Trattoria al Forno we like as well, but less than the other two and totally different area obviously.

The Tratt gets quite noisy, too, but I think the atmosphere, open kitchen and terrific food put it a cut above Stk71.

That's not to say Stk71 isn't pretty good. However, I find the decor bland compared with how colorful and cozy the Tratt is. We've also had consistently better service at the latter. Service at Stk71 can be very sketchy when it's busy. Great for an early breakfast, though.

We like GF Cafe for reasons given by PalmettoPath. Haven't ever had less than delicious food there.

A tough choice, honestly. They all three have their virtues.

I personally like the food at Steakhouse71 the best from this list, however for a more all-encompassing experience I'd go with GFC, then have a cocktail at Enchanted Rose.

If you go to Trattoria al Forno, you can hang out at the Boardwalk afterwards. There's quite a bit to do and see in that area. Unless you wanted one of the other two to be part of a monorail crawl, you'll get more out of your evening at the Boardwalk, IMO.

I vote Trattoria. If you want a relaxing night. Plus the food is so good. Its nice to walk the boardwalk afterwards, with the lake there and the breeze. Plus the ice cream shop is right there :)

I'd rank them S71, Trattoria and then GFC. Decision would probably depend on which was easier to get to/from and where you intend to be then.

My vote is for Trattoria. I just love the atmosphere of the Boardwalk!

I'd go with SH71. Have very thoroughly enjoyed it the 2 times I have dined there. GFC is ok. I have gone there a few times over the years (most recently last September) and the restaurant just does not come close to being anything exciting for me. Probably skipping this year. And Trattoria - we have not been to because the menu just does not catch my eye.

Last trip we had dinner at both Trattoria and Steakhouse 71. Steakhouse 71 was our favorite meal of the entire trip. It was fantastic! I am a fan of Grand Floridian Cafe, but for breakfast.

We are having a hard time deciding which of these 3 is the better option. It’s just for a nice relaxing dinner on a night off from the parks. Thoughts appreciated!
We've never eaten at Steakhouse 71, but we were pleasantly surprised by how good Trattoria al Forno is. We loved it and it was kind of a "meh" reservation in our minds when we booked it. I would probably choose there.

All three have good food and are at a similar price point, along with Ale & Compass in our meal rotations. We think of Steakhouse 71 and Grand Floridian Cafe as lunch options on MK park days while Trattoria al Forno (and A&C) is a dinner favorite. It’s hard to go wrong with any of these options.

Last trip this past September we went to Steakhouse 71 and we loved it !!! We were staying at the Contemporary so we even went there for breakfast one morning and that was great also We will be there at the end of July and have a reservation for Steakhouse 71 again

I don't think any location will be more or less relaxing than the others. They're all your normal resort table service restaurants. Trattoria probably has the best food, SH71 is second and is a good value for steak on property, and GF Cafe is solid but nothing really stands out.

If you go to Trattoria al Forno, you can hang out at the Boardwalk afterwards. There's quite a bit to do and see in that area. Unless you wanted one of the other two to be part of a monorail crawl, you'll get more out of your evening at the Boardwalk, IMO.
Speaking of monorail crawl, my wife and I have two nights free in early October. Going to do the mono-crawl second night but are going to try the Gondo-crawl the first night because we are staying at Pop for one night. Thinking drinks at Sebastions, Toppolinos, Bar Riva, Abracadabar, Crews cup and Martha's Vineyard. Don't think I have heard much about that crawl.

As for the question, I really liked our dinner at TAF last time we were there. Ate at 71 twice and actually preferred it for breakfast over dinner. GFC is ok, but we just are not a fan of the vibe at the GF. Usually just go do a drink at Misner's /now Enchanted rose. I would pick TAF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter