• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying Before/After PCC 2.0

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
OK, some folks have already turned their thoughts to traveling to/from PCC 2.0 and issues about when to arrive/leave as well as where to stay.

Since the cruise leaves on Sunday 12/12, I'm guessing that Val & I are going to arrive at WDW on either Friday 12/10, or more likely Saturday 12/11. On the other end, I can't see flying home on Thursday since we could stay a couple of nights and I would only have to use one more vacation day. But, we've got to get back so we can turn around and fly down to Houston for Christmas a few days later. So on the back end, we're thinking we would fly home on Saturday 12/18.

Where to stay? No doubt we will be booking OKW at the 11 month window. But I suspect there will be a DATW either before (12/11?) or after (12/17) the cruise and that a place to stay in crawling distance of Epcot would be desirable. So, we are planning on wait listing for BCV/BWV at the 7 month window.

What are others planning?

We were just talking about this over the weekend. We were thinking about flying down on Thursday before the cruise and then fly home right after. We'll book SSR at 11 months, but I am hoping to score a room at BCV at 7 months. I had wanted to spend a few days at Universal on this trip, but that doesn't seem in the cards since vacation time is tight next year due to the 3 weeks we are spending in Europe this summer.

We are looking to fly down on Friday staying at BLT and then going over to Universal after to take in Harry Potter. We will probably fly home on Saturday especially if the Ravens have a home football game on Sunday. I'm praying the NFL scheduling gods put the Ravens on the road on the 12th!

Looking to arrive on Friday, 12/10 and stay at VWL for the 2 nights before the cruise.

Then planning to stay 12/16-12/22 at BLT after the cruise.

This is just where we would like to stay. I'm sure availability is going to be a booger!

PRE- Friday & Saturday BLT
POST- AKV concierge
The 17th is my birthday so we will be whooping it up!!! :thumbsup2

I am at AKL from 12/4 - 12/12 then POFQ from 12/16 - 12/20. I plan on going over to see HP at Universal during some point of this trip.

I'm looking at staying at AKV before and after. Probably come down the Friday before and leave the Saturday after. I may change to an Epcot resort at the 7 month DVC mark if available.

Thinking of AKL Kidani pre and post cruise. We're coming down Thursday and will go home the following Sunday.

We will be booking BLT later this week and then possibly changing it later to an Epcot resort at 7 mark for a few nights, haven't decided on that part yet.

We are heading home after we depart the ship probably, if we do stay it will only be for one night as I will need to get home and get ready for Christmas

We will be coming down early Saturday morning, hopefully staying at our home DVC resort, VWL, in a studio that night.

After the cruise, we'll stay Thursday and Friday nights, probably at VWL again. but in a one bedroom. (We might switch to something different at 7 months.) We'll come home Saturday afternoon evening.

Last time, we had a meet and greet on Saturday night (at the Poly - but I doubt that would be the location again - it was dark) and DATW was on the Friday night after the cruise. That worked out great in my opinion and I'm hoping for the same!

We're planning to head down on Friday evening before- and potentially staying 2 nights at Gaylord Palms to see Ice and their Christmas decorations.
But we're waiting to see if the Podcast team plans anything "special" for before the cruise...:rolleyes1

After the cruise we are staying until Sunday, 12/19- hopefully we will get BLT at the 7 month mark. Booking VWL at 11 months to have someplace to stay.
We're up for any festivities, but we'd really like to propose either YeHaa Bob or Jellyrolls for a DIS night. :cool1:
We didn't get to do too many DIS events on this last trip- just DAP & GKTW. We're hoping to do more this next time around.

We are going down Tuesday 12/7 and rented a studio at AKV! We want to get in Harry potter/osborne lights and MVMCP before the cruise. Then we will leave right afterwards. Nice to see what everyone's plans are:goodvibes

I'll either be coming down after work on Thurs. 12/9 or first thing Friday morning staying through the Sunday after the cruise.

Looks like AKL is gonna be it this time around.

I'm thinking of arriving late Friday (if can leave without having to take vacation) or Saturday (12/11)

After the cruise definately staying to celebrate Paul's birthday as long as he is willing to celebrate mine the next day ;) (Dec. 18th) so probably looking at 12/17-23 afterwards (gotta use the annual pass). Hopefully booking Boardwalk at 11 months but may not have enough points :sad1: (anyone want to rent me some)

Will more than likely come in late on the 10th for two nights non DVC if Dreams has a Dolphin or similar deal like PCC 1.0 .

Post cruise we'll book SSR at 11 months through the 22nd or 23rd and then waitlisting AKV Kidani at 7 months. That's where Deb wants to stay next.

We will probably arrive late afternoon/early evening on Friday and stay until Sunday morning post cruise. We will have my mom, brother, SIL, niece, nephew, Ian, and hopefully some of Mike's family with us. Not sure where we are staying yet!

WOW! You folks stay at the high end deluxe resports! Someone on Facebook said I needed some rich friends. I think I find them in my DIS friends.

I will be down a few days on either side on PCC depending on when the airline gives me a good flight. Could be away from home up to ten days, we'll see how the schedule goes.

Could be joining Tracey, if she'll have me. Curious if Dreams will get a good rate for Swan/Dolphin.

Also want to go to Univeral, probably before the cruise. Would also like to go to Yee Ha Bob with other DISers. Also want to do the WDW theme park attractions. (lots of "alsos". Hope there is time to do "everything"!)

Funny Dave and I were just discussing this tonight. I think we are leaving home on Friday and dince we decided to drive will get there Saturday morning sometime. We are waiting to see if they have a Dolphin special too. WE loved the Dolphin! We may end up there anyway. WE would leave Saturday morning so we could be home Sunday and recover. I am trying to minimize my vacation days and Hallie's missing days of school.

We're looking at coming down on Wednesday night, and spending till Sunday morning in Disney. SSR is our home resort, so we'll book there first, then try our luck at moving somewhere at 7 months. Don't know where yet. Thursday post cruise we'd like to take the kids to Kennedy Space Center for the first time, then a couple days at Universal, flying home that Sunday the 19th.
I'm so glad you guys started talking about this. I would've completely missed my 11 months window!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter