Staying on property but buying tix off property?

fairyjess

Earning My Ears
I've been driving myself insane trying to figure out ways to save money on our upcoming trip, and I had a thought and can't find any info on it. Has anyone ever stayed on-property, but bought park tickets elsewhere? (Like undercover tourist). I am considering this because we have two small children, including a princess obsessed three year old, and I want the best shot at making reservations for characters ADRs, as well as the convenience of staying close by. And we may want to try the dining plan because of the character meals. But I could save some $ (and therefore stay at a better resort) by purchasing the tickets offsite, and maybe using rewards points to get them. Is there a downside to this that I am missing? Can I not make FP+ reservations the same way or something?

I figure the cost is the difference between staying at Pop Century vs Art of Animation or Contemporary. Thoughts on all of this appreciated - thanks!

I've been driving myself insane trying to figure out ways to save money on our upcoming trip, and I had a thought and can't find any info on it. Has anyone ever stayed on-property, but bought park tickets elsewhere? (Like undercover tourist). I am considering this because we have two small children, including a princess obsessed three year old, and I want the best shot at making reservations for characters ADRs, as well as the convenience of staying close by. And we may want to try the dining plan because of the character meals. But I could save some $ (and therefore stay at a better resort) by purchasing the tickets offsite, and maybe using rewards points to get them. Is there a downside to this that I am missing? Can I not make FP+ reservations the same way or something?

I figure the cost is the difference between staying at Pop Century vs Art of Animation or Contemporary. Thoughts on all of this appreciated - thanks!

We bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist for this past trip and had no problems linking them in advance so I could book FP+. They shipped quickly to my home.

If you want to do the Dining plan, you can call Disney to book a ticketless package. (If there is "free Dining" available for your stay, you would not be eligible since you would have to purchase the tickets through Disney as part of the package.) Ticketless packages cannot be booked online.

I have ordered tickets through Maple Leaf in the past and picked them up in Orlando and they were great too.

I'm not sure which "Rewards Points" you are referring to, but you would not be able to use Disney Visa rewards points to buy tickets from anyone but Disney.

I'm staying at the AoA and I bought my tickets on Orbitz. I literally just got off the phone with Disney. They were able to link my tickets 48 hours after I purchased them. I saved more money purchasing through Orbitz than through Disney and UT. I bought a 5 day tix with park hopper for the price of 3 ($667 for 2 people for 5 days with a park hopper).

UT is great. We bought from them but stayed onsite previously and will do it again on our next trip. Look for the special UT offer from Mousesavers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter