Staying in DVC resort during Irma- getting to main resort lobby

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
My family is stuck here for the hurricane and are staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas. I heard from many people on the boards here and on facebook groups that the deluxe resorts may have activities, characters, games, etc for guests who are at the hotel during the hurricane. I was very excited about this but then realized that the villas are not actually IN the main lobby and you would have to walk there- I would never ever ever even TRY to walk outside in the hurricane but was wondering if anyone who has stayed in any DVC resort during last years hurricane (since most DVC rooms are not "attached" to the main lobby) did you go to the lobby for the activities/food?

You bring up a good point. For WLVillas, there's a little lobby downstairs, the IronSpike room I think. They really ought to have things there, but I bet they don't. I wonder what, if anything, is available at OKW or SSR

My family was at the Contemporary for Hurricane Jean. Even in a "all in one" type resort, we were made to stay in our rooms through the worst of the storm. As things began to settle they provided food, activities, characters etc... in the main 4th floor area there.

I can imagine during the worst of the storm they would want their guest to stay in their rooms. But I guess if your at SSR or OKW, you would be in your room mostly anyways.

I think the area from the Villas to the WL Lobby is covered and it's short, so perhaps you could walk over.

As they have said on The Weather Channel-Run from the flood, Hide from the wind. At the height of the storm I would not be going from the villas to the main lobby. Stay safe!

It would be possible to have some activities in the BRV lobby, wasn't the nighttime movies on the beach moved in there during the construction?

People. just remember that you wanting activities means cast members have to be there to provide them, and get to and from the activities. Please be considerate and appreciative of all the many cast members that are staying onsite to take care of you while they have their own homes and families to worry about. Pray for everyones safety

The resort should provide you with an instruction sheet as to when you should stay in your room and when you can go to the small lobby at Boulder Ridge or to the main lobby at Wilderness Lodge. I understand Disney has distributed information to all hotel rooms saying that guests should expect to be restricted to their rooms for 24-36 hours and to stock up on food, snacks and drinks for that time period. Some guests are reporting that the QS is selling lunch bags, with a sandwich, yogurt and snack included. Another smaller sheet says to check the TV, channel 3 for further instructions.

During a "potential" natural disaster. which could include Tornados, where people could die, not sure Disney should be focused on entertaining guests. Safety for guests and CM's is #1 priority.

OK - you are going to be Golden..... We are DVC members, HOMED at BRV.

Now - no, they won't want you walking over to the Main Lodge. That would endanger you.
Most likely? Ride Out Crew CMs will bring food to the BRV lobby. And risk themselves doing this.

All will be well. "Well" does not mean perfect... Your WL Ride Out Crew CMs will stay with you, and work solid 16 hour shifts. We have a dear adopted daughter at the GF, doing just this, right now. She went "on" at 2 PM Sat. She will not be "off" until Monday afternoon, earliest. Sunday morning? On at 7 AM. Her very theoretical shift ends Sunday night, 8 PM :). Unless they need folks to sandbag...

Let's hear it for the Ride Out Crew, in EVERY Hotel!

OK - you are going to be Golden..... We are DVC members, HOMED at BRV.

Now - no, they won't want you walking over to the Main Lodge. That would endanger you.
Most likely? Ride Out Crew CMs will bring food to the BRV lobby. And risk themselves doing this.

All will be well. "Well" does not mean perfect... Your WL Ride Out Crew CMs will stay with you, and work solid 16 hour shifts. We have a dear adopted daughter at the GF, doing just this, right now. She went "on" at 2 PM Sat. She will not be "off" until Monday afternoon, earliest. Sunday morning? On at 7 AM. Her very theoretical shift ends Sunday night, 8 PM :). Unless they need folks to sandbag...

Let's hear it for the Ride Out Crew, in EVERY Hotel!

Wow. I've never heard of the Ride Out Crew. Hope your daughter and everyone else on the resort stays safe!

So we are staying at the vgf and has to checkout tomorrow. We do have another hotel room in the main building booked.

If it’s a curfew until tomorrow at 6.00pm how can we checkout and checkin?

So we are staying at the vgf and has to checkout tomorrow. We do have another hotel room in the main building booked.

If it’s a curfew until tomorrow at 6.00pm how can we checkout and checkin?
Why don't you simply ask the front desk?

The curfew is for driving around on the roads to keep the roads clear for emergency crews to clear the hazards. I don't think moving within the resort will be a problem.

The curfew is for driving around on the roads to keep the roads clear for emergency crews to clear the hazards. I don't think moving within the resort will be a problem.

The curfew was lifted at 11am so we are fine. We got to keep the villa until 2-3pm.

IMG_0339.jpg We are at Saratoga Springs. There are trees down and some other landscape damage. They've asked that we stay within the resort and if you choose to walk outside that you stay aware of your surroundings. We did have activities yesterday in the community hall until 7:30pm. My guess is that they will resume those again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter