Staying in a room you aren’t booked in

Toon crazy

Mouseketeer
So we are looking to book two rooms on the Wonder in October. An inside stateroom which my Mother In Law would occupy and an Oceanview for my Wife my daughter and I. I noticed that if I book my daughter in with my Mother In Law it saves a few hundred dollars. Even if both rooms are Oceanview it still saves us hundreds of dollars. For health monitoring my daughter would actually need to stay with my wife and I in our room. Do you think it would matter if we booked both rooms put my daughter on my Mother In Laws room but actually had her stay in ours? Would Disney permit it. We would make sure to tip the Stateroom hosts appropriately of course. We would add for ours but keep the tips for the other so they don’t lose out. Does anyone have experience with this?

So we are looking to book two rooms on the Wonder in October. An inside stateroom which my Mother In Law would occupy and an Oceanview for my Wife my daughter and I. I noticed that if I book my daughter in with my Mother In Law it saves a few hundred dollars. Even if both rooms are Oceanview it still saves us hundreds of dollars. For health monitoring my daughter would actually need to stay with my wife and I in our room. Do you think it would matter if we booked both rooms put my daughter on my Mother In Laws room but actually had her stay in ours? Would Disney permit it. We would make sure to tip the Stateroom hosts appropriately of course. We would add for ours but keep the tips for the other so they don’t lose out. Does anyone have experience with this?
You certainly may book your daughter in your MIL's room. Just be aware that she (your daughter) will have to attend the muster drill for the room she's booked into, NOT the one she's sleeping in.

She will be able to sleep in your room, just let your room host know you need the bed made out in your room for her.

If you have rooms next door to each other (or across the passageway) then the room host would most likely be the same for both rooms.

Have you looked into connecting rooms? There are some on the Wonder.

Also, If you do book your daughter in MIL's room, she (your MIL) will have to give permission for you to take your daughter off the ship without her (MIL) being present. Yes, even though she's YOUR daughter, the adult in the room she's actually booked into has to give permission for an adult in a different room to take minors off the ship. Sorry, you don't mention daughter's age, but I'm figuring she's young.

Happens all the time and Disney doesn’t care where people sleep. You’ll hear on here that you need to make sure your daughter goes to the correct muster station (for the room she’s in) and you will also want to make sure you’ve signed the right form for who is allowed to take her ashore. But other than that it will be fine.

Just saw post above. Another way you could do it is to book one of you in with MIL. The price should be the same with 4 of you.

I have read that lots of people do this. I would reconsider putting an adult w/ your DMIL. DCL does not care where everyone sleeps. There will be complications w/ a child in the room w/ DGM. You and your DMIL will have to sign some kind of paper in order to take DD off of the ship even during disembarkation. Also, there is the possibility that the two rooms will not be assigned to the same life boat.

I have to agree. Put your wife in your MIL's room, not your daughter. Your wife still gets to stay in your room, but for the muster station, it will be easier. You will have to give your wife permission to take your daughter off, but that will feel a lot different than asking your MIL to fill out the form for your wife and you. Also, in the event of an emergency, you can be responsible for your daughter and not burden your MIL with that requirement.

BTW - if grandma wants to give you guys a night alone, your DD can stay in her room and still no one will care.

So I had one more question. If my wife is booked in the room with my Mother In Law would I be able to get her a KTW card for my room? Want her to be able to charge to my room.

Card, yes - I think so.

In terms of her charging, when your MIL does her online check-in (or you do it for her), you can set the payment method for each person in there so you could put your CC down for your wife. She could not charge to your room without being officially in your room.

We have done this before because of age. My sons were almost 18, 14 and 12, on one of our cruises, so I had to book one of us in their room. We were right across the hall from them, no problems. Same Muster Station.

This January, my husband is booked in one room and I am in the other on the suggestion of a DCL cast member, when I was booking. DH and I am Gold, sons are not. I was booking 2 rooms during gold period. Rooms are once again, near each other. Sons are now 25, 22 and 20!!

From what I understand, you can get a second KTTW card on board although you apparently cannot when checking in (or at least, I couldn't) - but I think it is a "blank" one that basically just opens doors.

From what I understand, you can get a second KTTW card on board although you apparently cannot when checking in (or at least, I couldn't) - but I think it is a "blank" one that basically just opens doors.

I got the extra KTTW cards at Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter