staying at the All Star Movies

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to stay in the All Star Movies resort? And is the preferred room rate really worth the price difference since we won't be in our rooms that much?

I prefer to book preferred room at ASMo because I like to be closer to the food court and buses. I also like the preferred bld themes better. But those are just personal preferences :) If I was really trying to minimize expenses I'd book a regular room.

It is definitely a personal preference based on many factors. We always book a preferred room because we like to be close to the food court. In addition, I use the handicapped parking and the All Star Resorts are lacking in spaces spread throughout the resort. I have better luck parking by Guest Registration.

FYI, it is always busier and noiser the closer you get to the Main Bldg/Food Court. If you like it quieter and you don't mind the walk, then you might like the standard rooms.

I will walk for 12 hours straight in the parks, but I hate walking too far at the hotel! :confused3

Whatever you decide it doesn't really matter....YOU'RE AT DISNEY WORLD ON VACATION!!!!!!:tigger:

Mighty Ducks is non preferred and is very close to the ASMusic bus, pool, and food court.

We always book a standard room and haven't had any problems. I might be tempted to book preerred if we stay at Movies again just because I love the Toy Story area, and it is now preferred (wasn't in 2004 when we stayed there). We don't have any problem with the walking distance.

I normally book standard room at any/all of the AS. Twice I have been upgraded to preferred and while it was nice to be so close, for me it would not be worth the extra dollars.

We do preferred only because of the room theme. The actual walking distance from a standard to the amenities is maybe an extra 5 minutes. If you don't care about room theme I'd save the money.

We stayed there 2 years ago in the preferred section, Dalmatians. We did it only because DD was/is obsessed with 101 Dalmatians! We walked all over the resort and it didn't seem like the standard rooms were that much farther away. We never had an issue with noise being in a preferred room. If we stayed there again and didn't care about the theme of the building or room we were in, I would not pay for preferred. Hope that helps! You will have so much fun. We sure did!

We have always enjoyed our stay in the Toy Story section of the resort. Great location. Convenient to the food court, buses and pool.

Does anyone have any suggestions for having snacks and bottled water delivered to my resort? I wasn't a case of water but do not know anywhere that will deliver. Please help!

Does anyone have any suggestions for having snacks and bottled water delivered to my resort? I wasn't a case of water but do not know anywhere that will deliver. Please help!

Walmart, Garden Grocer, and Goodings all deliver. There might even be a few more, but those are the ones I can think of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter